Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuits for Dogs??

Options
  • 12-04-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

This is going to sound crazy:confused: but I'm serious.

Does anyone know if its possible to get a wetsuit for a dog? As in it needs to cover body, legs and be completely waterproof.

Following on from my thread 'My Dog has Arthritis', I was swimming her last summer when the water in a nearby stream heated up and it did wonders for her.

Unfortunately swimming her now isn't possible because the water's too cold and it causes her severe pain in her joints:(.

I've goggled it but there's very little coming up and not what I need specifically.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has heard of anything I'd be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Tootle

meow wrote: »
    This is going to sound crazy:confused: but I'm serious.

Does anyone know if its possible to get a wetsuit for a dog? As in it needs to cover body, legs and be completely waterproof.

Following on from my thread 'My Dog has Arthritis', I was swimming her last summer when the water in a nearby stream heated up and it did wonders for her.

Unfortunately swimming her now isn't possible because the water's too cold and it causes her severe pain in her joints:(.

I've goggled it but there's very little coming up and not what I need specifically.

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has heard of anything I'd be very grateful.

Wetsuits aren't waterproof :confused:. But you are correct water therapy is great for adults with arthritis so why not for dogs :rolleyes:. What about a bath. I know its not swimming and doesn't have the same space obviously but the actual heat with sooth the joints.
    This is transfer of knowledge. This is the kind of thing I recommend to humans but I see no reason why it wouldn't apply to dogs.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

wetsuits aren't waterproof as Tootle pointed out, what happens is they trap water inside the neoprene which is then heated by the body, drysuits are waterproof - the weather is turning warm at the moment, so hopefully the stream will warm - in the mean time i'll have a search for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭meow

Del88

Thanks for the links, I've had a quick look but will take more time to check them out when I'm off for weekend.
    Tootle

thanks for that. I obviously need something waterproof then.
    What about a bath. I know its not swimming and doesn't have the same space obviously but the actual heat with sooth the joints.

Ya, we took out our bath some years ago to put in a bigger shower but I have tried her in my sisters bath and she got really panicked. I put heat packs on her legs tho, so same principle, maybe??
    PaulB91

Advertisement