Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosion in scooters fuel tank?

• 12-04-2010 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭

I own a Vespa GT 200. The other day while driving home i felt a great amount of heat coming from under the seat.

when i get home and lifted it i found a large hole melted in the helmet bin and a small hole in the petrol tank just underneath it. the hole looked like it was caused by a small explosion in the tank as the metal was bent outwards. the melted plastic from the helmet bin had also coverd the rear springs and today the bike wouldnt start. the head light would come on but no ignition.

any idea what could have caused the explosion and the bike to not start? there was no indication of overheating

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

I couldnt guess what caused the hole,,,but for fcuk sake dont start the bike untill yoy get it seen too,,,are you saying that there is a hole in the petrol tank that the petrol can escape out of,ad you want to start it,what happens when you start it and your driveing along and the petrol leaks out onto the red hot exhaust or whatever,,,,,get it sorted out before you star it,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

thetyreman wrote: »
    I couldnt guess what caused the hole,,,but for fcuk sake dont start the bike untill yoy get it seen too,,,are you saying that there is a hole in the petrol tank that the petrol can escape out of,ad you want to start it,what happens when you start it and your driveing along and the petrol leaks out onto the red hot exhaust or whatever,,,,,get it sorted out before you star it,,,

well of course im not going to go driving round on it. the point about starting it was to show that something else has blown aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Ah....that would be the old grenade in the petrol tank trick....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

zapata wrote: »
    Ah....that would be the old grenade in the petrol tank trick....;)
    damn vietcong!

turns out there was a hole in the exhaust directing heat upwards towards the tank.

feckin charles' law!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

feckin charles' law!

Charles DARWIN methinks...

'cptr

• Advertisement
Advertisement