Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got settlers 7 just a few hours ago...

Options
  • 12-04-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

... and i damn freaking loving it!!! :pac:

I had a 50eu gift card from mine birthday last month ( dont know is this sad or awesome actually :rolleyes: ), so i went to get settlers as nothing even half decent is out latelly...

i was surprised, as they had only 1 copy of it, and it was sitting there since release! :eek:

So anyway if you liked settlers 3, the old school ones, then you will love this one!

p.s. oh yeah DRM...

p.s.s. i guess only old school pc gamers will remember settlers... youngsters are not interested in anything that does not include ak47 tag on it.... its a shame...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Would love to play it, was so looking forward to it, but I refuse to use that rediculous DRM they've imposed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Would love to play it, was so looking forward to it, but I refuse to use that rediculous DRM they've imposed :mad:

Same here, if my net connection drops I still want to be able to play my games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I play World of Warcraft and TeamFortress 2 which seem to have the same DRM (if your net connection drops you cant play the game), and it hasn't really been a problem in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I hear there is awful problems though, with a large number of players unable to play because the drm is fecked. Have to wait for a patch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Drakar wrote: »
    I play World of Warcraft and TeamFortress 2 which seem to have the same DRM (if your net connection drops you cant play the game), and it hasn't really been a problem in the last few years.

Online. I play World of Warcraft and TeamFortress 2 online. Its a integral part of the game. The online bit. Their is no offline for either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

i reckon he was joking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i played yesterday so far, had no problems with DRM so far, thought i wouldnt miss such a great game just becouse of DRM...

seriuoslly, havent played an single player game that would hook me up so much latelly...

i love that they went back to that cartoonish style with settlers, anather thing which makesit great: combat is not that important, its simplyfied as hell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

how much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

~€30 for boxed copy on Amazon, or like ~€25 on those online key store dealies.

Advertisement