Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about switching from Eircom to UPC

• 12-04-2010 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi

I'm thinking of switching from Eircom Broadband/Phone to UPC. Eircom changed their package in December. Would I be right in thinking that they can't take that as the start of a new 12 month package?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What do you mean by eircom changed their package, did you change the package you were on?
    or did they just upgrade the speeds automatically on the package you were already on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭The Oggmonster

I didn't change or ask to be changed from the package I was on. But Eircom changed the amount of free Meteor calls and slightly increased the price.

But surely because they changed it, it doesn't constitute a new contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,448 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They can change prices but if your original contract is up you can leave at any time.
    My contract is currently expired and while I'm still paying Eircom each month I'm refusing to sign upto any packages which tie me into a contract until they get their broadband issues sorted.
    So I was on the 7.6meg package with free calls and free meteor calls for €64.99 or something like that.
    Eircom had to change their bundles (thanks to comreg fúkheads) and the free meteor calls dropped to 30 mins.
    So Eircom had to offer new packages to their customers..one was the default package which meant your package went up by a few euro but your contract did not change.
    If you took the cheaper option then you've signed yourself into a new contract.

Advertisement