Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

People talk about Zebo but Hudson was better for the Irish U20s the season before last. He scored plenty of tries too I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Have been hearing a lot about Hudson over the last number of months. Perhaps overshadowed by Dave Kearney and Conway, but looking forward to seeing more of him. Haven't seen much of him before.

Thomond, I must show you some good D4 hospitality if you fancy a pint before / after the game in lansdowne. Perhaps this seasons forefit can be a live event which can be filmed and posted on boards...

I feel a standing on table in pub, crying out here ye, here ye and going on about a rant of your wrongness may be in order!! :D

(witnesses welcome to attend!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Hudson did indeed score a lot of tries for the u-20s that season, looked a classy player but my view of him at the time was that he wasnt big enough to be a real physical wing or have the out and out pace to be a top level wing. Havent seen him play since so cant really comment on him now, I think he's lined out a few times at 13 for the Leinster A's.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Have been hearing a lot about Hudson over the last number of months. Perhaps overshadowed by Dave Kearney and Conway, but looking forward to seeing more of him. Haven't seen much of him before.

Thomond, I must show you some good D4 hospitality if you fancy a pint before / after the game in lansdowne. Perhaps this seasons forefit can be a live event which can be filmed and posted on boards...

I feel a standing on table in pub, crying out here ye, here ye and going on about a rant of your wrongness may be in order!! :D

I reckon he'd feel right at home in Kielys.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Both Hudson and Macken really looked good on Friday. Thought Conway was looking to impress and some of his decision making was the poorer for it. But just back from injury you can't blame him. Auva'a played really well too.

The pack was far superior to Ulsters but with Hagan and Sykes in there you'd expect that really. Dundon did well and Ryan made his presence felt. He's one sturdy back row! Our backs made holes almost at will in the second half. The sort of lines Hudson ran in that clip along with a bit of jinking and twisting when coming into contact seemed to cause Ulster all sorts of trouble. And some of the offloading was impressive.

The only concern I'd have is that the backs were all on the small side really. Will be interesting to see how they do in the B&I Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

molloyjh wrote: »
    Both Hudson and Macken really looked good on Friday. Thought Conway was looking to impress and some of his decision making was the poorer for it. But just back from injury you can't blame him. Auva'a played really well too.

The pack was far superior to Ulsters but with Hagan and Sykes in there you'd expect that really. Dundon did well and Ryan made his presence felt. He's one sturdy back row! Our backs made holes almost at will in the second half. The sort of lines Hudson ran in that clip along with a bit of jinking and twisting when coming into contact seemed to cause Ulster all sorts of trouble. And some of the offloading was impressive.

The only concern I'd have is that the backs were all on the small side really. Will be interesting to see how they do in the B&I Cup.

Agree about Auva'a. The only thing that annoys me is the skip thing he does so often when he sets out on a run. I know he's trying to wrong foot the defender but, aside from Mafi in the ML final last year, it rarely seems to work.

Kiss was in the centre of the stand, towards the back. He was also impressive on iTalkSport with Eoin McDevitt on Sunday.

ambid wrote: »
    Agree about Auva'a. The only thing that annoys me is the skip thing he does so often when he sets out on a run. I know he's trying to wrong foot the defender but, aside from Mafi in the ML final last year, it rarely seems to work.

Artemiev used to constantly do that going into contact. And he was very tough to bring down because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Kiss was in the centre of the stand, towards the back. He was also impressive on iTalkSport with Eoin McDevitt on Sunday.

Only caught the end of that where Eoin was asking him if he'd ever consider faking an injury to a prop to force uncontested scrums after Gatlands brain fart. Daft question I thought, he was hardly going to say yes. I was kind of glad I missed it though as that soccer pundit that was on with them is a flippin' eejit. Can't stand him. Saw him a couple of weeks ago when EOS was on and he seemed to want to make the whole thing as awkward for Eddie as possible.

I did briefly catch something about Jenno being a huge leader in the RWC. Anything else interesting from Kiss????

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

[Jackass] wrote: »

Unofficial rugby forum boards beers eh? I'd be up for that!

As for the forfeit, yes perhaps we should take it to the next level. Jumping on a bar table and shouting the place down wouldn't be my cup of tea all the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hehe, me neither. I'm sure we can come up with some alternative though.

BB-RFC (Boards Beers Rugby Forefit Challange) accepted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Auva'a wasn't playing in the ML final last season or even in the ML last season

Just saw on Leinsterrugby.ie that Isaac Boss, Sean Cronin, Leo Cullen, Shane Jennings, Fergus McFadden, Eoin Reddan and Jonathan Sexton are available this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Auva'a wasn't playing in the ML final last season or even in the ML last season
    No, but Mafi was, as he said. :)

Auva'a wasn't playing in the ML final last season or even in the ML last season...

Ciaran, I didn't say Auva'a played in the ML final.

I referred to Mafi playing in the ML final, and that Mafi successfully executed the same skip step at the start of a run which Auva'a also uses.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Only caught the end of that where Eoin was asking him if he'd ever consider faking an injury to a prop to force uncontested scrums after Gatlands brain fart. Daft question I thought, he was hardly going to say yes. I was kind of glad I missed it though as that soccer pundit that was on with them is a flippin' eejit. Can't stand him. Saw him a couple of weeks ago when EOS was on and he seemed to want to make the whole thing as awkward for Eddie as possible.

I did briefly catch something about Jenno being a huge leader in the RWC. Anything else interesting from Kiss????

He spoke a lot about the process of getting over disappointment after all the work they had put in to preparation for the world cup and how they are now moving on to setting new challenges. The mental strength of professional sportspeople is very impressive.

He also mentioned Flannery handing out the jerseys and how incredibly emotional that was. He was almost becoming emotional again just recalling the moment. It did sound very powerful.

It was fascinating when he spoke about leadership in the team. Apparently both Jennings and Geordan Murphy assumed major leadership roles. He also sang the praises of O'Driscoll and O'Connell, talking about how relaxed O'Driscoll is in leadership and how he encourages the ref to speak to O'Connell if necessary rather than drag O'Driscoll in from outfield.

He's a really impressive guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

I see that TG4 are doing deferred coverage of the Edinburgh game on Friday night (after the Munster match), fair play to them.

Should be a good opportunity for a few of the RWC squad to get back in the saddle with Leinster ahead of the big one the following week.

My team vs Edinburgh:
    Nacewa
    Carr
    McFadden
    Fitzgerald
    D Kearney
    Sexton
    Boss
    VDM
    Cronin
    Hagan
    Cullen
    Sykes
    Ryan
    Jennings
    Ruddock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

R Kearney and reddan might play too.

Healy, bod, sob, heaslip need another week .

Ciaran, I didn't say Auva'a played in the ML final.

I referred to Mafi playing in the ML final, and that Mafi successfully executed the same skip step at the start of a run which Auva'a also uses.
    Sorry I thought you meant aside from doing it on Mafi in the ML final. Brainfart from me when I was reading.

The Kearney/Nacewa situation will be an interesting one. Nacewa was a revelation at FB last season and was key to Leinsters stye of play. I'd rate them fairy equally at FB with Kearney being marginally better under the high ball and having a bigger boot but Nacewa is a far better counterattacker. I'd rate Nacewa as a better wing though, I dont really like Kearney on the wing at all. Have fun with that one Joe.

I think shaggy being injured has solved it for Joe. Rob to fb, isa to 14, and fitz/Carr/McFadden fighting for 11.

Well Nacewa will play this week because Kearney is not on the list of available players.

It will be VERY interesting to see what happens there before the Munster game.

• Advertisement

I heard talk a few months ago that it was recomended that BOD have a shoulder surgery but it was put off because it would have risked his WC availability. Does anyone think he should be sent for surgery now and welcomed back by Leinster and Ireland around the 6 nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I heard talk a few months ago that it was recomended that BOD have a shoulder injury but it was put off because it would have risked his WC availability. Does anyone think he should be sent for surgery now and welcomed back by Leinster and Ireland around the 6 nations.

ha that's makes the rumour far more interesting!

durkadurka wrote: »
    I think shaggy being injured has solved it for Joe. Rob to fb, isa to 14, and fitz/Carr/McFadden fighting for 11.

That'd probably be the most balanced back 3 but I think Schmidt will find it hard to move Nacewa from FB. His counterattacking really defined Leinsters style last season and so much good play flowed from him. Hopefully Schmidt will be able to bring on that aspect of Kearneys game. Would you say Carr is ahead of D. Kearney? I havent seen many of Leinsters games this season so couldnt comment on that one.

ha that's makes the rumour far more interesting!
    sorry fixed

shuffol wrote: »
    That'd probably be the most balanced back 3 but I think Schmidt will find it hard to move Nacewa from FB. His counterattacking really defined Leinsters style last season and so much good play flowed from him. Hopefully Schmidt will be able to bring on that aspect of Kearneys game. Would you say Carr is ahead of D. Kearney? I havent seen many of Leinsters games this season so couldnt comment on that one.

Carrs a bit hot and cold tbh. He's dominated games and been anonymous in others. I agree about nacewa but he has to fit r Kearney in too. Gonna be very interesting when we see the 23 vs munster...

I heard talk a few months ago that it was recomended that BOD have a shoulder surgery but it was put off because it would have risked his WC availability. Does anyone think he should be sent for surgery now and welcomed back by Leinster and Ireland around the 6 nations.

I reckon Marcus Horan should pay for it.

Tuilagi surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

shuffol wrote: »

Carr has been brutal, should have stayed in the West:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

durkadurka wrote: »
    Tuilagi surely

2 minutes in.

Definitely Horan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

around the 30 second mark you see it much better. horan knew what he was doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement