Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Reality!

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

So I'm home nearly 2 months from what was and will probably be the best year of my life travelling around Asia and Australia. Met some really awesome people and saw some amazing places! But I'm finding it hard to settle back into my old life, and a bit sad to see that not much has changed in a year except for maybe myself! I went away on my own and it's a bit crap not having people around to reminisce about the good times with! My friends only care up to a certain point about my Oz stories!! Obviously I would like to go travelling again but having no job and money are putting those plans on halt for a while!

I'm interested to hear from others who are/were in the same situation as me and how they adjusted back to life in Ireland! Words of wisdom anyone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Its hard setteling back in alright but try not to go on to your friends about how amazing it was and how much it changed you because I remember people doing that to me and it was annoying.

You could always get involved in the couch-surfing community as a host or just go along to the events that they organized in your area (or organize some yourself). That way you will still be meeting the same kind of people as you did when you where traveling and although you are home still feel connected to the traveling lifestyle and make some friends who you can visit if the bug ever bites again.

Also just remember how easy it is to visit places in Europe with the cheap airlines flying from Ireland. I know when I get home that is one thing I will really take a lot more advantage of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

ThatGal wrote: »

I'm interested to hear from others who are/were in the same situation as me and how they adjusted back to life in Ireland! Words of wisdom anyone??

Never did eventually I had to return. Best of luck with settling back.

yes and be carefull of the Oz stories...they do get on people nerves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ThatGal

Doc wrote: »
    Its hard setteling back in alright but try not to go on to your friends about how amazing it was and how much it changed you because I remember people doing that to me and it was annoying.

You could always get involved in the couch-surfing community as a host or just go along to the events that they organized in your area (or organize some yourself). That way you will still be meeting the same kind of people as you did when you where traveling and although you are home still feel connected to the traveling lifestyle and make some friends who you can visit if the bug ever bites again.

Also just remember how easy it is to visit places in Europe with the cheap airlines flying from Ireland. I know when I get home that is one thing I will really take a lot more advantage of!

great advice! cheers!

i was thinking about it and someone needs to set up some sort of support group where we can all go in our board shorts/bikinis and havanias, stand around a barbeque drinking VB and reminisce :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

ThatGal wrote: »
    great advice! cheers!

i was thinking about it and someone needs to set up some sort of support group where we can all go in our board shorts/bikinis and havanias, stand around a barbeque drinking VB and reminisce :p

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/downunder.html

Enjoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Zambia232 wrote: »

That place has been closed for a long time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement