Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon training

• 12-04-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I am training for the edinburgh marathon in May. Im aiming for a time of around 3.15. Its only my second marathon. I would love to get my Marathon time under 3 hours in the next couple of years. Could anyone tell me what is the best type of training to do to increase speed. Is your diet a big factor?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

You've posted this in the wrong place - you'd get more of a response in the main forum. And from those who know what it's like to go sub-3 :)

You need to incorporate a certain amount of interval training or tempo work into your programme. It's a big subject. However you need to be running regularly at sub-3 pace if you're to achieve it in a marathon.

Good luck.

Advertisement