Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless

• 12-04-2010 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

I am considering Digiweb Home Wireless Broadband - the 5Mb one for 35e a month.
    Does anyone recommend it or similar (not less than 1Mb) alternatives for that price or less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

I am considering Digiweb Home Wireless Broadband - the 5Mb one for 35e a month.
    Does anyone recommend it or similar (not less than 1Mb) alternatives for that price or less?

If you plan on using it for online gaming stay well clear of them, they use the same exchange as eircom so you are sharing your bandwidth with other users. It's all lag lag lag every evening and you tube is very slow.
    If you want it for just browsing the web and free landline calls in ireland then it might suit you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

Thanks. I would do quite a bit of streaming.
    What about the Irish Broadband wireless given here
    http://www.irishbroadband.ie/homeusers/intermediate.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

If you plan on using it for online gaming stay well clear of them, they use the same exchange as eircom so you are sharing your bandwidth with other users. It's all lag lag lag every evening and you tube is very slow.
    If you want it for just browsing the web and free landline calls in ireland then it might suit you.

In this case they don't - its WIRELESS - they use their own infrasturcture for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Wrong - Metro uses radio waves, not copper phone lines, totally independent of Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Digiweb wireless is pretty good for online gaming. The only trouble is the VERY low usage allowance,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I use digiweb too. No problems at all even for gaming.

Just ring them and find out if the signal quality will be good because you will be using it for gaming so you need really good latency in the evening.

After being kicked onto Vodafone from BT, I changed after 3 months of pathetic excuses from Vodafone about the problems they are having.

Advertisement