Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with Boards.ie

• 12-04-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi guys any help greatly appreciated, for some reason each time i log on to boards.ie the "internet explorer cannot display thie page" error comes up. It always takes two or three attempts to get the page up.
    This also happens when i click on a link in the post eg. pics of links to youtube etc. no matter where they are hosted. Boards is the only website this happens with. Any ideas?? Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Download Chrome. It's a far superior browser imo.
    You could try clearing your browser's cache to see if that does the trick. Internet explorer is just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Does it give any more information? Sounds like it might be a DNS issue at first guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Download Chrome. It's a far superior browser imo.
    You could try clearing your browser's cache to see if that does the trick. Internet explorer is just awful.

Really? Rather than try and address the issue at hand, you just tell him to use something else? If you have an issue with Chrome, the same could be said of another browser. Doesn't actually solve the issue though.

To the OP, first off, check if it also happens in other browsers (Chrome is quite good, as already suggested). If not, try clearing the data in IE (which IE by the way?). You can also go to Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Reset to completely reset IE. It'll put it back to factory settings, which will remove IE as a possible problem.

If it still continues, or also occurs in Chrome, then it may well be a DNS error.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

Thanks for the replies guys, I wouldnt be the most technical minded person. I have no idea what DNS means? Im using IE 8 if that makes any difference,ill try the resest to rule out problems with it. Ill give it a shot later. Thanks again for the replies, greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

zodac wrote: »
    Really? Rather than try and address the issue at hand, you just tell him to use something else? If you have an issue with Chrome, the same could be said of another browser. Doesn't actually solve the issue though.

Well i suggested chrome, because i really despise IE, but testing another browser would also narrow things down a bit, as has been suggested. If it doesn't work in chrome then we know the problem is elsewhere. If it does then we know it's IE that's at fault.
    I was just taking it one step at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i had sorta the same problem with links in IE8. whenever i clicked on a link, it opened in a new tab, but it wouldn't load, just appeared as a blank tab. this happening to you, OP?

yes thats exactly it whiteman, but it seems to only happen when i try to go onto boards.ie. its pretty much ok for any other sites,still waiting to download chrome to rule that out!thanks again for the replies and ill be sure to keep ye posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

look at this thread. i posted that problem up on boards.ie but the solution never worked. so just moved to firefox. never looked back. i didn't bother with chrome cos i don't like google using my browsing history to give me better ads that i don't want.

Problem solved. I dont know why but for some reason having boards.ie as a favourite website seemed to be the cause. Have removed it from favourites just on a whim and no problems to report so far. Again thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement