Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7151182,00.html

Nathan White on his way, on a one-year contract.

Why?

Actually Ross will hardly play for us, we need another I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_7151182,00.html

Nathan White on his way, on a one-year contract.
    Odd. It was reported a few weeks ago that he was signing for a months during the WC to back up Hagan and VDM while Ross and Healy was at the RWC.

I'm a little surprised that he is coming for the whole season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Odd. It was reported a few weeks ago that he was signing for a months during the WC to back up Hagan and VDM while Ross and Healy was at the RWC.

I'm a little surprised that he is coming for the whole season.

He'll be need I'd say. Hagan will most likely be involved in the 6N with Ross, so that would just leave us with McGrath and Shawe.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

White is probably being brought because there's a chance of Hagan benching for Ireland post RWC. Hayes will be retired and Buckley might be ignored because he will be playing in England. That just leaves Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RoryMc23

So if I'm correct currently its...

Looshead
    Healy
    VDM
    McGrath

Tighthead
    Ross
    Hagan
    White
    McGrath

I must say that I'm disappointed in Leinster, McGrath has done fine in the scrums (on both sides) whenever hes played and seems to offer a lot around the pitch for a prop. I was hoping he'd see more game time this year but I suppose hes only 22 (although I fail to see why that matters, from the looks of things hes bigger than most senior props).

Anyone know when hes out of contract? Might make a great signing for Munster, is young, proven in the scrums and can play both sides. Himself and Archer would be great to have for the future.

• Advertisement

He's contracted till the end of the 2012 - 2013 season. i get why they made the signing. The last thing they want is to be left with just McGrath and Shawe at tight-head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Looking at the story, I like how they just say that he's 'signed for Leinster' with no explanations of who or what Leinster are...as if they expect readers to know exactly who Leinster are. That's a compliment, imho.

At least they didn't say we were British! Still haven't forgiven that lump from last year. What was his name?

Clint fcuking newland !

Not happy with his signing tbh, unless it means Shawe is finishing up with us?

Can understand it, as Hagan should probably be in NZ at the moment too realistically. We'll surely be 2 THs down come 6N time.

I think McGrath has done well whenever I've seen him, but we don't need to push him too quickly, there's a fine balance with front row guys between experience and exposure.

At the moment were only one knock away from having no bench cover, but come HEC time when Ross has been given a good rest , poor hagan will be out of the 23 and McGrath will be nowhere to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

durkadurka wrote: »
    At the moment were only one knock away from having no bench cover, but come HEC time when Ross has been given a good rest , poor hagan will be out of the 23 and McGrath will be nowhere to be seen.

We'd still be in the same position if there's an injury later in the season as we could easily end up with McGrath having to bench in a HC knockout match if one or two players had knocks. I wouldn't put White down to be a definite starter ahead of Hagan anyway.

There was positive news on Luke Fitzgerald’s scan to his knee which saw him leave the field Swansea. Though he sat out training on Monday he is likely to be available.
    Prop Jamie Hagan trained in a limited capacity on Monday following bruising to his eye, the Leinster management are confident that he will be fully fit to train on Wednesday and be in contention for selection.

Aside from the usual bumps and bruises there were no other fresh injury concerns from last weekend in a game which saw summer signings Leo Auva’a, Mat Berquist, Damian Browne as well as John Cooney and Jack O’Connell make their debuts.

Waikato tight-head prop Nathan White will arrive in Ireland this week after leading his side to the final of the ITM Cup which they lost 12-3 in Hamilton at the weekend and is expected to be available for this week’s game.

Andrew Conway has not been ruled out of Friday’s game and the ankle injury which he sustained in pre-season will be assessed with a decision on his availability also expected to be made later in the week.

The team will be announced on Thursday lunchtime.

No further injuries, Conway might be available for selection

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

durkadurka wrote: »

Would be surprised if VDM and Hagan aren't the bench props come HEC time.

agree with Podge, reckon White is the new Newlands (shudder), a filler-inner only. Hagan is the future TH at Leinster and I can see Schmidt giving him plenty of opportunities and experience. He wont/shouldn't lose out to White.

Pretty interesting interview on LTV with KvM. Apart form the woman who seemed intent on kicking him while he's down:pac:

It's clear they are not making any excuses for the loss. "Extremely dissapointed", " We played terribly". He mentioned the breakdown as well and said that this Dragons game will be a way of "exercising our demons in that area".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Jaysus. I'm surprised he didn't lamp yer wan there.

She also massively overuses the word "now".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Gee she just kept on asking the same question in slightly different ways. It's like she was trying to make him cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

What a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Hope RTE snaps her up, be interesting to see her laying into Kidney after Irish games.

Link to video?

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »

That's Sinead Kissane from TV3. Normally does the rugby reporting on TV3. Don't like her at all.

Meant to ask this the other day, was watching the warm up before Northampton game last week and jenno seemed to be sort of coaching the young lads.

Anyway he kept telling them they were 'scooping' as they crashed into the tackle bags.

What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

That's Sinead Kissane from TV3. Normally does the rugby reporting on TV3. Don't like her at all.

Never liked her since she demanded to know was EOS going to resign and he still on the field with the team after one of the internationals.

phog wrote: »
    Never liked her since she demanded to know was EOS going to resign and he still on the field with the team after one of the internationals.

aye after the Argentina game.

*facepalm*

Who was it who described her as the work experience girl?

Though the way she was pushing Kev there was a bit harsh I'd much prefer the other Irish rugby journalists/broadcasters to have the same sort of balls as she appears to have (:rolleyes:) and actually try to get a straight answer to questions. For example the amount of bull**** they seem to lap up from Kidney is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Though the way she was pushing Kev there was a bit harsh I'd much prefer the other Irish rugby journalists/broadcasters to have the same sort of balls as she appears to have (:rolleyes:) and actually try to get a straight answer to questions. For example the amount of bull**** they seem to lap up from Kidney is ridiculous.

sounds like double standards really :eek:

During a press conference with John Hayes and Kidney before Hayes' 100th cap, Kissane tried to ask a left field question: "(To Kidney) What did you do to persuade John to talk today?"

Both Kidney and Hayes visibly cringed. :D

• Advertisement

sounds like double standards really :eek:

Not particularly. Asking a legitimate, tough question (that everyone else at home wants to know) to a national coach in a post match interview is quite different, in my eyes anyway, to repeatedly asking a player the same quite personal question, especially as he was obviously just asked down to give a preview of the next match. He actually answered it quite honestly the first time but it looks like she was expecting him to crack and admit to something like that he was boarder line suicidal or that Leamy and Ryan were only picked ahead of him because Kidney likes the way they look in their shorts...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement