Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Anyone know any pubs which will be showing the games tonight??

I would have thought Slatterys but thats in soccerball territory for tonight, so maybe Ho Show?

Anywhere in town I wonder?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I know Kielys deffo have it on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Was thinking Mary Mac's or Crowes maybe? Equally need somewhere near ringsend/d4 to go for the match.

cans in mine if you're game. I'm back in Ireland...*

*If anyone shows up, the guards will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I know Kielys deffo have it on

Holdin you to that so .. better then streaming. Who would have guessed mr minister that we miss setanta having the rights to actually show the game :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭vinny chase

Anyone else having problems with BBC Wales? I've tried a couple of times today to get it to check the time for the match tonight and keep getting the message saying: "There is a technical fault with this channel Please try later"

Having no problem with the other regional BBC channels, just predictably the one I want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Anyone else having problems with BBC Wales? I've tried a couple of times today to get it to check the time for the match tonight and keep getting the message saying: "There is a technical fault with this channel Please try later"

Having no problem with the other regional BBC channels, just predictably the one I want!

You need to tune it in again, the frequency changed I think.

danthefan wrote: »
    You need to tune it in again, the frequency changed I think.

Cool, thanks very much. I'll give it a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Niall Morris is on the bench for Leicester this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Just tuned it in there a min ago, working grand, you should retune it in, sometimes bbc changes the number used and they did the same with cebebes and cbbc nearly had a riot one morning here technical fault came up and had to retune it in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

I f*cking hate Magnet.

Anyone know of a stream?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Try Ospreys, should have been a forward pass.
    Great try though.

gcgirl wrote: »
    Just tuned it in there a min ago, working grand, you should retune it in, sometimes bbc changes the number used and they did the same with cebebes and cbbc nearly had a riot one morning here technical fault came up and had to retune it in.

Thanks, got it sorted earlier. Had it already stored in the Other Channels section, but obviously they'd changed the frequency since then.

Blatant forward pass from Fussell in the lead up to that try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Well that was hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Dissappointed with the result. I only saw the match on a stream online so I will leave comment on performance. I will watch it later when it is on setanta tonight.

No matter how the performance actually wen I will trust that things will improve. It was an away match to a big team missing 14 player to the world cup and a number of injuries on top of that and a new signing who hasn't arrived yet.

There is 5 more Leinster matches while our WC players are away, Dragons, Warriors, Aironi and Connacht at home and Scarlets away. None of those games are games to fear to the same level that Ospreys was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

... I will watch it later when it is on setanta tonight...

Wouldn't recommend that... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

on rte2 now

Dissappointed with the result. I only saw the match on a stream online so I will leave comment on performance. I will watch it later when it is on setanta tonight.

No matter how the performance actually wen I will trust that things will improve. It was an away match to a big team missing 14 player to the world cup and a number of injuries on top of that and a new signing who hasn't arrived yet.

There is 5 more Leinster matches while our WC players are away, Dragons, Warriors, Aironi and Connacht at home and Scarlets away. None of those games are games to fear to the same level that Ospreys was.

Dead right. 14 players on international duty, 5 players out injured, 5 players making their first start for the team. We were never going to win it. I wouldn't read anything into tonight. A few weeks and a bit more cohesion and we'll be a different side. You can't underestimate how much losing your two first choice No. 8s, your two first choice scrum halves, your outhalf and your three first choice centres hurts the team. It tears the spine out of the side. The guys there are going to need a little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

On the plus side, if we play ****e for the first few weeks, like last year, our odds on the tournaments should drift a bit!

• Advertisement

Would you start Madigan or Berquist next week?
    Madigan looked sharp when he came on, but he had the benefit of being fresh off the bench. Plus, his kicking game is well below the standard of Berquist's.

If Horgan or Conway are fit for next week, who would you start them ahead of, or would you start them?
    I personally think Kearney was better than Carr today, and if either Conway or Horgan are fit, I'd move Kearney to 11 and start one of them.

Would you go with the same back-row?
    Ruddock doesn't look comfortable at 8 to me, but it seems harsh to drop him or KvM. I guess I'd stick with the same back-row.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

We have three home games now, we should be ok.

I think take captaincy off ruddock, he has enough to worry about.we'll warm up. An awful lot of basic stupid errors and turnovers tonight . We'll iron them out. We were never gonna win.

durkadurka wrote: »
    We have three home games now, we should be ok.

I think take captaincy off ruddock, he has enough to worry about.we'll warm up. An awful lot of basic stupid errors and turnovers tonight . We'll iron them out. We were never gonna win.

Who would take captaincy though? The only other person that it would really suit is Nacewa, or maybe perhaps possibly KvM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Would take the captaincy off Ruddock myself - not because of his performance but he's just not up to it yet. I didn't see him once mention to the ref about Ospreys going straight off their feet over Leinster ball or getting into offside positions, blocking the ruck from approaching players.

It's hard to know who to give captaincy to, probably Nacewa for me. Let Ruddock be pack leader without pressure of team captain.

I'd be very tempted to move McLoughlin into the second row and let him call the lineout, which frees up 6 for Ruddock and 8 for Auva'a. Very worried about Toner's performances. He rarely plays well (when he does, he's great) with the game against Saracens in Wembley last year being probably the last time he played well. His height seems to be more of a hindrance than anything as well, as he's (perhaps) too heavy to get into the air and never seems to dominate in the lineout like I'd expect.

Was very impressed with Fitz at centre, though perhaps defensively not there yet - Ospreys centre's got a lot of ground, I'd have to look back to see if Fitz/O'Malley/someone else was at fault as I'm purely speculating right now. Would start him there again.

Willis was a saviour in the second half. Much better performance than young Cooney, who will no doubt have learned a lot from that first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is Willis just on a short term deal? He did look very good, although his introduction did concide with a general improvement in the team's performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

Is Willis just on a short term deal? He did look very good, although his introduction did concide with a general improvement in the team's performance.

He's just cover for the WC. He originally retired from pro rugby at the end of last season, following years of injuries but was obviously convinced to cover for the WC by someone - luckily enough by the looks of things.

Hagz wrote: »
    Would you start Madigan or Berquist next week?
    Madigan looked sharp when he came on, but he had the benefit of being fresh off the bench. Plus, his kicking game is well below the standard of Berquist's.

If Horgan or Conway are fit for next week, who would you start them ahead of, or would you start them?
    I personally think Kearney was better than Carr today, and if either Conway or Horgan are fit, I'd move Kearney to 11 and start one of them.

Would you go with the same back-row?
    Ruddock doesn't look comfortable at 8 to me, but it seems harsh to drop him or KvM. I guess I'd stick with the same back-row.

I'd stick with Berquist. Madigan is a nice passer of the ball but, overall, I remain very unconvinced by him in terms of the overall play of a 10. He tries to force things somewhat and tried breaking a few times resulting in knock ons when the speed merchants were outside him. I don't think he can control a game and defensively I don't think he's great.

I don't think Horgan will be available for another couple of weeks. If Conway is back it's a straight call between himself and Carr. Carr deserves another run out and I'm sure he'll get it. I can see the back three remaining the same. DK has absolutely earned the right to be the first choice winger on the basis of his last few displays.

The back row will and probably should remain the same but Auva'a did decently with ball in hand when introduced. He makes a good impact sub and we should look to get him on at 55mins regardless I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭rockman15

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Would take the captaincy off Ruddock myself - not because of his performance but he's just not up to it yet. I didn't see him once mention to the ref about Ospreys going straight off their feet over Leinster ball or getting into offside positions, blocking the ruck from approaching players.

It's hard to know who to give captaincy to, probably Nacewa for me. Let Ruddock be pack leader without pressure of team captain.

I'd be very tempted to move McLoughlin into the second row and let him call the lineout, which frees up 6 for Ruddock and 8 for Auva'a. Very worried about Toner's performances. He rarely plays well (when he does, he's great) with the game against Saracens in Wembley last year being probably the last time he played well. His height seems to be more of a hindrance than anything as well, as he's (perhaps) too heavy to get into the air and never seems to dominate in the lineout like I'd expect.

Was very impressed with Fitz at centre, though perhaps defensively not there yet - Ospreys centre's got a lot of ground, I'd have to look back to see if Fitz/O'Malley/someone else was at fault as I'm purely speculating right now. Would start him there again.

Willis was a saviour in the second half. Much better performance than young Cooney, who will no doubt have learned a lot from that first half.

Toner was a disgrace tonight. I've said it before here many times, his biomechanics are not suitable for a professional rugby player. His legs are disproportionately to his torso. They are too long to allow him to get into a good stable position at a ruck. He cant get low enough to tackle around the legs and at scrum time his back is bent in the most horrific fashion not giving any rigid pressure to his prop. If ever there was an example of how to not engage at contact in any facet of play Toner is your man. Every second row at schoolboy level should be shown his videos and told not to copy him. And after 3 years as a pro he still looks like a scrawny 18 year old. His best weapon behing his height at lineouts last night wasnt even used as they were mucked up. In stark contrast whoever that Glasgow lock was last night with the scrum cap on him, outclassed Toner in every facet of the game. Approx same height from the tv, but his skill set and body mass was beyond Toner in every way.

Give Locky his shot.

I would actually like to see Mark Flanagan given a start. He has definitely bulked up from last year and I think he was decent coming off the bench and in the pre-season game against Rebels. He's only 21/22? So if he comes good it would be a massive plus for the club.

• Advertisement

Niall Morris scores on hi sTigers debut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement