Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Focus 07 - automatic key opening and closing

• 12-04-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I'm looking at buying a 2007 ford focus but I've heard that the key gives trouble on them. The salesman said they only have the unique key (where it automatically opens when you are 3 feet to the car and close when 3 feet away) for the 2007 model and discontinued this feature after this. This leads me to believe it wasn't a success. Anyone have any experience with thiis car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i have an ST with keyless entry

if your very close to any door and go to open them with the key in your pocket, yes they open when you pull the car door handle

no they do not lock when you walk away, i have to double press the key to deadlock the doors

or else you should have these little black plastic things on the handles which can be used to lock the car also.

on my version there is a sudo fake key in the ignition which you turn after depressing the clutch, and she fires up

kinda silly they didnt add a start button, but they wernt done till 08' onwards i believe

in saying that its handy enuff at times, no need to fiddle looking for keys when you come back to your car, you just pull the door handle and in you get

hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

Ya cheers barra, that helps explain how it works. What I really want to know if they give trouble. If they don't in general I will buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i personally havent had any issues with it anaway

*touch wood* haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My OH has one new since 07,hasn't given her any trouble except once when it locked with the keys inside.It shouldn't be possible to do this and I wasn't able to replicate it(I reckon the key was shielded in her handbag by her mobile and other assorted stuff women carry in them)
    Other than that no problems and handy that you are never rooting around for keys.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This feature came with the optional Connection Pack available on the Focus LX and Zetec at the time. The Connection Pack cost only €500 extra and was offered only for a limited time before the Focus got a facelift.

The LX Connection came with 16" alloy wheels, electric windows allround, front fog lights, keyless entry and bluetooth radio with voice activation.

The Zetec Connection added 17" alloy wheels, climate controlled air conditioning, auto headlights & wipers and auto dipping rear view mirror.

I've never heard of any issues with the keyless entry system to be honest but there are plenty of Focus models out there for sale to choose from without the Connection Pack if you don't want the potential hassel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I had that feature in an 07 Focus. I thought it was very clever.

It's still an option on new builds - but it's not cheap.

Advertisement