Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

profitius wrote: »
    Any player who doesn't live up to expectations get a bit of stick. DOC, ROG etc. Its nothing like the abuse directed at Mushy Buckley or TOL.

who have both lived up to expectations of being absolutely useless at their jobs for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Most noteably, when Buckley got destroyed in the scrum against an amateur team, and TOL managed to play himself out of a WC spot in 1 game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I would be afraid he would end up on a Sky Sports sofa. I can see him moving to London as his wife seems to spend most of her time there and then take a Sky Sports pension. I hope he doesn't as Sky really do have a way of turning people in Aviva Premiership fanatics and I would like to see Dric stay around Ireland but I wouldn't be surprised. Ideally he would take over from one G Hook on RTE...... Brent, Conor O'Shea and Dric on a panel would be will worth watching. We would need a new guy asking questions though!!

I think he's alluded to this on a couple of occasions alright.

Personally, I hope he stays at the academy in some coaching aspect, but I wouldn't begrudge him whatever job he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

After what he's given to Irish rugby he can sit on a couch for the rest of his life watching his arse hairs grow and I'll still have the highest respect for the man.

However, I do hope he stays in the game in a coaching manner or become heavily involved in his acadamies. He has so much experience and talent to offer to rugby players that it would seem a bit of a waste for him to move into punditry. But as I said he can do whatever he pleases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

I would be afraid he would end up on a Sky Sports sofa. I can see him moving to London as his wife seems to spend most of her time there and then take a Sky Sports pension. I hope he doesn't as Sky really do have a way of turning people in Aviva Premiership fanatics and I would like to see Dric stay around Ireland but I wouldn't be surprised. Ideally he would take over from one G Hook on RTE...... Brent, Conor O'Shea and Dric on a panel would be will worth watching. We would need a new guy asking questions though!!

I was going to say that you're forgetting about Frankie Sheahan, but at the rate that tool is taking over the media, he'll probably be hosting the Late Late Show by the time BOD retires.

I'd be surprised if the BBC don't snap him (O'Driscoll) up for punditry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

LEINSTER ‘A’:

15: Andrew Conway
    14: Darren Hudson
    13: Brendan Macken
    12: Colm O’Shea
    11: Andrew Boyle
    10: Noel Reid
    9: John Cooney

1: Jack McGrath
    2: Aaron Dundon
    3: Jamie Hagan
    4: Steven Sykes
    5: Mark Flanagan
    6: Ciaran Ruddock
    7: Dominic Ryan CAPTAIN
    8: Leo Auva’a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Jason Harris-Wright
    17: Jack O’Connell
    18: Martin Moore
    19: Neilus Keogh
    20: Jordi Murphy
    21: Cillian Willis
    22: Cathal Marsh
    23: Danny Riordan

REFEREE: Eanna O’Dowd (IRFU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Paul Haycock, Sean Gallagher (both IRFU)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Good to see Conway back. I thought Ruddock jnr was a lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

LEINSTER ‘A’:

15: Andrew Conway
    14: Darren Hudson
    13: Brendan Macken
    12: Colm O’Shea
    11: Andrew Boyle
    10: Noel Reid
    9: John Cooney

1: Jack McGrath
    2: Aaron Dundon
    3: Jamie Hagan
    4: Steven Sykes
    5: Mark Flanagan
    6: Ciaran Ruddock
    7: Dominic Ryan CAPTAIN
    8: Leo Auva’a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Jason Harris-Wright
    17: Jack O’Connell
    18: Martin Moore
    19: Neilus Keogh
    20: Jordi Murphy
    21: Cillian Willis
    22: Cathal Marsh
    23: Danny Riordan

REFEREE: Eanna O’Dowd (IRFU), ASSISTANT REFEREES: Paul Haycock, Sean Gallagher (both IRFU)

Interesting selection. Willis on the bench in particular. I'm assuming they are giving Sykes game time given that he's just back from injury. Surprised to see Hagan in there though. Does that mean White is ahead of him in the pecking order?

On the other hand it's great to see Conway back...

molloyjh wrote: »
    . Surprised to see Hagan in there though. Does that mean White is ahead of him in the pecking order?

Could mean anything really, though I doubt it. I mean, White doesn't even have a beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Good to see Conway back. I thought Ruddock jnr was a lock?
    Not tall enough only 6"4, has played more rugby at 6 but probably isn't good enough there.

Regarding Hagan maybe he wants to play after taking a week off and Joe said run out with the As could mean anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Thing that strikes me about the team is, who the hell calls their child Neilus.

Incidentally, as a non-season ticket holder. If I was feeling too warm and snug in January and felt like going somewhere colder, what would be the chances of getting a ticket for the Glasgow HEC game? Are they likely to go on general sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Thing that strikes me about the team is, who the hell calls their child Neilus.

Mr. and Mrs. Keogh it would seem. :D

He's Stephen Keogh's younger brother, was on the U20 panel that won the GS. Leinster are really pushing to try and find new locks it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Incidentally, as a non-season ticket holder. If I was feeling too warm and snug in January and felt like going somewhere colder, what would be the chances of getting a ticket for the Glasgow HEC game? Are they likely to go on general sale?

Absolutely. 14,000-odd season tickets still leaves 2-3,000 tickets for general sale, can't imagine Glasgow demanding a huge allocation.

Absolutely. 14,000-odd season tickets still leaves 2-3,000 tickets for general sale, can't imagine Glasgow demanding a huge allocation.

Whoops, meant the game in Glasgow. Have my tickets for the home game (they're on sale already).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Whoops, meant the game in Glasgow. Have my tickets for the home game (they're on sale already).

I can't see that being a problem. They rarely get a good crowd afaik, and I can't see this being an exception. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get tickets at the gate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Whats the demand like for Leinster away HC tickets in general, I've a mate in Bristol who wants me to head over for a weekend sometime, figured the weekend Leinster are in Bath would be a good one but I'd imagine a ticket for the game would be hard got if your not a season ticket holder.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

shuffol wrote: »
    Whats the demand like for Leinster away HC tickets in general, I've a mate in Bristol who wants me to head over for a weekend sometime, figured the weekend Leinster are in Bath would be a good one but I'd imagine a ticket for the game would be hard got if your not a season ticket holder.

Sale already went ahead for sth so you should be able to find out quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

shuffol wrote: »

There's still tickets available to season holders but I'm not sure if the branch will be putting them on general sale. Rather than waiting for that you can, however, buy them directly from the Bath Rugby website as they're on general sale and the tickets actually end up being a few euro cheaper than through Leinster (which I presume is down to a lower ticketmaster charge).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The fact that Willis is on the bench and Cooney is getting the game time could suggest that despite his good form, he will be surplus to requirements at the end of his short contract.

Very strong team though. Would be nice to have seen Harris-Wright and Murphy start, but other than that great to see so many players back in action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is their a ticket office at the RDS or Leinster Rugby shop where you can get tickets for games directly rather then via Ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

billyhead wrote: »
    Is their a ticket office at the RDS or Leinster Rugby shop where you can get tickets for games directly rather then via Ticketmaster?

Yes, you can get tickets at the RDS before normal games. The spar and Leinster store in Donnybrook also sell tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

molloyjh wrote: »
    ...Surprised to see Hagan in there though. Does that mean White is ahead of him in the pecking order?...

In the last couple of matches at the RDS, Hagan has looked absolutely shattered after 55 - 60 minutes. Maybe the coaching team think he needs another match to improve his fitness level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Ulster squad for the match with Leinster A

1 Callum Black
    2 John Burns
    3 Adam Macklin
    4 Iain Henderson
    5 Neil McComb (captain)
    6 Conor Joyce
    7 David McGuigan
    8 Ali Birch
    9 Ian Porter
    10 Paddy Jackson
    11 Chris Cochrane
    12 Chris Farrell
    13 Michael Allen
    14 Conor Gaston
    15 Ricky Andrew

16 Niall Annett
    17 Kyle McCall
    18 Ryan Jablonski
    19 James Simpson
    20 Sean O’Connell
    21 Blane McIlroy
    22 James McKinney
    23 Peter Nelson

I'm slightly surprised that Paddy Mac didn't get a game to further his return from injury. Maybe Black needed it more. Also surprised that Luke Marshall isn't in the team. There is a few names there that I don't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

just noticed last weekend former Leinter underage players playing in the English Championship

Michael Keating (ster academy, Clontarf) scored a try for Doncaster
    Robin Copeland (St Marys Kilkenny college) scored 2 trys for Rotherham
    Ruairi Cushion (ster academy, Old B) captained Plymouth
    Mick McGrath (Leinster U20's, Clontarf) on wing for Plymouth

Copeland would be a good signing for Connacht i'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

bamboozle wrote: »
    just noticed last weekend former Leinter underage players playing in the English Championship

Another is James Gethings (Ireland u19, Trinity College) who signed for Esher RFC over the summer. Prop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

bamboozle wrote: »

Copeland is one of those players who I could see expanding his profile enough to get a pro contract with a Premiership side and eventually come back home and maybe end up playing first team rugby for a province. It was criminal that he never got an academy contract at Leinster as I rated him higher than most of the young prospects in the province at the time. Very similar to Tuohy and from what I remembered he lacked a bit in the work rate department but its good to see that he is impressing in the championship

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

chupacabra wrote: »
    Copeland is one of those players who I could see expanding his profile enough to get a pro contract with a Premiership side and eventually come back home and maybe end up playing first team rugby for a province. It was criminal that he never got an academy contract at Leinster as I rated him higher than most of the young prospects in the province at the time. Very similar to Tuohy and from what I remembered he lacked a bit in the work rate department but its good to see that he is impressing in the championship

Copeland's a second row isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Copeland's a second row isn't he?

yep, a bullet fast 2nd row who is always scoring trys.

just had a look at the Rotherham website they've a fair few Irish lads, Shane Monaghan, Ross Noonan, Shane Cahill, Jamie Kilbane

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement