Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good (and reasonable) places for a mental 21st Party?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is looking to have her 21st birthday party at the end of May. She's also a little bit strapped for cash at the min.

Anywhere in or around Dublin City centre/North Wicklow that would be good for a big 21st bash, while also being reasonable?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Capitol Bar!

http://www.capitol.ie/

€5 cocktails till midnight. Good music, good spot. Board beers are often there and I always have a good time there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The grand canal is free. Few dutchies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

SIN Nightclub.

€50 Deal.

VIP Nightclub access, free Pints, Cocktails, Shorts, Mixers, Cloakroom.

http://www.sinbar.ie/offers/deal.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Your House, Have a BBQ or sumtin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Your House, Have a BBQ or sumtin

She would, only her folks won't let her... But tis a good idea, I have to say! Will do that during summer sometime, alright!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fairview park, great after dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

personally speaking back garden boucing castle kegs music and a padling pool and people who like to party.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Bouncing castles are a must have no matter what the age

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

OutlawPete wrote: »
    SIN Nightclub.

€50 Deal.

utter dive tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

utter dive tho...

Not now it's been done up.

Hearing some good reports.

They section off areas in the VIP section also with Group bookings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

OutlawPete wrote: »
    SIN Nightclub.

€50 Deal.

Yes but single vodka's, 1 drink per trip to the bar, bar is absolutely packed(or at least it was new years) but i suppose its good if ur having a party, im sure if they'll let you skip them in the queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just another bit of info, she was looking at having a function room. To have the party more private and stuff. So I was just wondering would anyone also know of maybe not so much a club but also some sort of a hotel function room that would do a late bar and stuff.

She's asking for a lot on this limited budget, but she reckons that I'm better at this!!! So I'm just looking and asking if anyone knows!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

The Gingerman Pub near the Davenport hotel has a room downstairs.
    Its a decent size, booked it for the wifes birthday brought our own dj good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Depending on the size, the sitting room (something like that) can provide a private area AFAIK and it must be decent enough considering it's the DIT Marlborough street local.

The private area in capital bar does look nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

loads of pubs will reserve areas and do platters. diceys is great for it, the platters are huge and lovely. dtwo always has 21sts going on in a private room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I don't think you'd fit a huge amount in d2's rooms. If you take a look at theirs though, they connect to the amazing smoking area/beer garden. Messrs Maguire have a good few bookable areas, it's free, and you can blag your way into Qbar for free. Sounds a bit knackery but qbar's grand once you're with enough people.

Advertisement