Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal Match Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I thought the ref was ok, with the exception of a few challenges and Eboue's diving. What a match though! Like others, I was depressed after Sunday and didn't think the team would manage the pick themselves up but they really did, and Harry's tactics worked a treat. At times it was like we were the away team with so many people behind the ball.

Our passing was very sloppy at times, which contributed to Arsenal dominating the game in terms of possession, and in the midfield, but you can't say we didn't deserve the result. Gomes is an absolute legend after that - 3 world-class saves, within 5 minutes. I'm delighted he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

Bring on Chelsea! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

this was the best game i have ever been a spurs fan for, i have been following them 15 yrs. gomes was truly amazing but i think the credit has to go to ledley king , the man was just immense last night. out for two months and he comes back and plays the game of his life. he is just such a good footballer, he is as good with the ball at his feet as some of our midfielders. He truly has a god given talent and i for one think he should be offered a new contract

having said that they were all fantastic last night and as reckless said kaboul had a good second half (even though i dont think he is great)

modric also stepped up to the plate last night in CM. he played his heart out, put in great tackles and was very composed

all in all, a wonderful night. chelsea are a different animal though

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Brilliant. Have to give Arry credit on his game plan worked very well.

The players worked as hard as I have ever seen them and it showed. Gomes, King, Daws were top notch, Luka had a great game. Big Tom done a great job doing the dirty work Wilson normally does. Forwards worked hard and defended from the front. Great performance, great result. Still buzzing after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

What a game - totally over ran in the 1st half but some strike from Super Danny Rose .. - great to get the 2nd as I was sure the Gooners were going to score at some stage - thought Kabul in the 1st half gave away some amount of possesion but he had a decent 2nd half - Ledly & Dawson were super .. As for Gomez .. You are my hero - glad to see Van Persie only gettign 20 mins - he is different class .. overall super team performance - hope to god we can get a result on Sat and utd so us a favour !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I have a banging hangover but I feel great. What a game and what a win. We totally deserved it and actually looked like we could get a third goal.
    Gomes was given the MOTM but King and Dawson were superb also. How does King do it? He doesn't train all week and then puts in such a classy performance. Legend.

Lets forget about Chelsea and just enjoy the moment. I have been a Spurs fan for many many years and these moments don't come around too often. We beat Arsenal !!!!

• Advertisement

we havent beaten them since november 99, thats a long time. we beat chelsea at the lane last season and we are a better team this year. our big problem is that king prob wont play as he played last night even though he showed no fatigue or wasnt hobbling or anything. as harry said it was hard to leave out bassong but ledley is a special player

did you see what tevez said yesterday in an interview, he said dawson was the hardest defender he has ever played against

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

i wonder if he's still singing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--CdA8IhE6Q

also meant to mention ekotto who i have been slagging off recently. he was fantastic last night, walcott didnt get a shoe in and there is no better player in the premiership to shepherd out the ball over the line than ekotto. back to his best

look at this rubbish report from sky

Almunia punched away a poorly taken corner but unfortunately 30-yards out Rose was waiting and he unleashed an instinctive left-foot punt into the box which took a wicked deflection beyond the Arsenal keeper” - there was no deflection

“Despite creating chance after chance Arsenal couldn't find a way past the well organised Spurs defence” - they didn’t have one shot on target until van persie came on

“Calamity Spurs keeper Gomes” - is this a joke?

“The keeper followed this world class save with 2 slightly jammy stops” - another joke???

“The goal silenced the already quiet home supporters” -- were they not at the match?

“Walcott's introduction in the 2nd half sparked life into the Gunners and he gave the Spurs left back a torrid time for the remainder of the game by jinking in and out at will, but his brilliance was not enough.” -- he rarely got past ekotto , maybe once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

mickman wrote: »
    look at this rubbish report from sky

The word "unfortunately" in the first sentence would imply that that was written by a sad, bitter Arse fan.......journalists are meant to deal in facts.

That said, the Sky Sports website has a proper, factual report.
    Arsenal's early promise ended, however, when debutant Rose smashed home his contender for goal of the season.

Manuel Almunia punched a corner out of the box but it fell to Rose, whose thunderbolt return screamed over Almunia's head, with the Spanish keeper having only just regained his footing.
    Man of the match: Gomes - made three world-class saved in the space of three minutes.

Moment of the match: Rose's opener - one of the goals of the season.

Attempt of the match: Van Persie's volley which was kept out by Gomes

Save of the match: Gomes keeping out Robin Van Persie's curing free-kick late on

Talking point: The return of Robin Van Persie looks to be too late for Arsenal

Goal of the game: Rose's sensational 25-yard volley

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3263098,00.html

Where did you see the blinkered biased version ?

• Advertisement

sorry. some muppet posted it on another forum and said it was from sky

then at the very end said he was only making it up

i will now retire to be at one with my humility :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Dawson was immense last night. Probably Spurs most consistent performer all season. He will be the target of all the usual suspects this summer. Don't think he will go though - this Spurs side are going places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

mickman wrote: »
    i will now retire to be at one with my humility :-)

While you're there, tell Wenger we were asking for him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

how can matty upson get a game for england while dawson is constantly overlooked...it amazes me...the man loves a tacle doesnt he?...seriously though surely he should be a england squad regular

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Dawson was immense last night. Probably Spurs most consistent performer all season. He will be the target of all the usual suspects this summer. Don't think he will go though - this Spurs side are going places.

New Gary Mabbutt maybe? I can see him at Spurs for a long time to come and will surely be captain one day. He deserves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

kakee wrote: »
    New Gary Mabbutt maybe? I can see him at Spurs for a long time to come and will surely be captain one day. He deserves it

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Wish they could bottle the energy and stamina that Bale has ..... would love some of that myself ..

Fantastic win and about time we got another one over them and fully deserved too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kakee viewpost.gif

Eh?

Sorry I meant England captain. He has been the best English centre half by a mile this season. He puts his heart and soul into every game. A real leader and by all accounts a decent lad as well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

BERBA wrote: »
    anyone see merson on sky last night , asked about the game he thought they'd role all over us tonight and he was bigtime disrespectful towards us , in all fairness are sky getting a grant for employing him?

Role on Chelski ....

You say Merson, I raise with Redknapp (the younger of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Wipe your eyes and your runny nose
    It's only a thunderbolt from Danny Rose
    Under the weather and looking a bit pale
    up pops another from Gareth Bale.

Yid army Yid army Yid army.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Anyone else hear Andy Grey try to make out that Defoes excellent pass for Bales goal wasen't meant for bale ? he's some ape.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I mean this:

If you are want to post here read the forum rules. Any abuse of other posters and I'll be giving you a break from here.

I am sick of trying to defend the existence of this forum, so the more you people insult other posters the more you put this forum at risk.

It's no skin off my nose if this is closed, I know my way around, have plenty of options for sorting tickets etc, so you are only putting your own resource at risk.

Please heed this warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement