Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Mclaughlin at 4!!

Locky I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Just have an issue with Ruddock as captain. Isa did a great job last week, don't think Ruddock is up to it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

chancer12 wrote: »
    Just have an issue with Ruddock as captain. Isa did a great job last week, don't think Ruddock is up to it yet

Wasn't Ruddock captain last week too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Me and Joe Schmidt are on the same wavelength alright:
    I'd love to see if Auva'a can sustain his impressive cameo from last week for 80 minutes, and I think Ruddock is more effective at 6 than at 8.

McLaughlin was good at 6 last week but I don't think he has a future there for Leinster first XV or for Ireland; if we're short on quality second-rows, maybe it's worth a try.

Would live to see Ruddock getting a bit more space to carry the ball this week, he just seemed to be constrained at #8 last week.

PS Chancer12; Ruddock was captain for the last two weeks as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Squad update:
    The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon as they build up to Saturday evening's RaboDirect PRO 12 trip to face the Scarlets in Parc Y Scarlets (KO: 6.30pm)...

The Leinster management - already without 14 players on World Cup duty as well as longer-term absentees such as Mat Berquist, Andrew Conway, Shane Horgan, Tom Sexton and Eamonn Sheridan - counted the cost of Saturday night’s defeat to the Glasgow Warriors with Kevin McLaughlin and Dominic Ryan sustaining ankle injuries. It is anticipated that neither forward will be available for selection this week.
    Berquist and Sheridan are expected to be unavailable until the New Year and Conway (ankle) should return over the coming weeks. Meanwhile, hooker Sexton could be back over the next month after undergoing knee surgery over the summer months.

Luke Fitzgerald was withdrawn midway through the second half with cramp as a precautionary basis and though he sat out training on Monday he will hopefully be available for selection.

Steven Sykes stepped up his rehabilitation and though he may again miss out on selection, he could be available for Leinster’s next home match a week later in the RDS against Aironi.

There were debuts for Ireland Under-20 captain Jordi Murphy and prop Nathan White on Saturday night while Isa Nacewa completed a 100% kicking ratio and a 14-point haul.

The Leinster team will be named on Friday lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

thankfully the injuries to ryan and Locky don't seam as bad as feared - leinster down to bare bones

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

thebaz wrote: »
    thankfully the injuries to ryan and Locky don't seam as bad as feared - leinster down to bare bones

That is great news anyway (The injury reports not the barebones bit :)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Ryan looked much worse than an ankle injury. That's good news at least.

Unless it's the worst kind of ankle injury, then it's not so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Superbus wrote: »
    Ryan looked much worse than an ankle injury. That's good news at least.

Unless it's the worst kind of ankle injury, then it's not so good.

Ryan looked like he had done some serious damage - really glad if that's not the case.

Lack of tv screen on Saturday made it v difficult if you missed something in open play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I thought both injuries look bad and the report doesn't say one way or the other, all it says is that they won't make the weekend. No mention on how serious it is, unless I'm missing something. I think it's worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I think we'd know by now if it was serious

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

Ryan and McLaughlin both have ankle ligament damage. Out for three weeks apparently..

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/mdtv/play/media/id/9296

Not so bad, from what i'd heard i thought Ryan had broken his ankle.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Kinger83 wrote: »
    Ryan and McLaughlin both have ankle ligament damage. Out for three weeks apparently..

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/mdtv/play/media/id/9296

Not so bad, from what i'd heard i thought Ryan had broken his ankle.

Well that's some good news anyway, thought by the sounds of it that they were worse than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

You have to laugh. Schmidt saying Ben Marshall was the next in line to come into the back row but twisted his knee at the weekend and is out for a few weeks.Noel Reid to be involved this weekend according to Schmidt. 24 players now unavailable to Leinster. Can all Leinster posters please bring their boots to any upcoming games in the RDS?

“There’s going to be some guys who you haven’t seen before out there on Saturday".

"Noel Reid got the game under his belt and he didn’t do a knee. It means he’s still got a few limbs he can throw into the mix on Saturday.”

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm surprised Leinster will be risking Luke on Saturday. I would have thought he'd be on standby for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm surprised Leinster will be risking Luke on Saturday. I would have thought he'd be on standby for Ireland.

Not much choice really. We're so short of players at the moment it's ridiculous. How unlucky can 1 club get!? I don't remember the last time we had this many injuries and it would have to come during the RWC!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

My mate from Newport once put their injury crisis from a few years back like this:

"Basically, they got to the stage where they were just walking into local pubs and saying 'Anyone want to play the Ospreys at the weekend?'..."

With a bit of luck, it won't get that bad, but we're down nearly a whole team, so this is really testing the depth of one of the deepest squads in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

tolosenc wrote: »
    My mate from Newport once put their injury crisis from a few years back like this:

"Basically, they got to the stage where they were just walking into local pubs and saying 'Anyone want to play the Ospreys at the weekend?'..."

With a bit of luck, it won't get that bad, but we're down nearly a whole team, so this is really testing the depth of one of the deepest squads in Europe.

if necessary Leinster can raid some of the AIL clubs to cover the back row during the injury crisis, the likes of Alex Dunlop at Blackrock or Barry O'Mahoney at Clontarf wouldnt look out of place in the magner's league.

Havent see Jordan Coughlan play but plenty of people were saying he'd be good enough for magner's rugby this season.

Locky just tweeted he'll be back in a couple of weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

1. VDM
    2. Strauss
    3. Hagan
    4. Browne
    5. Toner
    6. Ruddock
    7. Murphy
    8. Auva'a
    9. Willis
    10. Madigan
    11. Carr
    12. Fitzgerald
    13. O'Malley
    14. Kearney
    15. Nacewa

16. Dundon
    17. O'Connell
    18. McGrath
    19. Flanagan
    20. Ruddock
    21. Cooney
    22. Macken
    23. Hudson
    Any of those guys injured?

Hagz wrote: »
    1. VDM
    2. Strauss
    3. Hagan
    4. Browne
    5. Toner
    6. Ruddock
    7. Murphy
    8. Auva'a
    9. Willis
    10. Madigan
    11. Carr
    12. Fitzgerald
    13. O'Malley
    14. Kearney
    15. Nacewa

16. Dundon
    17. O'Connell
    18. McGrath
    19. Flanagan
    20. Ruddock
    21. Cooney
    22. Macken
    23. Hudson
    Any of those guys injured?

nope, that's it though! Even with a big squad, I think it's academy and AIL after that. Noel Reid in line for some exposure yet?

Aironi next week at home lookin risky at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I'm counting the days at this stage till the RDP12 break at this stage give people a chance to get fit again and that much closer to the return of the internationals

It's a real pity because I thought this batch of six games was a huge development opportunity and it's going a bit arseways now .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Maybe it's a trial by fire. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Just looking at your squad and the team listed above. Leaving out those on the WC and those that I know are out injured I'm left with these guys - are they injured also?

Andrew Conway
    Jason Harris-Wright
    Tom Sexton
    Simon Shawe
    Steven Sykes
    Nathan White

Conway and Sykes are injured anyhow

phog wrote: »
    Just looking at your squad and the team listed above. Leaving out those on the WC and those that I know are out injured I'm left with these guys - are they injured also?

Andrew Conway
    Jason Harris-Wright
    Tom Sexton
    Simon Shawe
    Steven Sykes
    Nathan White

injured

• Advertisement

Has JHW fallen behind Dundon? I thought he looked promising but he hasn't featured much this season. Only 1 sub appearance in the first match so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement