Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Examiner

• 12-04-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi Guys,

I'm finishing my degree this year and have got the date for the external examiners visit to the department. My final year coordinator has been telling us we all must attend etc since last September. I have a very small class and as such would have a high probability of being interviewed. The date for the visit is nearly one full month after my exams finish which seems a little long to expect us to wait around. I have been offered a very good job in another country & have no plans to fly back and ask for one of my first weeks off work.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?
    Do you think this will cause any problems? I don't want to burn any bridges in my current department and just thought I would get some opinions before talking to them.

Thanks,
    Jim_Bob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

I'm not sure, but it can't hurt to explain your situation to the department. I'm sure that under the circumstances (and with a job offer on the line) they will try to accommodate you.

Advertisement