Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Show on 98fm about a decade ago?

• 12-04-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

I was trying to remember a show that was on 98 fm about 8 or 9 years ago. It was on around the same time as the fm104 phone show but finished at 12pm I think. The presenter was fairly well known, I think he works for TG4 now, Irish name, bald guy i think. It was a bit like Moncrieffe - chat show with interviews and music. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

chris something wasnt it? Also Tom Brannigan

EDIT: Its all here http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Dublin's_98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

chris barry phone show was the original and then it was taken over by tom brannigan

dont know what they are doing now but i did work experience for the show for a good while

good people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Chris Barry's show was great, actually entertaining unlike the current crop of bear-baiting late night phone-in shows we have on 98fm and fm104 these days.

I used to love when people rang Adrian Kennedy's phone show and called him "Chris".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

didn't Niall Power of the beat breakfast show used to fill in for Chris, or perhaps Adrian back in those days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

eth0_ wrote: »
    Chris Barry's show was great, actually entertaining unlike the current crop of bear-baiting late night phone-in shows we have on 98fm and fm104 these days.

I used to love when people rang Adrian Kennedy's phone show and called him "Chris".

Me to, Kennedy would go mad when he was called Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Tom Brannigan was very good and his show was much better than Adrian Kennedy's. It also had a nice variety to it aswell with the solictor on for a segment for one night, Dermot Jewell on another night and some movie reviewer on another night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Chris Barry slow was a classic. I worked nights in batchellors I loved it.

Adrian Kennedy is shoite. Total and utter shoite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

unknown13 wrote: »
    Tom Brannigan was very good and his show was much better than Adrian Kennedy's. It also had a nice variety to it aswell with the solictor on for a segment for one night, Dermot Jewell on another night and some movie reviewer on another night.

Yeah Tom had a much better show covered a lot of things sport etc

on the horse racing he used to have Paul McGee RIP he was jimmy mcgees son giving out tips every week.

Toms show was way more professional than Adrian Kennedys

Hopefully Tom might make a comeback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

think it was Niall Boylan who used to fill in for Chris, afaik Niall now sells wigs and was on the late late show a couple of years back with Pat Kenny showing them off.

One of his "models" on the LLS that night actually was the Joey guy who used to answer the phones

........takes anorak off

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

Haha it was Tom Brannigan alright, thanks guys!

McGee was great, some decent tips and really entertaining. There was a regular musician too called Mahoney who was pretty decent.

It was always great to Kennedy fume at the Chris thing, any time I listen now they constantly flaunt that they're unrivaled in the night time spot. It would be good to have a talk show rival like Tom's back, maybe on Newstalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Chris Barry started on 104 then moved to 98 as far as I recall, but I felt that the show lost something in the move myself.

Adrian Kennedy then took over full-time on 104 (he used to cover for Chris initially) and that's when the show descended into scumbag-baiting.

Advertisement