Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Heuston

Options
  • 12-04-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I need to get to Heuston for meeting tomorrow evening and have never parked around there save to let people off at front. I see car park on Liffey side off John's road.... I presume this is it? I suppose OK for space c. 7.30 pm? Is there any other alternative such as onstreet parking that time of night? Coming along south quays, do you just continue straight across junction into John's Road? I am used to swinging left to front of Steevan's Hospital building or taking right to go over bridge. Coming out, do you go onto north quays to work way back to south of city? or is there a better way to get to Dundrum.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I need to get to Heuston for meeting tomorrow evening and have never parked around there save to let people off at front. I see car park on Liffey side off John's road.... I presume this is it? I suppose OK for space c. 7.30 pm? Is there any other alternative such as onstreet parking that time of night? Coming along south quays, do you just continue straight across junction into John's Road? I am used to swinging left to front of Steevan's Hospital building or taking right to go over bridge. Coming out, do you go onto north quays to work way back to south of city? or is there a better way to get to Dundrum.

Thanks in advance! :)

The Ashling hotel on Parkgate Street across the road from the station has a multi-storey car park, it will be more secure than on-street parking, I'm not sure of the parking charges though (it's free for the hotel residents), as for going to Dundrum, continue on up Johns Road up to the SCR junction and follow the signs for the N7, this road will bring you through Inchicore and Bluebell to the M50 junction for the Southbound carraigeway to Dundrum, it's not the shortest route but in my opinion it's much quicker than driving through the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Yes, when heading down Victoria Quay, you continue straight across the junction with Liffey on your right and Heuston on your left. About 300m down that road there is a gated car park operated by Euro Car Parks, which costs (I think) €1.50 per hour. There really isn't too much in the vicinity by way of on-street parking, save perhaps Parkgate Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Thanks for feedback folks! Yes info about charges of 1 50 an hour or 7 Euro a day on various websites but not the detailed info as to how to access the carpark. Poor tourists:(

Advertisement