Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Player (1tb or thereabouts)

Options
  • 12-04-2010 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

Not sure whether to go for a single unit or a media player and seperate 1TB harddrive, from looking around Iomega seems to decent enough price for 1TB media player (around €125).
    There was an ibood last week with a netgear player with youtube support etc, was also considering that with a seperate 1tb harddrive.

Any recommendations, or anyone spot anything on special or well priced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Like political careers, all hard drives end in failure.

I recently got a WD HD TV player and a separate 1TB drive from Aldi (€70 + €80). The player has a spare USB slot, so when I fill the Aldi drive I can add another. There are cheaper players (like the Sumvision Cyclone) but tbh the variety of formats supported and the speed of loading/nifty interface on the WD player are worth the extra few quid IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

http://www.eason.ie/look/5390800097801/So-Speaky-1Tb-Multimedia-Hdmi-Hard-Drive

Got my brother one of these in Reads on Nassau St about 5 months ago had no problems since. Guy behind the counter told me it has a 2 year guarantee and if there was ever any problems they would replace it no bother and even transfer data on to the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mccarrd2

thats the one Mo has NM. He's happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

get something that can play mkv files something like the wd live,asus o! play,extremer,play on!hd

Advertisement