Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYP

Options
  • 12-04-2010 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭

The infamous Final Year Project which is still compulsory for cson. Not that it bothers me as I'd have likely chosen to do it anyone; good opportunity to pick something you're interested in and do an in depth study on it.

It's coming to that time of year when the Proposals for it are heating up. I'm currently trying to get a mix of something I'm interested in that's reasonable original and is meaty enough to get enough content for the likes of a FYP. I'm mulling over it at the moment and want to get this right as it's crucial in me getting a good degree I'm thinking.

Any FYP veterans got any hints or tips? Stuff to do/not to do etc?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Yeah: you've a year to do it, stop fretting!

I think the History Dept is still waiting on my 'Progress Report' due in week 12 of 3rd year...they'll be waiting on that a while yet. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

1. Pick a topic
    2. Email your top 5 wanted supervisors
    3. Meet with those who are willing
    4. Pick one
    5. Talk through the process
    6. Do the research
    7. Write the paper
    8. Submit
    9. Viva Voce
    10. Wait for grade

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

ninty9er wrote: »
    1. Pick a topic
    2. Email your top 5 wanted supervisors
    3. Meet with those who are willing
    4. Pick one
    5. Talk through the process
    6. Do the research
    7. Write the paper
    8. Submit
    9. Viva Voce
    10. Wait for grade

It sounds too easy when you list it out like that! :P
    Yeah: you've a year to do it, stop fretting!

I think the History Dept is still waiting on my 'Progress Report' due in week 12 of 3rd year...they'll be waiting on that a while yet. :rolleyes:

Major beer plans for the last hurrah in college-io so I want to have a good bit of this particular beasht out of the way. How's UL London schtyle going?

Advertisement