Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RF3000 Universal Video Modulator Query

Options
  • 12-04-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'd really appreciate some support from guys with experience on this. I hope I can make sense. I hope I'm in the right place too.

In my attic I have a Wolsey 4 Way TV Signal Amplifier. It actually reads that on the box.

I bought a Maximum RF3000 Universal Video Modulator.

Click Here For More Details Note there is a SCART IN and a SCART OUT .. not sure what to stick the camera in to.

rf3000beispiel.jpg

I have a CCTV Camera. Nothing special.. it plugs in via a scart lead. My plan was to plug this into my modulator and then the modulator into the TV amplifier in the attic.. in the hope that it would send the CCTV Image to all the the TVs that are in the house. It allows me to select the channel.. 21-69. I've done this and it shows nothing.

I am assuming this modulator will only work on digital TV, like what it is the UK? (I think it's Digital TV in the UK?) If this is the case, how can I make my TV Digital or whatever?

If I manage to do what I'd like done, I plan to get a CCTV Camera Kit with four cameras, a DVR and a monitor.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

First thing to do is get the modulator - camera setup working.
    1. Connect camera SCART to SCART IN, TV out to TV. Every thing powered properly. And try auto tune TV. You should see picture from camera. Camera output is unlikely to be digital. If this works, go to next step.

2. Connect Aerial to Aerial input, and autotune. You should see TV channels and Camera.

3. Connect TV output from modulator to distribution amp and all tvs autotuned, should receive camera.

Setup the RF channel from modultor so it does not clash with any TV channel.

That should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Hi, thanks for helping!
    I've got lost on step 1, the second part I'm afraid!
    I'm not sure what TV Out is.. don't know where it's coming from.. but it goes into the Modulator?

Apparently this is the make and model of the amplifier in the attic

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/41033-wolsey-4-way-distribution-amp-334034-triax.html

I've messed about and tried do as you said there.

I've put the TV Antenna from the roof, and the Modulator into a umm ''double adapter'' thing and plugged it into the amplifier.

This give me a signal from the camera but it was very bad.

Beside the 'double adapter' is an Aerial plugged in alone..

Should a triple adapter sort it all out?

I have no idea what the things are called.. I tried Google but can't find it :o

EDIT!

Dude Thanks!!
    Only for you I don't think I would have managed and just accepted it would not have worked!

I just switched the two on the side around and it gives me a clear signal of the camera!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

PeteK* wrote: »

rf3000beispiel.jpg

The modulator box above has connections. Camera goes in place of DVD. TV connects to TV as shown. All other connections free - not connected. Tune tv and you shouls get a camera picture. Do this next to tv.
    Next, connect normal aerial connection to tv into cable/antenna TV input, as labelled. Retune tv and you should get camera on one channel and RTE etc on others. If a channel clashes with the camera, consult book to see how to change modulator channel.
    If all works, move modulator next to distribution amp, and connect your aerial/cable input that currently goes to you dist. amp into the aerial connection of the modulator. Connect tv output from modulator to aerial input of dist amp. [Camera connected as before]
    All should work with all tvs connected to distribution amp.

OK?

I got it sorted! :D Did you mean Cable TV or just TV by itself there? Cos we don't have a TV in the attic. :s

Messed up my TV Channels but the camera is clear!

Now I need to go and search for the manual codes for BBC1, BBC2, UTV, CH4, RTE1, RTE2, TV3 and TG4!

Then I'm sorted!

Thanks Russell!

• Advertisement

PeteK* wrote: »
    Did you mean Cable TV or just TV by itself there? Cos we don't have a TV in the attic. :s

Thanks Russell!

I would be surprised if you have a TV in the attic, unless you live up there.

You should be able to autotune all the stations, together with the camera.

Advertisement