Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal Match Thread

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Do we have the balls to bounce back with a big performance and result to go with it. Big test of character for the players and an even bigger test for Harry and his team of experts.

Difficult team selection. I hope Hudd is fit, otherwsie we could struggle badly in midfield. Eidur could start in there too. Id go with Pav and JD up top. Hope Dawson is fit too, Kaboul will come in otherwise. The king will hardly start will he ?

One thing I really hope is that our fans make it an atmosphere to remember and really lift the team. I'd love to be going, so anyone that is, give it a bit extra for me.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Guardian reporting that Ledley is back for the game. Lennon is back training but not expected to play either tomorrow or against Chelsea on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Gonna be tough to pick them up after Sunday not mention the injury list! Apparently Niko is out.....Charlie played with an injection in his foot...
    Palacios out too, Harry will have to earn his salary on this one....

Crouch on the bench
    Dont play Defoe if he aint fit
    Luka and Hudd in the middle, Bale and Bentley on the wings....
    BAE full back with whoever else is fit!
    Roman and Eidur to score the goals!
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Of course we have what it takes to come back from our last match we should be at our most dangerous now after that if charlies out I think we could see BAE as right full with king in instead of palacios and see a more assured defense against arsenal and let's not forget they have plenty of players out too so no excuses now is the time for us to reclaim the NLD (Theoretically at least :p)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The other bad news is that Van Persie is back from injury. He scored twice against us in the last game, so he'll probably cause us trouble again, especially with our weakened defense.

I can't see us winning this tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Van Persie isn't back playing though (is he?), so I don't think we'll see him tomorrow night. If Hudd is out, we're in trouble. While they may be missing key players, they are still stronger in the middle than us and I feel if they are on form that we'll struggle.

I'm not optimistic anyway but you'd never know - it's been a strange season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we are going to not only bounce back and not only win but win well.

We have nothing to loose at this stage I think it will be 3-1 but we should have won by 5.

Need a big big game from someone, luka maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

word is that lennon is broken down again and fears an op now

king is to play from what ive read. even though CM is our issue, not CB

van persie to be on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

mickman wrote: »
    word is that lennon is broken down again and fears an op now

king is to play from what ive read. even though CM is our issue, not CB

van persie to be on the bench

Spurs aside I really feel for Lennon if its true - though no smoke without fire and all that.. Having the season of his life, into the England team in a WC year and then this. Tough but thats football I suppose.

he really could miss the world cup, he has been giving out abotu the physios already that they dont know what they are doing. if he misses world cup cos of them then he is off id sa

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

he really could miss the world cup, he has been giving out abotu the physios already that they dont know what they are doing. if he misses world cup cos of them then he is off id sa

Dont know the ins and outs but I really hope that doesnt happen, Lennon, Bale etc are the players we need to keep if we want to progress on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

i dont know how you lot think we "should" win this. im really hoping we do and we need this win just dont get your hopes high is all we seen what happened on sunday when people thought we should have been guaranteed a win. its still a strong arsenal team with one of there best players back in there squad against a highly weakend team:(

anybody know where this info on lennon is coming from? not on the spurs website or ssn... really hope its false info because he's something special:eek:

really hope im wrong here and we beat them well
    should be a close game but im going to go for a 2-1 spurs win maybe 2-2:)

COME ON YOU SPURS

Harry Redknapp is without key players for Wednesday night's huge North London derby at the Lane.

The manager has ruled out any possible return for both Aaron Lennon (groin) and Jermain Jenas (groin) while Niko Kranjcar joins the injury list after damaging his ankle against Portsmouth on Sunday.

Niko will undergo a scan later this week while Harry reported this morning (Tuesday) that Aaron felt sore after training on Monday.

Wilson Palacios also misses out as he's suspended for two matches after picking up a 10th yellow card in the FA Cup semi-final defeat at Wembley.

"We've a few injuries and we'll have to wait and see who is available," said Harry before training. "There might be an opportunity for one of the younger lads, that's in my mind at the moment. But we'll be okay, whoever plays."

Harry didn't completely rule out Ledley King, who has been out since February 14 with a thigh injury. "He hasn't trained this week, but he's coming out this morning to see how he is."

Younes Kaboul and Kyle Walker return to the fold after being cup-tied on Sunday.

our midfield will prob be

modric hudd kaboul bentley

we are in big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I think the team will be:

Gomes

Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, BAE
    Bentley, Modric, Hudd, Bale
    Pav, Defoe.

Walker plays if Corluka is injured. If Hudd is out then Kaboul comes in or Harry may play King there if fit.

We still have the players who can cause Arsenal lots of problems.
    COYS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

we could do with a bit more pace in the team, i think my prefered option is to have Bale in midfield running at them, but we are going to have to really battle in midfield in this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    we could do with a bit more pace in the team, i think my prefered option is to have Bale in midfield running at them, but we are going to have to really battle in midfield in this one

bale has to start in midfield with BAE taking over as left back.

dawson, hudd , defoe and king all ok for arse match thank god

lennon will train again 2morrow, wont make 2morrow night but should be ok for weekend

we will prob b

----gomes

corlua -- dawson - king -- ekotto

bentley -- modric -- hudd --bale

---- defoe -- pav

then again he may try king in the centre. lets hope not as he just wont have the pace. jenas is fit but says he is ill. rumours abound that he has sold his house and refuses to play for spurs again as he is off in the summer to italy

or its also possible that he will play kaboul in CM with hudd, modric on wing and bale at left back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

id start kaboul we need someone in the middle to rattle a few of them.modric is far better on the left with bale working off him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Really looking forward to this one, COYS.......

• Advertisement

u cant beat heading home after work, having the dinner and then spurs v arsenal live on the tv

is lennon going to be the new darren anderton with injury probs?

u cant beat heading home after work, having the dinner and then spurs v arsenal live on the tv

course you can. heading to the airport, flying to london and then going to WHL for Spurs v arsenal (really) live :D;)

trust you to deflate my evening :-(

trust you to deflate my evening :-(

only slagging ya! Off to the airport shortly....

COYS

enjoy. it will be an electric atmosphere tonight. one of the best in a long time id say. win 2nite and we will be raring to go on saturday evening, win then again and we are world beaters :-)

no, all jokes aside id take a draw tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Take the win tonight and a draw at the weekend .. Something tells me that Van Persie will come on and score .. just hope were 3 up by then !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I would love to be at this one. We have a chance. They have plenty of injuries and so do we. They have RVP back and we have King back. We are at home. We can beat anyone at the Lane. They also have a 36 year old, slow, overweight, centre half who Defoe should breeze past if we can get the ball to him. I really think if we can get over Sunday and Harry has the lads up for it we can win this one. Only 9 hours to go.
    COYS!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with the campbell story. i really think that our key to succcess lies there. if defoe can get the better of him then we have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

i agree with the campbell story. i really think that our key to succcess lies there. if defoe can get the better of him then we have a chance

.....and to get him red-carded would be really sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Best home in defence in the league. Fingers crossed as Villa had best defence in the Prem when they went to Stamford bridge !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement