Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

I don't think he intentionally dragged his hand over his face. Treviso obviously don't either.

Well we just have to agree to disagree because there isnt a slightest doubt in my mind he purposely dragged his hand along the face of the other player.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

phog wrote: »
    Well we just have to agree to disagree because there isnt a slightest doubt in my mind he purposely dragged his hand along the face of the other player.

I know where you're coming from. That's what I thought when I first saw it (I think I posted giving out, or at least that was my initial reaction).

But if you watch the video again ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebmbo0KmqLY ) he is looking away when he initially places his hand on the players chin, and is still looking away as he moves his hand towards the Italian's scrum cap, and then finally looks down once he has grabbed the cap. That would make me believe it was accidental. That coupled with the Italian's defense of him are sufficient evidence for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Or he was looking up to make sure nobody saw. :P

I jest I jest, its over and done with now, lets move on.

Edinburgh, here we come!!!!

Any idea what section of the ground Leinster tickets are for? I'm living in Edinburgh this year and want to be with the Leinster fans tomorrow. Can't believe I left my jersey at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any idea what section of the ground Leinster tickets are for? I'm living in Edinburgh this year and want to be with the Leinster fans tomorrow. Can't believe I left my jersey at home!

I'm sure you'll be able to move about, it's hardly a sell-out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

They only open one side of the stadium anyway and everyone congregates in the middle between the 22s.
    Utterly bizzare situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

buck65 wrote: »
    They only open one side of the stadium anyway and everyone congregates in the middle between the 22s.

There's nothing worse than a giant empty stadium.

They should move somewhere small and tight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

durkadurka wrote: »

buck65 wrote: »

It gives a bad impression of the ML too. Also the empty Welsh stadiums are not good. Good to see the Italians getting alot of fans to thier games.

You should have gotten it sent over! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Marvin Gaye raises the most relevant questions about Leinster rugby right now :confused:

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Marvin Gaye raises the most relevant questions about Leinster rugby right now :confused:

too much new stuff , lot of new players, new coach, new system, a few key players injured. Lets not panic.

problem is we have 3 huge games coming up. The season could be over before it starts.

Need to sort the defence out sharpish

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

durkadurka wrote: »

They can't afford to.
    Murrafyfield costs nothing in ground hire. Over an entire season, this is quite a substantial saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Hernandez and Benjamin Fall will miss Racing's clash with Leinster.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/5019_16344.php

If Wisniewski plays he is a brilliant 10 and Hernandez won't be a big loss IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Hernandez and Benjamin Fall will miss Racing's clash with Leinster.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/5019_16344.php

If Wisniewski plays he is a brilliant 10 and Hernandez won't be a big loss IMO.

Hernadez is hands down one of the best players in the world

Hernadez is hands down one of the best players in the world

Not for a while he hasn't. He's been injured a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Hernandez is one of those players, regardless of his form... I would always be very wary of him because the second he's on-song there is very little that can be done to stop him. Wisniewski is a good 10 too, came off though on the weekend, don't know if he was taken off as precaution or was more serious... considering they lost the match I would imagine it was the latter.

Also..Sexton and Jennings should be fit, and Cullen may even feature.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/5135.php?ref=nf

Hernandez is one of those players, regardless of his form... I would always be very wary of him because the second he's on-song there is very little that can be done to stop him. Wisniewski is a good 10 too, came off though on the weekend, don't know if he was taken off as precaution or was more serious... considering they lost the match I would imagine it was the latter.

Wow. Spent all last week praying for Jonny, now I'll have to spend this week doing the same for Leo.

Those two will get so much more out of this team.

Not for a while he hasn't. He's been injured a lot.

What are you basing that on thomond? Without wanting to be condescending how much have you seen of him over the course of his career?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

What are you basing that on thomond? Without wanting to be condescending how much have you seen of him over the course of his career?

I'd say he's basing it on the fact Hernandez does in fact get injured a lot. He only has about 30 Argie caps, and he made his debut in 2003. He signed for the Sharks there last year but then injured himself for the season, hence the Sharks signed Andy Goode.

Saw a lot of him in the Top14 with Stade the season before last and of course at the world cup. A lot of time with Stade he was trying 40 yard DGs a helluva lot and missing the majority of them. Of course he may have been playing to a plan and not allowed to express himself.

His time in Natal was dogged by injury. IIRC he was in and out of the Currie Cup team and he definitely missed the entire Super 14 campaign due to a back injury.

In the world cup he was outstanding. On form he is absolutely brilliant but he hasn't been at his peak for a while now.

That's my 2c anyway.

danthefan wrote: »
    I'd say he's basing it on the fact Hernandez does in fact get injured a lot. He only has about 30 Argie caps, and he made his debut in 2003. He signed for the Sharks there last year but then injured himself for the season, hence the Sharks signed Andy Goode.

Injuries hardly make you a bad player and he passed on a lot of Argie caps due to T14 restrictions. I know where you're both coming from but I think the fact that we've so little of him the past 18 months dulls the memory of his skills.

If I was a leinster fan I'd be delighted he wasn't playing because he has that x factor that so few players have that can be turned on when you least expect it.

Can't agree with the statement of RM not missing him much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

****, Devin Toner is tall - or is Boss small

thebaz wrote: »
    ****, Devin Toner is tall - or is Boss small

Boss is 5'10!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

iirc, Toner and Andries Bekker are the joint tallest professional rugby players, at 6'10.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Hernandez and Fall being out is good news, Wisneski being out would be even better, he really makes them tick. Reckon if he is missing we will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

As I was walking to college today, was passing through the merrion centre, and this HUGE pacific islander was there with a fairly young kid, not fat, but we're talking professional prop-type huge.

I thought it was stan wright, but he was actually bigger. Had a kiwi accent (I think) and was wearing a Leeds Carnegie fleece. It didn't look like a club merchandise one, more like an official team thing that you'd see subs wearing.

Anyone know who this could be? It wasn't Juan Gomez, thanks be to god. I'd die if I saw him within 5 miles of the RDS again :D

edit: obviously i'm not certain he was a pacific islander, but he did have a fairly strong kiwi accent - he asked the kid if he wanted to get a "prisint"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Might have been Fosi Pala'amo.

Did a season or two with Leinster before going to Leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Yep, just did a bit of a google, that looks like him alright. He really was ****ing massive!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Does anyone understand why Jonathon Sexton didn't have placekicking duties for Leinster today.

I think he is better taking penalties and conversions than Nacewa is. Is it just a matter of reducing pressure in Sexton's first game back from injury?

Yep, no need to risk the thigh when isa is an acceptable placekicker. 6 from 9 today i think and a couple of them were very difficult.

• Advertisement

Does anyone understand why Jonathon Sexton didn't have placekicking duties for Leinster today.

I think he is better taking penalties and conversions than Nacewa is. Is it just a matter of reducing pressure in Sexton's first game back from injury?

Sexton has a quad/groin strain atm right? Perhaps the goal kicking action could tweak it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement