Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Data Problems

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I am currently using the €10 bill pay lite package with a €5 internet add on. On Thursday I noticed a few problems with connecting to the "Meteor Data" network.
    I had been able to connect to it around 9am that morning, but when I arrived into town (approx. 10am) I found that the connection was timing out. I do not have 3G on my phone, and I had a couple of bars of signal also. My phone didn't give any error messages either (I currently have the Nokia 5530). When I checked with a friend I found that their "Meteor Data" internet connection was working fine. I continued to check my connection until 4pm when I was able to ring Meteor and ask for help. I got told that there was no problem and theres nothing that they could do, but to pop into a meteor store and see if my sim card was dodgy. After hanging up from this phone call, I checked once more before heading to a store and "magically" it was working again.
    I have no other higher access points in this area then the "Meteor Data" option.
    Over the weekend I had no problem connecting to wifi and meteor data. However today I arrive into town and it refuses to connect AGAIN. It is terribly annoying as I am paying for a service that I am unable to use. Would anyone have any ideas about what the problem *may* be??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

This sounds like the common Meteor 3G issue.

There's lot of threads here about the problems with the Meteor network not being able to handle 3G data, and specifically losing network reception when switching over from 3G to 2G connections, causing the phone to show 'no network' for no reason.

It's very annoying, a frequent complaint of HTC Hero and HTC Legend users. Meteor have spent ages blaming SIM cards, handsets and the moon, but there's been no solution or even acknowledgement from them over the issue.

More info:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055866591

#

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Having lots of problems in Dublin city centre for last week. Complete service drops on both 2g and 3g ...and no such problems outside the city centre. Only started last week - was fine before that

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Thanks guys! I posted the same thread on the meteor forums on Monday and as of yet no official responces... :eek:
    Its a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Meteor: Glynn

Hi Sinemo,

Not sure what happened here but we can't see your post on the forum.

This problem with your data could be something simple like your network settings or maybe an issue with your sim or phone. I couldn't really comment without more detail. Could you maybe post again and we'll try get this sorted for you.

Thanks
    Glynn

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

Hi Sinemo,

Not sure what happened here but we can't see your post on the forum.

This problem with your data could be something simple like your network settings or maybe an issue with your sim or phone. I couldn't really comment without more detail. Could you maybe post again and we'll try get this sorted for you.

Thanks
    Glynn

Caitriona has replied to me this morning, the post can be found at http://url.ie/5ruc (the original post submitted on Monday)

• Advertisement
Advertisement