Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rejecting Subjects

Options
  • 12-04-2010 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Has anyone mentally 'rejected' subjects they're doing pointswise? Like I'm doing 8 subjects, I'm wondering if it's worth me concentrating on 6 now.

I mean obviously some things could go unexpectedly wrong on the day but also it frees up more time to work on more important subjects etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

if it makes u feel any better ive been rejecting them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

if it makes u feel any better ive been rejecting them all

Very good, very good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I was doing all honours but lost interest in Irish and was spending too much time on it so I dropped it after Christmas. I almost wish I dropped sooner because I covered do many topics I don't need now i'm in pass. I'm only doing six honours now so i'm not leaving myself much room for errors but I think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I've rejected french and irish.Dropped down to pass in both,just don't see the point in trying when i'll never use them again!!!

Ordinary Irish is my proverbial punch bag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Dropped to pass maths today. Don't want to be an engineer so it's not worth running the risk of failing maths. Did out '09 paper 1 this evening, took an hour and half, 95%. Don't plan on paying that or pass french much attention tbh, but still have 5 honours to study for. Absolutely hating english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

Construction Studies. I didn't want to do it in the first place, it was either that or Home Ec, and lads in Home Ec? Madness...
    It's so hard all the different building materials and foundations and stuff. It's cah hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

I only have four honours, I'm really struggling, its entirely my own fault, I never went into school in fifth year, got a lil better this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

I only have four honours, I'm really struggling, its entirely my own fault, I never went into school in fifth year, got a lil better this year

What do you mean ONLY? I thought four would be considered above average. I'm doing 3 and struggling even at that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I'm in 5th year and am considering dropping to pass Irish because I've got 8 subjects. But my mam's from the Gaeltacht so she's not too happy about it. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Maths. :) I am (theoretically) capable of getting As in my other six subjects, so I'd rather put effort into those than maths where I'd only ever get a C anyway. In my mind it isn't economical use of my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Gave up on Irish, becuase I had convinced myself that I wouldn't do very well. This was stupid because I was always half decent at Irish, but I didn't like it and never worked at it. I surprised myself by getting a B3, which was the same as English, and I had put a lot more time into that.

Silly me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

It's a choice between English and Maths for me, I love Maths and hate English but in terms of ability it's the other way around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

German and Geography. I'm after royally screwing up in my German oral so I'm fairly sure that I can't do anything to improve in it now.

Geography has always been a subject that I really have no expectations for. I just picked it because I thought it was gonna be easy. Unfortunately it's not as easy as I thought it would be and I'm somehow starting to develop an interest in it.

Luckily I have 8 honours subjects and pass Irish so I really have much room to play around with for the maximum points that I can possibly provide myself with.

Advertisement