Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

immortal 2 fight card

• 12-04-2010 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

pro a
    richard talyor efr V chris fields sbg
    pro b
    jonny ma gillion sft V conor muholland si
    paul brennan si V lee metcaff rush
    stephen coll mjj V noel dougan pccb
    stephen connelly evolve V robert o boyle efr
    c class
    ryan thomas sft V alan phipott imma
    davin corrigan sft V jamie mc allese imma
    arron devlin sft V emmett finnagan pccb
    tiaran carlin sft V paul keenan evolve
    eugene mc cauleysft V eamon lavery efr
    eddie gorman mjj V deckey mc cormick imma
    brian gorman mjj V dan thompson pccb
    james gallagher sft V luke caffery rush
    ronnie brenan sft V tbc

sorry for the delay lads have few more fights tbc shortly
    tickets pay at door £20
    doors open 7 first fight 8
    st pats hall strabane co .tyrone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 hendy

some good fights! Whats the date for show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

troygracie wrote: »
    sorry for the delay lads.....

Dont be so bias wot about the ladies lol:P

Card looks excellent, some really nice matchmakin there and should be an action packed nite of MMA in the "little town" of Strabane lol

Urs
    x

hendy wrote: »
    some good fights! Whats the date for show?

Its 24th April:) (its on another thread)

Urs
    x

thanks urs, fountain of knowledge as usual!!

thanks urs, fountain of knowledge as usual!!

LOL :D

Urs
    x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Campbell M

Some slight adjustments due to club changes, etc. This does not effect the fights.

Stephen Coll is now fighting out of the Rilion Gracie Academy Ireland

Eddie and Brian Gorman are fighting for the Donegal Fight Team out of Fighting Fit Gym in Donegal Town.

Looking forward to this one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Looking forward now to the fight night should be good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭mcdermott

want to get in early enough and get a decent seat.

nothing worse than sitting down the back. is the bar open sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Aye bar is open lad! Your better of going early to get a good seat close to it lol!!

St Pats is alot better than the Melmount Centre too more space and not as cramped!!

Big crowd expected too! There is a few new fights too on the card once i get them il post them up here!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

results of the Metcalfe and Fields fights anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

results of the Metcalfe and Fields fights anyone?
    I think chris won my RNC in the 1st and lee won by arm bar.

any other results??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Well done to Conor and John of SFT on a cracking show!!

Immortal just went to re-confirm how good local shows can be at grass roots level. Shows like Immortal and the Rumble in Rush are great for getting the younger, up and coming lads used to the pressure before going on to the bigger stage.

The match making was close to spot on and there was some good sportsmanship on show (a nice touch i noticed was when any of the Rush lads won Paul Cowzer went to the loosing fighter first to make sure all was ok before celebrating with his own lad) and the crowd got behind the fighters well.

When young Galagher won his fight he jumped on top of the cage with his bleached blonde hair looking like a mini me of Ali McLean:D

Well done again to all at Strabane Fight Team, I for 1 can,t wait for the next Immortal show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rooneyboy

any other results??

I posted all the results in a different thread lad. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Enjoyed the show, it was good craic and a nice venue-the fights i seen where good, but i missed most in all fairness due to warming lads up etc..

Well done on a succesfull night.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PT's kickboxing

Congrats to Davin Corrigan on last nights win,one for the future

Firstly congratulations to Conor and John great matchmakin and well set up show made for a very enjoyable nite of MMA!!!! Also well done for the others behind the scene especially the ladies who I seen work really hard lik Carmel and Mrs Corry!!!!!!

My only gripe was the MC - didnt understand a word he woz sayin most of the nite and clearly he had no understanding of MMA but lets not dwell:cool:

Congratulations to the Strabane Fight Team themselves who really did themselves proud with some outstanding performances. I see such improvement in their skill levels and it is evident of the hard work they are all puttin in - keep it up lads;)

I want to mention ppl who I thought put in excellent performances on the nite - firstly Eugene McAuley - glad to see how his ground game has came along, Eugene is excellent stand up and I woz well impressed with how he has amalgamated his skills and had a great performance. Second is Lee Metcalfe - great debut and well deserved you definately have a lot to giv. Chris Fields - last time I seen Chris I was impressed now I cant wait to see his next fight! Well done! Stephen Connolly worked really hard and cant wait to see him also! James Gallagher - great work mayb a little bit too much celebration but shows potential!

Now for maybe my fight of the nite Davin and Jamie - technically Jamie was playin a shrud game and knew to get to his feet as often as he could but Davin persisted on take-downs and BJJ, I know he has worked really hard for this fight and it paid off for him - keep it up;). Well done to both young fighters who are definately huge potentials!

Urs
    x

p.s. some ppl thought I may hav been ignorant by not chattin on Sat Im sorry but some wer actually stoppin my sister thinkin it woz me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

I agree with mrs lynch was an excellent nite with some great fights, fight of the night for me was tiarian carlin he looked nervous going in but unleashed it big time when the bell went. James gallagher had a great win but just needs to control himself a little he came across as bit disrespectful but i would say this is due to age more than anything but definetely one for the future.

The atmosphere seemed lacking a bit in noise at times and the mc had to try and get the crowd going a number of times as the place was nearly quiet but once going the crowd where very good and getting behind local fighters well

Hopefully johnny mc gillion will get back on winning ways soon maybe a few months out to get some training in without the pressure of getting into the cage would help and come back refreshed and eager again to fight

Had to agree it woz the quietest fite nite in Strabane Ive been at (even with me there lol:p).

But it woz still great nite and well done;)

Urs
    x

Advertisement