Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch to Vodafone

• 12-04-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Am considering switching from Eircom to Vodafone for their 7mb or 24mb package as it seems to be a good bit cheaper. Has anyone done this? How did the changeover go - was it smooth/easy?
    Also does anyone know if I changeover from Eircom will I lose the email address I have with them?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You might find some clues on the Vodafone forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

I was migrated from BT to Vodafone back in January, and it's been a complete pain in the butt.

EDIT: You get to keep your email address no matter which provider you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your off your head if you leave Eircom for Vodafone, I'm currently in the process of moving back to Eircom from Vodafone, I've never had such problems with my broadband and Vodafone support Is rubbish, don't do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Moved from Eircom to Vodafone and had no problems whatsoever. Our bill has pretty much halved monthly as well.

Vyse wrote: »
    Moved from Eircom to Vodafone and had no problems whatsoever. Our bill has pretty much halved monthly as well.

My issues with Vodafone are the lousy broadband service (that isn't a patch on BT's) and that trying to communicate with them on that problem is like talking to the wall. They've been screwing me around for the last 4 months.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PoolBall

I have also moved to Vodafone about 2 months ago, everything went smoothly and is still going smoothly for me. I have read on various forums about people having alot of issues with speed, especially drops in speed in the evenings, personally I have not experienced that. Can't comment on customer service as I never had to deal with them.

• Advertisement

PoolBall wrote: »
    I have also moved to Vodafone about 2 months ago, everything went smoothly and is still going smoothly for me. I have read on various forums about people having alot of issues with speed, especially drops in speed in the evenings, personally I have not experienced that. Can't comment on customer service as I never had to deal with them.

I was getting 3mb downloads with BT with no problems whatsoever, but those Vodafone smartarses have got me on 2mb because they say that my line can't handle any more than that. They haven't bothered their arses looking for a reason. I get the impression that they're not up to the job, and should stick to mobiles.

I hope that you never need to use their customer service.

Needless to say, I'm mad.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Thanks for all the opinions. Looks like I'll have to have a strong think about it. Love my internet ... couldn't bear it if it wasn't reliable!!!
    Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I was switched from bt to VF and it was seamless. I then asked for the upgrade and it was flawless too.

Advertisement