Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Team to face Esher:

15: Andrew Conway
    14: Darren Hudson
    13: Brendan Macken
    12: Colm O'Shea
    11: Fionn Carr
    10: Noel Reid
    9: John Cooney

1: Jack O’Connell
    2: Aaron Dundon
    3: Jamie Hagan
    4: Steven Sykes
    5: Mark Flanagan
    6: Ciaran Ruddock
    7: Dominic Ryan CAPTAIN
    8: Leo Auva'a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Tom Sexton
    17: Martin Moore
    18: Ben Marshall
    19: Conor Gilsenan
    20: Luke McGrath
    21: Cathal Marsh
    22: Daniel Riordan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭vinny chase

wixfjord wrote: »
    Team to face Esher:

15: Andrew Conway
    14: Darren Hudson
    13: Brendan Macken
    12: Colm O'Shea
    11: Fionn Carr
    10: Noel Reid
    9: John Cooney

1: Jack O’Connell
    2: Aaron Dundon
    3: Jamie Hagan
    4: Steven Sykes
    5: Mark Flanagan
    6: Ciaran Ruddock
    7: Dominic Ryan CAPTAIN
    8: Leo Auva'a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Tom Sexton
    17: Martin Moore
    18: Ben Marshall
    19: Conor Gilsenan
    20: Luke McGrath
    21: Cathal Marsh
    22: Daniel Riordan

That's a good young side. Would love to see Esher kick a lot of ball down to Andrew Conway. There is some real speed in that backline with Andrew, Fionn Carr, Hudson & Macken. Noel Reid & Colly O'Shea are far from slouches either!

Would have been expecting far more from Sykes; and he really should be laying down a marker at this level. Would love to get a look at Gilsenan & Luke McGrath from the bench too; I thought John Cooney was poor consistently when he got his chance in the firsts at the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

I presume Dave Kearney and Rhys Ruddock have travelled with the main squad as cover? Jordi Murphy injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Have to work tomorrow, will miss live coverage. Any stations showing repeats later?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Mad that Sykes is on this team. Bet he didn't expect to be missing the HEC opener when he signed that dotted line.

That back three will be very quick indeed.

• Advertisement

Glasgow have signed Lemi until end of the season.

Pretty weird team for Bath

Nick Abendanon
    Ollie Woodburn
    Dan Hipkiss
    Matthew Banahan
    Tom Biggs
    Tom Heathcote
    Michael Claassens
    David Flatman
    Ross Batty
    Dave Wilson
    Stuart Hooper
    Ryan Caldwell
    Francois Louw
    Guy Mercer
    Simon Taylor

Kane Palma-Newport
    Charlie Beech
    Anthony Perenise
    Dave Attwood
    Will Spencer
    Mark McMillan
    Stephen Donald
    Sam Vesty

Couple of quality players but overall not much to fear in that.
    I'm sure the backline will be different for us, but it looks distinctly average there, even with Donald and Vesty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Spud83 wrote: »
    Apart from the fact Sexton was on the sidelines, hence Madigan was on the pitch.

Records like that are nice to haves, the only record most people remember or care about is lifting the trophy. Madigan was 100% right to boot the ball out and start the celebrations.

Whoops, forgot about that. Sexton's own fault for missing that penalty for the record anyway.

He was 100% right to kick it out, I'm just being a little silly. Another try would have been nice is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭irishlad_85

Anyone else think that Fionn Carr might be having doubts about his return to leinster? he mightn't get a HEC game this year unless ther are a raft of injuries. Besides the starting team, he still has D. Kearney and Conway ahead of him

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭irishlad_85

Any views on Nathan White over Jamie Hagan? Kidney and IRFU can't be happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Looks like Morris scored today for Leicester.

durkadurka wrote: »

doing really well for himself. Fair balls to the lad, an excellent decision to go and take opportunities available to play regular first team rugby. No shame to not make it at Leinster. There's plenty of guys that will end up regretting not taking similar chances all around the country imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Good for him on his HEC debut to get a full game as well. I hope he is able to establish himself in the first choice XV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Farold

Good for him on his HEC debut to get a full game as well. I hope he is able to establish himself in the first choice XV

McSherry and Morris seem to be doing very well for themselves. They both should have been kept, Leinster need more 12s and McSherry seems well up to HC rugby. Morris would be a great sub that could cover hte entire back 3 and 13.

Farold wrote: »
    McSherry and Morris seem to be doing very well for themselves. They both should have been kept, Leinster need more 12s and McSherry seems well up to HC rugby. Morris would be a great sub that could cover hte entire back 3 and 13.

They're both going to flourish from exposure to regular first team rugby. We couldn't offer either of them that.

They're both going to flourish from exposure to regular first team rugby. We couldn't offer either of them that.

I think D'arcy should be edged out. In such a scenario McSherry would have gotten lots of gametime. Your right about Morris though.

Yep Morris was making the odd appearance during international windows, he was miles down the pecking order, and I suppose the imminent return of Carr must have been the last straw for him. Leinster offered him a contract but he wanted to play.

The AIL isn't a breeding ground of future stars that it could be and players need first team game time. McSherry was lingering in the subacademy and Morris was competing with D Kearney and Conway to get into the team when top players were rested.

Hopefully we get one of them back when they reach the top of their game and can force their way into the HEC XV
    Yep Morris was making the odd appearance during international windows, he was miles down the pecking order, and I suppose the imminent return of Carr must have been the last straw for him. Leinster offered him a contract but he wanted to play.

If you remember last year Carr announced that he was leaving Connacht but failed to negotiate a deal with Leinster. He looked around for a contract somewhere else and when Morris announced he was leaving Carr suddenly had another offer to come back to Leinster

I thought carr's return predated morris' departure ? Anyway his decision has been vindicated so far.

He strikes me as another big ugly shaggy but some say he's the new geordan.

He's a fairly decent strike rate anyhow.

I thought carr's return predated morris' departure ? Anyway his decision has been vindicated so far.

The only reason that people are saying he is the new geordan is because he has moved off to Leicster and is a back three player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

He's a big lad and a solicitor... so I'm target my slander at someone else if I were you... :D

Leinster won 32-18 in the B&I Cup.

ambid wrote: »
    He's a big lad and a solicitor... so I'm target my slander at someone else if I were you... :D

It's only slander if it's not true;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

McSharry was plucked from UCD, he wasn't in the Leinster academy when we got him, similiar to Carr.

McSharry was plucked from UCD, he wasn't in the Leinster academy when we got him, similiar to Carr.

Thats what I mean, he was a part of the Leinster sub academy and didn't get his contract renewed because he was injured for a year. Leinster should have kept him. You are aware that McSharry has been involved with the Leinster set up for years? Connacht didnt simply pluck him out of the AIL as his first professional club. Theres a good video on youtube of his highlights playing with Leinster youths, cant find it currently but maybe someone could post it.

Eh? Carr had played for Leinster in the ML.

wixfjord wrote: »
    Eh? Carr had played for Leinster in the ML.

This is true actually!

Interesting to see all three of blackrocks back three from about 5 years ago playing HEC today. Got to be some sort of record. Fitz, Morris and artemiev.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Hype710

In terms of changes for next week I think a move to midfield is unlikely for Fitzgerald, even though many of us would like to see it. Cronin may have done enough to get the 2 jersey, to reward him for his great impact and keep Strauss on his toes.

15 Kearney
    14 Nacewa
    13 McFadden
    12 D'arcy
    11 Fitzgerald
    10 Sexton
    9 Reddan
    8 Heaslip
    7 Jennings
    6 O' Brien
    5 Toner
    4 Cullen
    3 Ross
    2 Cronin
    1 Healy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Personally I was really disappointed with McFadden. He showed little to no attacking threat and I feel like without BOD, our defense will be seriously tested. When EOM was given a game against Clermont he really stood up, and I feel like McFadden just didn't do that today. Maybe I'm being overly critical, but I would consider playing EOM or Fitz at 13 instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement