Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to start running again...GO!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Lol! Between your 2 threads and my two threads and posting in other threads its like we're having six different conversations at the same time! :)

I always head off somewhere far far away. Just trying to get this wanderlust out of my system......but its not working!!! We'll be traveling around Japan for two weeks mostly by train.

I see you're coming up to Dublin this weekend....I'd love to see you to thank you face to face for all your encouragement over the last few months. However, I'm really bogged down trying to finish up a work project before I go away so I don't want to make any plans. But I hope you you will have a wonderful time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

dolliemix wrote: »
    I see you're coming up to Dublin this weekend....I'd love to see you to thank you face to face for all your encouragement over the last few months. However, I'm really bogged down trying to finish up a work project before I go away so I don't want to make any plans. But I hope you you will have a wonderful time! :)

Aww hun, thank you for that-its totally mutual! I might not have kept going at the C25K if it wasn't for you and your encouragement! (And seeing you complete it was a big motivation for me to follow!) Won't be up in Dublin till next weekend but you'll be away by then will you? We'll definitely have to meet up sometime, when you're back from hols. Would love to meet you too! :D xx

Friday 2nd July
    W3D2 2 mile jog in 23:03:51 with ~23 mins walk (warm up and down)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

sorry this is a bit late on but where did you get podcast from?

sorry this is a bit late on but where did you get podcast from?

Hehe love the name :p No need to be sorry, got the Couch to 5K podcast from runningintoshape.com, the music is really pop/chart stuff but I didn't mind too much. If you search for C25K on itunes there's loads of different free podcasts-some with music, some without and some you can add your own music to (but i think those ones you have to pay for)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

Brilliant thanks a mill. Ive heard a few people talking about the concept so I am keen to give it a go. Thanks for the help.. keep up the good work :D

Brilliant thanks a mill. Ive heard a few people talking about the concept so I am keen to give it a go. Thanks for the help.. keep up the good work :D

Thanks MD, have a look at the C25K thread in the Food Diary section, its great for a bit of support and encouragement while doing the program :D

Saturday 3rd July
    1 hour walk

Week 3 Hal Higdon Novice 10K

Plan
    Monday | Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
    Stretch & Strength|2.5m|35min cross|2m + strength|rest|50 min cross|4 m|

Actual
    rest|rest|2.5m jog|35 min walk|2 mile jog + 20min walk|1 hour walk|

Saturday 3rd July
    1 hour walk

Week 3 Hal Higdon Novice 10K

Plan

Actual
    rest|rest|2.5m jog|35 min walk|2 mile jog + 20min walk|1 hour walk|

Thats good. :) Are you going for the 4 mile tomorrow?

dolliemix wrote: »
    Thats good. :) Are you going for the 4 mile tomorrow?

Hopefully! Not going to push myself too much though, if I can't do it then I'll just aim for the 3miles (week 1) and start into week 2 next week.

• Advertisement

Sunday 4th July
    Aim 4 mile jog
    Actual: 3.91 miles in 45:04.73 + ~20 mins walk (warm up and down)

So.. Week 3 of HH 10K novice completed :D.....eventually!
    Plan

Actual
    rest|rest|2.5m jog|35 min walk|2 mile jog|1 hour walk|3.91 mile jog|

Week 4 of HH 10K novice, pretty much the same as week 3.

Plan
    Stretch & Strength|3m|35min cross|2m + strength|rest|50 min cross|4 m|

Will have to move things around a bit again as I'll be home for a few days and will be away this weekend too.

Actual
    Rest|3m jog|2m jog/walk|4m jog|1 hour walk|rest|rest|

Looks a bit messy and doing 3 jogs in a row is not really what I should be doing! Might leave out the 2mile in the middle.

Week 4 of HH 10K novice, pretty much the same as week 3.

Plan
    Stretch & Strength|3m|35min cross|2m + strength|rest|50 min cross|4 m|

Will have to move things around a bit again as I'll be home for a few days and will be away this weekend too.

Actual
    Rest|3m jog|2m jog/walk|4m jog|1 hour walk|rest|rest|

Looks a bit messy and doing 3 jogs in a row is not really what I should be doing! Might leave out the 2mile in the middle.

Thats a lot of milage three days in a row alright! Maybe do a short walk and some stretching on the Wednesday. You want to reserve the energy for the 4 miler. Getting the 4 mile done is the priority! Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭newsizedbooty

brainey there is another sale of running gear in lidl from next monday (12th) in case you need more gear for all the above. well done miss.

I actually bought myself some niky drifit stuff and i like it but i really cant understand why there isnt little pockets in running gear i mean you would think its a natural thing.:rolleyes:

July 6th 2010
    W4D2 HH 10K
    45 min walk (mostly uphill)

Rest|45 min walk|45 min walk|4 mile jog|Walk|rest|2m jog|

K i think this is what I will do, went for a walk this morning instead of the planned jog but might go later if I can. Might have to leave the 2 mile out this week, depending on tiredness from the weekend! :D:D;)

brainey there is another sale of running gear in lidl from next monday (12th) in case you need more gear for all the above. well done miss.

I actually bought myself some niky drifit stuff and i like it but i really cant understand why there isnt little pockets in running gear i mean you would think its a natural thing.:rolleyes:

Cool thanks hun. I'm grand at the moment with the gear I have, I've pockets in my jacket, is there none in yours??

Wednesday July 7th
    45 min walk (mostly uphill)

Thursday July 8th
    Rest day??

Rest|45 min walk|45 min walk|Rest/yoga|Walk|rest|rest?|

My left ankle has been quite sore this week. I think it was from the long jog on Sunday, I did the jog and then had a full day of work afterwards. Have learned my lesson! Haven't been able to go for any jogs this week because of it, will get back into the programme next week hopefully. Its already a bit better than it was yesterday so hoping it won't be too bad for my weekend in Dublin!

Advertisement