Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Sheehan Memorial - Carrick

• 12-04-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just checked relevant websites again and can`t find any info. regarding this race. Anyone shed any light?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Hi there,

Same course as last year (to be confirmed on Thursday)

As far as i know so don't shoot me if i'm wrong
    A1, A2 = 4 LAPS
    A3 = 3 LAPS
    A4 = 2 LAPS

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rubs

Is that the Glenbower circuit, like Paddy`s Day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

rubs wrote: »

Alas not! It's the 'Kearneys Road' circuit. It's at tough one, including Sky Hill. It would be more similar to the Des Hanlon circuit yesterday, than to the the Glenbower circuit. I'll be doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭quintana2

rubs wrote: »
    kearneys rd circuit. underage sign on 11 for a 12o clock start.

A1 A2 1 O CLOCK START, A3 1.05 START, A4 1.08 START

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭rochefan

Do you know where the sign on is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭vinniem

rochefan wrote: »
    Do you know where the sign on is?
    Yeah it's just beside race start line, Carrick utd club house which is on back road to Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭vinniem

Alas not! It's the 'Kearneys Road' circuit. It's at tough one, including Sky Hill. It would be more similar to the Des Hanlon circuit yesterday, than to the the Glenbower circuit. I'll be doing it.

Hi ya there stranger, not quite as hard as Des Hanlon but hard just the same, Kearneys road being the toughest climb. Hopefully be doing it myself so see you there.

Hi all,

More info on the race here

http://carrickwheelers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

vinniem wrote: »
    Hi ya there stranger, not quite as hard as Des Hanlon but hard just the same, Kearneys road being the toughest climb. Hopefully be doing it myself so see you there.

Well, thank god for that. Looking forward to being with my own again after being tormented by A1s and A2s :D

Any results....race reports?....I couldn`t make it myself...something came up yesterday...the usual...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Results are here
    I did the A4, enjoyable race. We had 2 laps of the circuit with that long climb in the middle of it. On the first lap the climb split things up a bit but a fairly pedestrian descent back in to Carrick brought it all together again by the start of the second lap. This time I tried to do some damage on the climb but by the time we reached the top I had done more damage to myself than the rest of the field. There was a couple of breaks after that which came to nothing and there was a bunch finish. I thought I'd come 8th but the results appear to differ :( No matter, it was a good day's racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

showry wrote: »
    Results are here
    I did the A4, enjoyable race. We had 2 laps of the circuit with that long climb in the middle of it. On the first lap the climb split things up a bit but a fairly pedestrian descent back in to Carrick brought it all together again by the start of the second lap. This time I tried to do some damage on the climb but by the time we reached the top I had done more damage to myself than the rest of the field. There was a couple of breaks after that which came to nothing and there was a bunch finish. I thought I'd come 8th but the results appear to differ :( No matter, it was a good day's racing.

Well done, Showry.

It's been a while since i've raced... I will be in Fermoy next weekend. How was the pace in the bunch today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭SACH Central

jdt101 wrote: »
    How was the pace in the bunch today?

It was grand really. My Cateye showed 20.1 MPH. avg. for the A4 race. I checked out the route on: www.ridewithgps.com - thanks to Lumen on the Stamullen thread - there was 850 odd metres of climbing in the race. Mind you there was, as showry said, one very pedestrian section for 4/5 miles. Over all a tough race though

Advertisement