Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Presumably scrum half wearing the No.20 shirt, no?

Don't know whether it's a 23 man team or 22. If he is a scrum-half, then I presume he's that ex Rock guy. Strange because I seem to remember an Angus being picked ahead of him at school level. Maybe he's impressed at club level so.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 easyeas

Hagz wrote: »
    Don't know whether it's a 23 man team or 22. If he is a scrum-half, then I presume he's that ex Rock guy. Strange because I seem to remember an Angus being picked ahead of him at school level. Maybe he's impressed at club level so.

he left school 2 years ago and started in his year so dont think angus was picked ahead of him and ye hes the rock guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

ormond lad wrote: »
    Leinster Under-19 Team News...
    9 September 2011, 11:07 am
    By Editor

The Leinster Under-19 Blue and White teams, sponsored by SWORD Security, are in action against Ulster in a double-header in Dungannon RFC...

The Leinster Under-19 (Blue)team to face Ulster in Saturday afternoon’s interprovincial in Dungannon RFC (KO: 1.30pm) has been named. LEINSTER UNDER-19 (BLUE):
    15: Jack Fitzpatrick (Gonzaga College SJ)
    14: Ryan Roopnarinesingh (Terenure College)
    13: Thomas Farrell (Castleknock College)
    12: Thomas Daly (Co. Carlow FC)
    11: Ian Byrne (St. Gerard’s School)
    10: Steve Crosbie (St. Gerard’s School)
    9: David Shanahan (Belvedere College SJ) CAPTAIN
    1: Gordon Frayne (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    2: Bryan Byrne (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    3: Edward Byrne (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    4: Donagh Lawler (St. Michael’s College)
    5: Gavin Thornbury (Blackrock College)
    6: Conor Guihan (Pres. Bray)
    7: Josh Van der Flier (Wesley College)
    8: Eoghan Masterson (Portlaoise RFC)
    REPLACEMENTS:
    16: Andrew Murphy (St. Michael’s College)
    17: Adam Boland (Blackrock College)
    18: Ken Murphy (Pres. Bray)
    19: Akhalque Khan (Navan RFC)
    20: Max McFarland (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    21: Rory Kavanagh (St. Michael’s College)
    22: Dyllon Simmonds (St. Gerard’s School)

Leinster Under-19 (White) team to face Ulster in Saturday afternoon’s interprovincial in Dungannon RFC KO: 3.30pm
    15: Bill Duggan (C.C. Roscrea)
    14: Michael Mellett (Castleknock College)
    13: Kieran Butler (New Ross RFC)
    12: David Potterton (The King’s Hospital)
    11: Jimmy Hawkshaw (Belvedere College SJ)
    10: Liam Bourke (Navan RFC) CAPTAIN
    9: Ian Burke (De la Salle Churchtown)
    1: Andrew Heffernan (CBC Monkstown)
    2: Josh Cowan (Sandford Park)
    3: Tom Collis (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    4: Luke Talbot (St. Mary’s College)
    5: Darragh Curran (Ashbourne RFC)
    6: Eamonn Quirke (C. C. Roscrea)
    7: Michael Kerr (St. Andrew’s College)
    8: Niall Lalor (Terenure College)
    REPLACEMENTS:

16: Peter Tierney (Wesley College)
    17: Jamie Lawless (St. Michael’s College)
    18: Conor Owende (Belvedere College SJ)
    19: Robin Brickell (Naas RFC)
    20: Finbarr McGowan (Longford RFC)
    21: Mark Rogers (CBC Monkstown)
    22: Chris Fagan (St. Michael’s College)
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/8454.php

Should've become a winger with a name like that

easyeas wrote: »
    he left school 2 years ago and started in his year so dont think angus was picked ahead of him and ye hes the rock guy

Interesting. There were a few guys from that year who impressed me, yet never progressed. There was this animal of a prop/hooker called Tyrone (I think), and then there were two flankers who looked miles ahead of everybody physically, one of them was asian I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭vinny chase

Are you thinking of Angus Lloyd?

Pretty sure Marcus Walsh was gone before his time, and Lloyd didn't start himself on the S.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure Marcus Walsh was gone before his time, and Lloyd didn't start himself on the S.

That's him. Thought he was just a year below but brought up. Must be mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭vinny chase

That's him. Thought he was just a year below but brought up. Must be mistaken.

Good player too I think. Came on for Walsh the year they got knocked out by Gerard's (:mad:) because Walsh got injured, but think the general perception was that Walsh was the better player.

I was in college in England that year and didn't see any of the games.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Tickets on general sale for the Leinster Munster game in D'Aviva in November today lads.

Picked up 4 on the halfway line, loads left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Leinster U-19 team is playing Ulster this Saturday, and this fella is on the wing.

14: Ryan Roopnarinesingh (Terenure College)

There is a Doc of that name practicing in Dublin at the Rotunda I think. - from the West Indies originally whence there is a considerable population of Indian and Sri Lankan origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭thunderthing

wixfjord wrote: »
    Tickets on general sale for the Leinster Munster game in D'Aviva in November today lads.

Picked up 4 on the halfway line, loads left.

Leinster are advertising €10 tickets but I can't seem to see where they are for.. Even the worst seats in the house (back of the stand behind the goals) are €20. Is it a tenner just for children or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

easyeas wrote: »
    I wonder why Furlong isn't included, and Gilsenan. I'll be keeping an eye on Coghlan, McGrath and Roche. Also, one of the O’Suilleabhain twins is playing for Munster.[QOUTE]

i would look out for des merrey as well big things expected of him down in clontarf from what i have heard anyway...furlong is out till jan or feb with a shoulder injury which he got surgery on recently and gilsenan is injured as well with a shoulder injury

leinster won 13-9 with marsh scoring a penatly,mc grath scoring a penalty and conversion and merrey scoring a try.

2.Callum O’Connell, Exiles
    7.Isaac O’Grady
    9.Kieran Marmion, Corinthians
    14.Conor Finn, Buccaneers
    19.Will O’Brien, Newbridge
    20.Marcus Walsh
    21.Matt Dever, Exiles
    17.Andrew Keating, Navan

all these player are playin for connacht have come from aboard (2.Callum O’Connell, 7.Isaac O’Grady,9.Kieran Marmion,21.Matt Dever) or from other provinces(14.Conor Finn,19.Will O’Brien,20.Marcus Walsh,17.Andrew Keating) which seem to be the only reason why connacht under 20s are doing alright so far this year as there standout players have decent players to play with instead of poor players from connacht as connacht are buying them in from other places

Conor Finn plays with Buccs, is in college in Galway and went to school in Athlone. He's not a blow in.

The key players in the 20s are Qualter and Kindregan in the 2nd row, Conneely who is a serious prospect in the back row, Carty, Leader, Layden and Boland in the backline. Thsese are all Connacht born and bred.

We had a few blow ins training with the academy, the likes of Walsh, O'Connell, Marmion, but the core group who have been selected to continue training throughout the year are all Connacht born and bred bar Marmion and Mick Kearney. It's no harm for us to be looking outside the box to see what Irish qulaified players we can bring in, provided they are good enough, and are brought in to supplement the academy and not hinder local lads progress, which is what is happening.

The fact is Connacht are not buying the 20s or just bringing in a blast of strays. There's very good work going on in Connacht at underage level, our u18 schools won in Dungannon during the week and our u19s drew with Munster yesterday in an interpro. The tides are starting to turn, it seems some don't like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Leinster are advertising €10 tickets but I can't seem to see where they are for.. Even the worst seats in the house (back of the stand behind the goals) are €20. Is it a tenner just for children or something?

They were only available during the 'Hour of Power', i.e. the first hour of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

Berquist out for four months apparently..

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/8481.php

We're in a bit of a state if Sexton or Madigan gets injured over the next few months. Short term signing or is Isa enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

We're in a bit of a state if Sexton or Madigan gets injured over the next few months. Short term signing or is Isa enough?

Potentially. Also i wonder if they'll hold onto Berquist, if he went home he'd be back fit in time for the start of the Super 15 season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

A short-term signing wouldn't be the worst idea; Isa is great to have as emergency cover but his talents are wasted at out-half.

This is horrible news for Berquist but it's a great opportunity for Madigan to get an extended run of 80-minute games.

Noel Reid?

We could only possibly sign an Irish player too, and there aren't any.

Nacewa will play 10 a bit, Madigan will too and we'll just have to bodge it.

Anyone in the AIL I wonder who could come in?

Bring back David Holwell again for his yearly holiday!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'd say you're all right with Sexton, Madigan and Nacewa.

The way Ireland are going Sexton will be back soon enough. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Guys does anyone know when the tickets for the bath leinster away match are available?

I assume they'll only be for season ticket holders?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Anything develop from Sykes & V.D.M's alleged racist taunts of Mujati??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Gridlock wrote: »
    Anything develop from Sykes & V.D.M's alleged racist taunts of Mujati??

No. Apparent misunderstanding in relation to a scrum call. Both Northampton and Leinster agreed it was such and that the matter has been closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Yep, Lloyd was on the bench behind a 4th Year last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Ulster have two good young backup fly halfs in Jackson and McKinney which (at the risk of annoying Ulster fans on here!) seems one more than they need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

ambid wrote: »
    Ulster have two good young backup fly halfs in Jackson and McKinney which (at the risk of annoying Ulster fans on here!) seems one more than they need :)
    They also have an excellent young 12 who can cover 10 if needed and has played there a lot at underage level (including for Lulster). That means they can spare a 10.

That said I reckon Madigan/Nacewa will be Leinster's 10 cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

ambid wrote: »
    Actually it's 3. Stuart Olding. A name to remember maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

As Emmet said, no room for another NIQ and no IQ OHs available, so I reckon we'll just have to carry on as is. Makes the loss of McKinley even more acute. We'll be fine once Sexton gets back I think, but puts a lot of pressure on Madigan until then. Big opportunity for him.

Scant consolation, but with such depth in the back 3 having Nacewa playing at 10 occasionally will relieve a bit of the pressure. I think I'm clutching at straws..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

WeeBushy wrote: »
    As Emmet said, no room for another NIQ and no IQ OHs available, so I reckon we'll just have to carry on as is. Makes the loss of McKinley even more acute. We'll be fine once Sexton gets back I think, but puts a lot of pressure on Madigan until then. Big opportunity for him.

Scant consolation, but with such depth in the back 3 having Nacewa playing at 10 occasionally will relieve a bit of the pressure. I think I'm clutching at straws..

There's been scope for short term emergency signings in the past. An extra NIQ player for 2 months is clearly not going to be as damaging to Irish rugby as Leinster not having an out half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

danthefan wrote: »
    There's been scope for short term emergency signings in the past. An extra NIQ player for 2 months is clearly not going to be as damaging to Irish rugby as Leinster not having an out half.

Mmm, you're right actually. Its not like a short term signing would be holding back a great talent that's coming through. We are a bit bare on players in that department that are close to being ready for ML level.

But if there's no one decent available I'd be ok with Sexton, Madigan and Nacewa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

They also have an excellent young 12 who can cover 10 if needed and has played there a lot at underage level (including for Lulster). That means they can spare a 10.

That said I reckon Madigan/Nacewa will be Leinster's 10 cover.

Good idea, we could take Luke Marshall off their hands, I'm sure they won't mind :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement