Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marina and the Diamonds

Options
  • 12-04-2010 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

What do people think of her.
    Hollywood is a very catchy pop song.
    Admittedly the america-bashing cliche is a bit tired but the sound is refreshingly different to the usual pop stuff- and she can sing.
    Apart from that, Christ she's hot. :o:p

Opinions- a poppier Florence and the machine, maybe? :)

Edit: Here's "hollywood"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

tech77 wrote: »
    What do people think of her.
    Hollywood is a very catchy pop song.
    Admittedly the america-bashing cliche is a bit tired but the sound is refreshingly different to the usual pop stuff- and she can sing.
    Apart from that, Christ she's hot. :o:p

Opinions- a poppier Florence and the machine, maybe? :)
    Ah she's great. I can understand how some people would find her voice annoying but I think it has a certain charm. Albums pretty decent with about seven or eight good pop songs on it.

'"I am not a robot" is one of my favourite songs of all time and thats saying something as I was born ages ago! Think she's re-releasing it next month so it'll probably be all over the radio pretty soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Pighead wrote: »
    Ah she's great. I can understand how some people would find her voice annoying but I think it has a certain charm. Albums pretty decent with about seven or eight good pop songs on it.

'"I am not a robot" is one of my favourite songs of all time and thats saying something as I was born ages ago! Think she's re-releasing it next month so it'll probably be all over the radio pretty soon.

Just clicked on the lovely song link in your sig out of curiosity.
    Must say your one (Lykke Li) has a compelling voice.
    Intriguing sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Pighead wrote: »

Yeah, just listening to it there and it's a real grower.
    The lyrics are quite poignant.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Love the songs i've heard, any other opinions on the full album??
    Doesn't hurt that she's easy on the eye too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

New single I am not a robot not as immediate as "Hollywood" but think on reflection its the better song. Btw some woman on Phantom bitching about marinas outift on Joolz last night. Amazing how some people go on sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I think Hollywood is an outstanding song, just about the best pop song I've heard this year. Made all the more impressive, for me anyway, by the fact that she wrote it herself, without some producer helping her out.

I don't get the comparisons to Florence tbh. I don't like her sound (wailing) at all.

In short, Hollywood is a cracking song, I must give more of her stuff a listen.

Advertisement