Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me a car

• 12-04-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Looking to change cars and am unsure what i should be looking for.
    only have 3 maybe max 4 grand to spend.
    Something thats
    Reliable enough.
    Not bigger than a 1.6
    not a guzzler on juice.
    and is capable of driving on the motorway at 120 kmph
    any opinions would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Ford Focus ticks thoses boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stacks Mad

Toyota corolla a great car and I have a lot of experience working on a number of cars and Toyota's are bog standard and found they always bring you home not like a pile of dung such as a "ford".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

What size?

Mid-size I'd go for a Skoda Octavia, Toyota Corrolla, or Ford Focus. The toyota 1.4 is probably a bit livelier than the others but the other 2 have a much nicer cabin, the Octavia in particular. Not as cheap as they used to be though since they dont have the old stigma attatched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

T83 wrote: »
    What size?

Mid-size I'd go for a Skoda Octavia

Makes it into every thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Yes first thought when I read the OP was the Ford Focus. If you can get a 1.6 and a higer spec than the basic LX you will find it hard to get a better car for the money. Corollas are awfully boring and a 1.4 Octavia will be painfully slow and not that economical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Definately go for the Ford Focus. Have mine 5 years and not one bit of trouble yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭T83

Shane732 wrote: »
    Makes it into every thread!

Well in fairness for the money I'd prefer a spec'd out Octavia to a baseline golf, same car with none of the "prestige" associated with the VW brand (note the inverted commas :D). This is coming from a former Golf owner btw.
    Focus is the best drive out of the three I mentioned, and I agree Corollas are ridiculously dull but they're a decent car (in spite of the few who'll scream toyota reliability is a myth). If it was my money I'd take none of the above and get an EP3 Civic Type S... but then he hasn't said what size he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Tom1991

thanks for the suggestions i dont mind any size car really .http://www.carzone.ie/search/Honda/Civic/S-3-DOOR/200947195945480/advert?channel=CARS not too mad on that shape civic tbh the lights would annoy me.

Advertisement