Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal Match Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Every one of our players deserves a huge pat on the back after that performance, even Kaboul who was very good 2nd half.

But I fúcking love you Gomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I opened the thread by asking for something, and boy did I get it !

A massive performance from every one of them, fair play.

Im buzzing here....................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

They were all amazing, Kaboul played very well at right-back, was a bit worried about him there. Bale and Gomez were stand-out. And Rose's goal was an absolute blinder.

Would love to have seen that type of attitude away to Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

****in unreal !! gone from depression to elation in the space of a few days,only Spurs can do that to you, what a night and what a goal from Danny Rose.I was giving Dawson my MOTM until Gomes made those saves,Brilliant !:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

anyone see merson on sky last night , asked about the game he thought they'd role all over us tonight and he was bigtime disrespectful towards us , in all fairness are sky getting a grant for employing him?

Role on Chelski ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Padman

A good win but be serious guys..You more than likely will lose to Chelsea.

I hope you do win though because im a Utd fan and you would be doing us 2 favours in 1 week.

Still though,your chances of beating Chelsea are bleak.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Absolutely buzzin. Best i've seen spurs defend in a long long time. Back in the race for 4th and roll on saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

Padman wrote: »

I hope you do win though because im a Utd fan and you would be doing us 2 favours in 1 week.

get the fcuk out of here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,565 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Congrats, 100% deserved from what I saw.

Gomes was immense for those two saves from RVP and then one from Campbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

GO ON MY SON :D

I dont think I've been this happy in years :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 spursanmhi

:D:D:Dwhat a night.im in bits after that i kicked every ball.ledley wat a performance he brings such confidence with him.best performance since we beat woolwich in carling cup.

spursanmhi wrote: »
    get the fcuk out of here

I suggest you read the forum charter and bear it in mind the next time you respond to a non-Spurs fan posting here. There are plenty of Spurs-only sites you could post on, and I'm more than happy to help you on your way by banning you from here.

Cop the fúck on.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Congrats, 100% deserved from what I saw.

Gomes was immense for those two saves from RVP and then one from Campbell.

Laura, you get a pass cos you're a bird :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

YES!!!!!!!

That is all......:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fantastic win for us tonight. I was a bleak as the rest of you after the last two matches, but the team really showed what they can do tonight. Was a nervy finish, and Gomes was fantastic. ****ing love that man :P
    Padman wrote: »

I wont be as direct as someone else already was, but you probably would have said the exact same thing about this match before hand. I probably would (and probably did) have said the same thing about this match. But after this performance, anything is possible.

Laura, you get a pass cos you're a bird :D

Laura :D, post a pic, only messing ;)

Delighted, dont wanna go to bed, COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

great to see the players swamp gomes ....he deserves it
    The celbrations for the goal as well you'd swear he was born on bill nic way:D

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Is that the Bridge ?

No mate, think it's the Millenium Stadium in 2001 when we lost to Blackburn :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Amazing stuff. I was a bit down on them after Sunday but great result and performance with a weakened team. Goal of the Season by Danny Rose I reckon. I remember last time we beat them in the league we'd been knocked out of UEFA Cup the previous Thursday. Can't believe it's 10 and a half years ago.
    Bring on the Pensioners. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

No mate, think it's the Millenium Stadium in 2001 when we lost to Blackburn :o

Oops apols, thought I saw same pic a couple of years ago after a game against Chelski.

Running out of beer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Great win and a sweet one aswell. I hope we can go on and perform against United and Chelski

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Magic. It was my birthday and what a present. Nearly as good as the same date in 1991. Dawson, King and Gomes were immense. I thought we were lost without Palacios and I am so glad that my knowledge of football was shown up. Roll on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Happy birthday,

I have to say I have a feeling about this weekend.

You might get 7-1 on united to win the league and I think they could be worth €20 tbh.

There is no way we will ever do anything to them but loose away but I can see us actually taking Chelsea.

Also, Im going to make a point of how happy I am that liverpool god willing will be finishing 6th. Good enough for them, I'm hoping it's the begining of the end for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

When people say 'you could cut the atmosphere with a knife', I really don't think they fully understand it, until they've been to a game like I did tonight.

To say it was electric would be an understatement. Arsenal fans, as usual were fairly quiet (compared to other away fans). They only really got excited after they'd pulled one back. Us Spurs fans were just fcuking brilliant, never stopped backing the boys.

For my troubles I've a hoarse throat and due to the last ten mins, no finger nails left, however the voice and nails will come back but memory will never die.

Was it just me or did anyone else think the ref was being more harsh on the Spurs players as opposed to the 'Dark side'.

Fcuking great to see us take a lead against one of the 'sky four' and hold the lead and win. Well done you spurs boys and hold that spirit for chelsea.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Watched the game in 3d, couldn't do the whole 90 due to sweating so much towards the end - the glasses were foggin up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

RichMc70 wrote: »
    When people say 'you could cut the atmosphere with a knife', I really don't think they fully understand it, until they've been to a game like I did tonight.

To say it was electric would be an understatement. Arsenal fans, as usual were fairly quiet (compared to other away fans). They only really got excited after they'd pulled one back. Us Spurs fans were just fcuking brilliant, never stopped backing the boys.

For my troubles I've a hoarse throat and due to the last ten mins, no finger nails left, however the voice and nails will come back but memory will never die.

Was it just me or did anyone else think the ref was being more harsh on the Spurs players as opposed to the 'Dark side'.

Fcuking great to see us take a lead against one of the 'sky four' and hold the lead and win. Well done you spurs boys and hold that spirit for chelsea.

COYS
    I thought the ref done ok for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

tippspur wrote: »
    I thought the ref done ok for a change.

Without having having yet the benefit to watch the game on tv, it seemed to me that the ref was being slightly more harsh on us as opposed to the other lot. They seemed to benefit from a lot of 'soft' free's.

Would be interesting to see the stats at some stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement