Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/8627.php

I wonder what the Leinster and Ulster teams for this will be. Will fringe players like Madigan, EOM, D Kearney, Auva ect be demoted to Leinster A after their runs in the senior team with the return of the internationals and if so how will they respond to A duty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I see Girvan Dempsey is assisting the coach. Didn't Mal O Kelly do that last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Mal is the manager I think. And stand in second row...

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I see Girvan Dempsey is assisting the coach. Didn't Mal O Kelly do that last year?
    He did I dunno why it was changed

Mal has disappeared from here as well
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/profiles/branch_personnel.php
    durkadurka wrote: »
    Mal is the manager I think. And stand in second row...
    Colin McEntee is the coach and Michael Kearney is the team manager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

I'd say we'll see extremely young sides take the field. Hopefully Conway can make a comeback in this game, big shame he's missed out on game time during the World Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/8627.php

I wonder what the Leinster and Ulster teams for this will be. Will fringe players like Madigan, EOM, D Kearney, Auva ect be demoted to Leinster A after their runs in the senior team with the return of the internationals and if so how will they respond to A duty

Really looking forward to this game. I wonder if it'll be the A team lads or will Joe play first teamers who haven't played much this season - like Cronin, Boss and McFadden. They probably need a run out before Edinburgh in the Pro12 the following week. EOM looks like he needs some games after his injury. I wonder if Conway is near a return.

Hopefully some of the exciting young players like Jack McGrath, Macken, and Jordi Murphy will play. I doubt Madigan will be there, it doesn't seem worth risking him.

ambid wrote: »
    EOM looks like he needs some games after his injury.
    EOM has played every game so far this season. What injury?

After thinking about it the below would probably be my 15 for the game
    McGrath   JHW   O'Connell
       Flanagan CRuddock
    Marshall Murhpy Ryan
       McGrath Reid
        McFadden Macken
    Hudson  D Kearney  Conway

McFadden needs gametime, Ryan and Conway need gametime after their injuries and the rest are young talents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

EOM has played every game so far this season. What injury?

After thinking about it the below would probably be my 15 for the game
    McGrath   JHW   O'Connell
       Flanagan CRuddock
    Marshall Murhpy Ryan
       McGrath Reid
        McFadden Macken
    Hudson  D Kearney  Conway

McFadden needs gametime, Ryan and Conway need gametime after their injuries and the rest are young talents

Yes he has but he had an injury over the summer that disrupted his pre-season preparation quite a lot I think. He spoke about it on LTV a few weeks ago but I can't find the link.

I doubt they'll play JHW as apparently he has a contract only to Christmas so not much point investing game time in him. The rest of your team looks good, though I wonder if Kearney would expect to be considered a first team rotation player rather than young talent at this stage.

So World Cup to Leinster A for McFadden?! No way I see that happening, especially when you have Collie O' Shea in the academy who would be well suited to this game. I'd say a Cooney-Reid half back pairing is likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

ambid wrote: »

I doubt they'll play JHW as apparently he has a contract only to Christmas so not much point investing game time in him. The rest of your team looks good, though I wonder if Kearney would expect to be considered a first team rotation player rather than young talent at this stage.

Yeah, I think he would be entitled to view himself as such, but he's played all the games so far (I think) so if Schmidt is looking to rotate people back into the squad, I wouldn't expect D Kearney to play against Edinburgh. In that case, a run out for the A's wouldn't hurt. Whatever about D Kearney, I can't see McFadden wanting to play...

Would we better off playing Cooney in the A game ahead of McGrath? Probably needs a bit of gametime to try to get a bit of confidence back after his ropey showings earlier on this year. Or is it time to see what McGrath can do?

• Advertisement

Hype710 wrote: »
    So World Cup to Leinster A for McFadden?! No way I see that happening, especially when you have Collie O' Shea in the academy who would be well suited to this game. I'd say a Cooney-Reid half back pairing is likely.
    I was thinking gametime McFadden doesn't have a lot this season and needs some before the HEC if he is to be in the 23

I was thinking gametime McFadden doesn't have a lot this season and needs some before the HEC if he is to be in the 23

I imagine he'll start vs Edinburgh and Munster. Tis plenty. Some very interesting selections for Schmidt in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Anyone know what is the deal with JHW contract and where he is heading after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hopefully he's not heading anywhere...he's a very good talent and seems to be in the plans at Leinster, even with the signing of Cronin. Didn't he get minutes in the Heineken Cup final last season? As well as getting some very decent gametime behind Strauss. Have seen very little of Sexton, but I'd imagine you'd need at least 4 hookers in a professional squad, allowing for injury and rotation.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Power Hour €10 tickets gone in a flash, were in the corner of the upper tier though.

Got 4 great seats for €40 on the halfway line upper tier, same for the Munster game.
    Great value when you compare it to footie or the international team.
    Anywhere from 522 to 528 is a great seat, and the same on the other side.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Hopefully he's not heading anywhere...he's a very good talent and seems to be in the plans at Leinster, even with the signing of Cronin. Didn't he get minutes in the Heineken Cup final last season? As well as getting some very decent gametime behind Strauss. Have seen very little of Sexton, but I'd imagine you'd need at least 4 hookers in a professional squad, allowing for injury and rotation.

I really rate JHW, possibly above Cronin at this stage, but I don't think he'll be staying after Xmas, judging by the gametime that he's been given.
    Dundon seems to be third in line.

Anyone seen much of Sexton? One for the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I don't know what the point of having Dundon in there is. I had assumed Harris-Wright had been struggling with injury, and thought Dundon was only ever on a temporary contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I don't know what the point of having Dundon in there is. I had assumed Harris-Wright had been struggling with injury, and thought Dundon was only ever on a temporary contract?

Contracted now and seems to be ahead of JHW. Our 4 hookers will be Strauss, Cronin, Dundon and Sexton is my guess. JHW has all the potential in the world but needs more discipline. I'd love to see him go to France for a year or two, get seven bells knocked out of him and come back one mean hombre. He has the talent, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Does anyone know when Season Ticket holders are receiving the their allocated tickets for the Munster match? Thought they'd be posted by now...

GerM wrote: »
    Contracted now and seems to be ahead of JHW. Our 4 hookers will be Strauss, Cronin, Dundon and Sexton is my guess. JHW has all the potential in the world but needs more discipline. I'd love to see him go to France for a year or two, get seven bells knocked out of him and come back one mean hombre. He has the talent, no doubt.
    Dundon is ahead of JHW at club level when both are available afaik as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

.ak wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Season Ticket holders are receiving the their allocated tickets for the Munster match? Thought they'd be posted by now...

Got mine and the bath one today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

From what I've heard about JHW, it's his attitude which has led to the management deciding to cut him loose. Sad if true. Don't know the guy so don't take this as fact or anything, just from chatting to people 'in the know' at games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

CouchSmart wrote: »
    From what I've heard about JHW, it's his attitude which has led to the management deciding to cut him loose. Sad if true. Don't know the guy so don't take this as fact or anything, just from chatting to people 'in the know' at games etc.

What's he up to now?

durkadurka wrote: »
    Got mine and the bath one today!

Shweet, I'll keep an eye out for the postman so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Keating playing for Doncaster on SkySports 3. He's already scored a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

What's he up to now?

Contracted until the New Year is what I heard. Thought he looked good in his cameos last year and apparently he's as strong as Healy. We'll never know for sure but it'd be a huge shame to lose someone with such potential because of their attitude. Fingers crossed he puts his head down and manages to earn another chance.

When it's all said and done though we'll have Strauss and Cronin with Dundon and Sexton backing up. Dundon's nothing special and at 30(?) isn't a massive prospect but he can do a job. Sexton has potential though, hopefully he gets some games this season and can start pushing Strauss and Cronin over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

wixfjord wrote: »
    Anyone seen much of Sexton? One for the future?

Played on the same team as him till I was around 14. I had the 2 shirt, he had the 16. I'll be seriously pissed if he makes it. :P

Got my munster and brive tickets today... Excirreehh!

Janey I hope not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Brive!? I'm assuming that should be Bath given that the Montpellier tickets are collection only...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement