Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Kin

Options
  • 12-04-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

So with windows mobile 7 series due later on in the year it seems microsoft have pulled a fast one and entered the hardware market early with an even different OS.

So although a low to mid market phone it does heavily suggest that microsoft will be entering the smart phone market themselves later on in the year. Will be interesting to see if it is with sharp again!!!!!!!!!

http://www.kin.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So with windows mobile 7 series due later on in the year it seems microsoft have pulled a fast one and entered the hardware market early with an even different OS.

So although a low to mid market phone it does heavily suggest that microsoft will be entering the smart phone market themselves later on in the year. Will be interesting to see if it is with sharp again!!!!!!!!!

http://www.kin.com/

eh?:confused:

Not too sure about these phones, but then again I never understood the sidekick either.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Surely this device is for teenagers, but the website seems to orient to and feature hipsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

With the emphasis firmly on social networking, and the amount of "social images" visible on the Kin homepage, this is definitely a device for those who are into Faceplace and MyBook; I'll be giving these devices a wide berth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I think the Kin 1 is a really cute looking gadget
    (I'm definately not a teenager and tragically unhip for many years)

Advertisement