Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I stand?

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all i got a house back in september for one year but did not sign a lease but signed the rent book! I am unable to stay in the accomodation as I have no job now! where do i stand??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭robd

Mickeyie05 wrote: »
    Hi all i got a house back in september for one year but did not sign a lease but signed the rent book! I am unable to stay in the accomodation as I have no job now! where do i stand??

If you didn't sign a lease then no fixed term should apply. You'd be governed by the rules of the Residential Tenancy Act. Check threshold at http://www.threshold.ie/page.asp?menu=70&page=240 This means you would be required to give 35 days notice in writing given you are there between 6 and 12 months.

Best to given Threshold a call and ask the specific question as advice on here can be contradictory and you obviously don't want to be in a position where you get caught out.

Advertisement