Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite beach in Clare?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Jim Martin wrote: »
    Well, it was White Strand, Miltown Malbay last year, but I heard recently she had moved up the coast to Fanore I think it was.

Some info on "Dusty" - beware!

http://www.iwdg.ie/article.asp?id=1849

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

That article is well over two years old. I have surfed with her since then and there was no eveidence of any lessions as per the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ktc1

Went to Spanish Point yesterday and it was lovely. Arrived just after 10 when it was nice and quiet and left around one o'clock as it was getting pretty busy and very hot. The kids had a great time and I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I was at spanish point on saturday, it was fantastic the only thing is that the water was really cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

I think you have to be careful swimming at Spanish Point, can be quite dangerous at times, I think it's to do with the sandbanks constantly moving.

White Strand is beautiful, was there last summer when Dusty was around great fun :D I've also heard that she has gone up to Fanore. Doughbeg beach is a great hidden gem - shhhhhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Have been reading this post as I go to west Clare regularly.
    This site might be useful;
    http://www.visitdoonbeg.com/maps/index.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

LavaLamp wrote: »

Doughbeg beach is a great hidden gem - shhhhhhh!

do u mean doonbeg beach??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paryan

fryup wrote: »
    do u mean doonbeg beach??
    liscannor- clahan or lower quay for the good swimmers tide must be in

miltown malbay- white strand for kids etc no currents as it is a horse shoe bay

Advertisement