Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 115 - Liddell vs Franklin confirmed

• 12-04-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭

UFC newsletter just sent out confirming the fight

Full fight card
    Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin

Mirko Cro Cop vs Pat Barry

Paulo Thiago vs Martin Kampmann

Carlos Condit vs Rory MacDonald

Tyson Griffin vs Evan Dunham

Mac Danzig vs Matt Wiman

Ben Rothwell vs Gilbert Yvel

James Wilks vs Peter Sobotta

Ricardo Funch vs Claude Patrick

Mike Pyle vs Jesse Lennox
    UFC115_PRESALEBLAST_CANADA.JPG

Now just to find out what happened to Tito

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Spoiler I guess but I dont know for certion
    but wasnt a problem with the discs in his neck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭cletus

Dana was saying that Tito and Chuck was the main event as lately as the 7th of April

cletus wrote: »
    Dana was saying that Tito and Chuck was the main event as lately as the 7th of April

Publicly yes, privately no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

I thought the 'Fitch v Alves' fight was supposed to be on this card? huh :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

baz123 wrote: »
    I thought the 'Fitch v Alves' fight was supposed to be on this card? huh :cool:

Still might, Alves is still awaiting medical clearance after his scare at UFC 111. If he gets cleared the fight could still happen and Tyson Griffin vs Evan Dunham would drop to the prelims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

World's worst kept secret!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

That's a seriously weak card, no? First UFC in a long while that I would have no interest in watching.

pierrot wrote: »
    That's a seriously weak card, no? First UFC in a long while that I would have no interest in watching.

UFC seem to think the main event will carry it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Some times these turn out to be the best cards, Bj and Silva on the same card looked amazing and turned out to be a very very mediocre at best event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭cletus

rovert wrote: »
    Publicly yes, privately no

It was more to do with dana's ability to turn on a dime and expect people to forget what he said yesterday, cause he said something new today

• Advertisement

Haven't missed one since Ortiz Tanner at 30 but this one looks boring.
    Rich is comin in with two losses and a dodgy decision, Chuck with a couple of losses. Neither are gonna challenge at any weight, whats the point?
    That said, Chuck v Vander is one of the best of all time, so could be a classic. Doubt too many will pay for it PPV though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Haven't missed one since Ortiz Tanner at 30 but this one looks boring.
    Rich is comin in with two losses and a dodgy decision, Chuck with a couple of losses. Neither are gonna challenge at any weight, whats the point?
    That said, Chuck v Vander is one of the best of all time, so could be a classic. Doubt too many will pay for it PPV though.
    You can say that about well over half of the entire roster.I dont expect them to be challenging anytime soon but they do both put up good fights which is what im looking forward to. I guarantee it'll get plenty of PPV buys on name recognition alone

Well at least there will be no dancing :pac:

Well at least there will be no dancing :pac:

Wouldnt rule it out in fairness
    17_chuck_liddell.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dana aid on his twitter that it sold out in 30 mins anyway (probably down to loaction more then anything.Damn canadians)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

looks weak alright, only interested in seeing the kampmann v thiago and the main fight tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭onlyasuggestion

i really wanna see Evan Dunham again. Reckon he's looking like a proper prospect, was really impressed in his last two fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Dana aid on his twitter that it sold out in 30 mins anyway (probably down to loaction more then anything.Damn canadians)

They could put Roy Nelson v Kimbo as a main event and the Canadians would still sell the place out, just goes to show that there nut hugging knows no bounds :rolleyes::rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    They could put Roy Nelson v Kimbo as a main event and the Canadians would still sell the place out, just goes to show that there nut hugging knows no bounds :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nelson v Kimbo would ****ing roole that is why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭flynny51

I think Carlos Condit is one of the most exciting fighters in the business. I'll tune in just to see his fight.

If anyone hasn't seen it, check out Condit V Ellenberger, think it was fight night 19. It's in my top 5 fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

rovert wrote: »
    Nelson v Kimbo would ****ing roole that is why

I guess you didn't see there first meeting then :rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    I guess you didn't see there first meeting then :rolleyes:

Genuinely forgot, there you go I guess.

Advertisement