Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a1 in home ec

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I really want to get an a1 in home ec as I really enjoy the subject but I know they are very hard to get. I think my project will let me down as I just dont really know what I should be writing, I feel as though I am talking bull and that it will bring down my overall mark.
    Any tips for the project?fifth year btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I found the journal fairly easy. I mean, the first 2 pages is all investigation into the topic. The next one is the recipe and the what i ''will do'' section. With the next page being about the past, what you ''did''. We did the past section first, after cooking of course, then did the future tense one. Following page is all about the 'review' of it. There are specific headings for it, i think, and you should be fine with that.
    Jesus I'd love a A1, only got 60% in the mocks, truely sickened.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kellyr

home ec is a tough enough subject despite what everyone thinks. the journal is really good for getting marks. Fill up as much of the pages as possible, seriously, make your writing tiny. put in every detail, no matter how small. Thats what they love to see. use the internet for researching recipes etc. its a really good resource. For the written paper- Practice is key-.Give yourself a few hours- put a timer on your phone for the time of the exam- (i think its 3 hours cant remember!!) and do a paper. see how much you can do without the book- then open the book and correct it. the revision books available are good too for quick review. best of luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

http://homeeconomics.slss.ie/

follow the link above and click on the home economics matters magazine download at the bottom of the page there are some articles on some of the journal topics for this year.

Only tip for the journals is follow the headings in the assignments strictly and make sure you also read the guidelines given in the inside cover of the journal there are some more headings given there for each assignment- im sure your teacher has prob gone through them with you already. Fill in every line if you can but try not to waffle!

In exam answer only in point form - this will stop you waffling a makes it easier to see if youve given enough info for the amount of marks!

Focus your study on foods and nutrition and your elective!

Good luck!

Advertisement