Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster vs Clermont

• 12-04-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Few taken from cracker of a game!!!

4515507632_dedb84eab3.jpg

4515506158_022d308e8d.jpg

4515504912_72a6caaa47.jpg

4514865531_a78023c24b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Great great expressions but I do believe now that you have progressed so much that you now need a longer lens, these are def short and b4 you do a cageyone on me that is a compliment. :p

ps
    1st 2 seem a bit crookered, I also find them a bit blueish and yes I know its a blue sky and Leinster wear blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

yeah only have a 300 2.8 , might invest in a converter or go 400 or 500 if i dare,bluesness is noted just my laziness in auto toning in ps..live and learn i say thx

wow 300!
    500 is a f4 and would that not be too slow?
    400 2.8 is meant to be so so so good but also so so so expensive...how many Kidneys have you at this time and moment?

might win the big one wednesday night:) dont thing i will get much for my kidneys as my liver is in a shocking state

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just crop tighter. ;)

400mm f/2.8 is on my shopping wishlist. But, it's about 7k Euro to buy in Ireland, at the best.

yeah thx paul , mayhem at the game not allowed to sit on endlines only agency ogs allowed ,just one sideline for the rif raf, gone are the days where you could plant yourself in prime spots even ifyou get to venue 2 hours before kick off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

wow 300!
    400 2.8 is meant to be so so so good but also so so so expensive...how many Kidneys have you at this time and moment?

500 is grand ;)

Access is getting harder and harder for the rugby. :(

I couldn't go, due to being at a wedding.

I'd still prefer a 400mm f/2.8 over a 500mm f/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

3rd and 4th shots are great,maybe crop in a bit.

• Advertisement

Horizons are way too wonky in the first 2 and too much dead space around each shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

wow 300!
    Paulw wrote: »
    Access is getting harder and harder for the rugby. :(

I couldn't go, due to being at a wedding.

I'd still prefer a 400mm f/2.8 over a 500mm f/4.

Me too!

These are with a 400 2.8

4515265029_2f656dac6a.jpg

4515902028_c5b7c1f334.jpg

4515903428_7e321fa106.jpg

4515264337_b1d618f2fe.jpg

The 500mm isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Considering I shot in piss poor conditions before and it held its own. Also plenty of pics shot with it has almost paid for itself :D

kensutz wrote: »
    The 500mm isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. Considering I shot in piss poor conditions before and it held its own. Also plenty of pics shot with it has almost paid for itself :D

Exactly - don't knock it till you try it

agreed horizons wonky didnt even realise i was doing it thanks for the heads up and yes will crop next time ,is the converter option a goer for getting closer to the action

hoganpoly wrote: »
    agreed horizons wonky didnt even realise i was doing it thanks for the heads up and yes will crop next time ,is the converter option a goer for getting closer to the action

Yes it is - it will magnify your focal length by 1.4 and bring your aperture back by one stop - so if you are at 2.8 then it will go to 4.
    This means that a 300mm f2.8 lens will effectively be a 420mm f4.

This means that the iso will have to be set higher, especially in darker conditions

Hoganpoly - was that you sitting beside me in the corner - the ERC guy kept moving us back??

mrboswell wrote: »
    Yes it is - it will magnify your focal length by 1.4 and bring your aperture back by one stop - so if you are at 2.8 then it will go to 4.
    This means that a 300mm f2.8 lens will effectively be a 420mm f4.

This means that the iso will have to be set higher, especially in darker conditions

Hoganpoly - was that you sitting beside me in the corner - the ERC guy kept moving us back??

thx mr boswell might look into getting a converter alright as lighting good at rds ,no I was on the sideline right in front of the french supporters who kept waving their flags over my head ,you going this friday?

thx mr boswell might look into getting a converter alright as lighting good at rds ,no I was on the sideline right in front of the french supporters who kept waving their flags over my head ,you going this friday?

It's good in the middle of the pitch but I wouldn't get carried away with 'good' in general.
    I was on the same side as you, right beside the keep of the grass sign.

Yep, I'll be there on Friday

cool will be there myself im the big fella see you there:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Were ye not allowed into the corners for this match?

• Advertisement

ERC and Sky said only 2 in each corner everyone else on the new stand touch line. 2 were getty/inpho/pa etc

Ballyman wrote: »
    Were ye not allowed into the corners for this match?

yeah bit tight for space that night hopefully less hassle at a magners league game

yeah bit tight for space that night hopefully less hassle at a magners league game

Not really!! Less people there but you are not not allowed sit in front of the advertising at ML games either anymore.

You were never allowed to sit in front of any advertising which contained writing or symbols. It makes perfect sense considering these companies fork out money to get their brands recognised on the tv.

kensutz wrote: »
    You were never allowed to sit in front of any advertising which contained writing or symbols. It makes perfect sense considering these companies fork out money to get their brands recognised on the tv.

Of course it makes sense but that wasn't the way at the RDS. You could sit where you liked and nobody would bat an eylid.
    Until recently.

We were always told to sit in between the hoardings where gaps were. Same in Thomond or any other ground in Ireland or Europe where I've shot.

Of course it makes sense but that wasn't the way at the RDS. You could sit where you liked and nobody would bat an eylid.
    Until recently.

No, you were always told not to sit in front of the advertising, but to sit between them. There were even notices put up last season in the press room, reminding photographers not to block the advertising.

Nothing at all has changed in that respect in the RDS.

Well it's all news to me!!

It's been there hanging on the wall inside the media room for 2+ years saying never to sit in front of the hoardings.

• Advertisement

Standard part of the press photographers briefing before games. Every few games, if anyone has not listened to the instructions, it's said again, to remind people.

I should listen in future I suppose :)

I should listen in future I suppose :)

now go away and do 100 lines:)

Yes Sir!

Yes Sir!

finally RESPECT:)