Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭fitz

Mike Ross won't be making the match day squads so he'll be free to play the Magners League.

You really think Kidney will leave Ross out of the AI's?
    Those are the last "non-competitive" games available to give international experience to our likely world cup tightheads, Ross and Buckley.
    Both have to be played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

fitz wrote: »
    You really think Kidney will leave Ross out of the AI's?

Yes.

Can't see it happening.
    I'll despair if it does...

danthefan wrote: »
    Yes.

There is just no way Kidney can leave out Ross. Hayes will be verging on 38 come the world cup.

There is just no way Kidney can leave out Ross. Hayes will be verging on 38 come the world cup.

Kidney selected Hayes to start in the summer, as of that point he clearly saw Hayes as his TH for the RWC. It remains to be seen whether that's changed now but I would not be slightly surprised to see him ahead of Ross.

• Advertisement

Kidney selected Hayes to start in the summer, as of that point he clearly saw Hayes as his TH for the RWC.

Back when Ross wasn't getting game time at Leinster?
    A lot has changed since then tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Kidney selected Hayes to start in the summer, as of that point he clearly saw Hayes as his TH for the RWC. It remains to be seen whether that's changed now but I would not be slightly surprised to see him ahead of Ross.

there's no justification for Hayes or Horan to be involved this Autumn, Buckley, Healy, Ross, Court and Jamie Hagan have all stepped up and are ahead of Hayes and Horan.

I just hope Kidney realises with WC 12 months away its imperative for these props to start banking international rugby experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭ongarite

Any word on what caused Fitzgerald to go off injured in the 2nd half?

ongarite wrote: »
    Any word on what caused Fitzgerald to go off injured in the 2nd half?

Bruised hip.
    bamboozle wrote: »
    there's no justification for Hayes or Horan to be involved this Autumn

I agree, I hope you don't think I'm arguing in favour of Hayes' inclusion in the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

€10 tickets for Clermont Game in the Aviva for one hour tomorrow:

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/5204.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

They sold out in about 3 minutes. I got some. Nice.

Nabbed 6 myself. Is Row A in block 512 very front row of the block, or is that AA?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

fitz wrote: »
    Nabbed 6 myself. Is Row A in block 512 very front row of the block, or is that AA?
    Row A is the front yeah.

Teferi wrote: »
    They sold out in about 3 minutes. I got some. Nice.

Any spare?

I may be home in time...

Also - Bump this thread, not enough Leinster on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Any spare?

I may be home in time...

Also - Bump this thread, not enough Leinster on the front page.

Sorry man, just the pair for me and my Dad. Have a ticket spare for the Irish training on Monday if your home though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Tommy Boew will start in an otherwise all Leinster backline v South Africa.

Excited to see how they get on. Have to say I'm disapointed with the representation of only 2 in the pack. I think Ross can feel hard done by to not even make the bench, and Toner losing out to Mick O'Driscoll is comical, should have been between himself, Cullen & Ryan for starting birth, with one on the bench.

I also think either Leamy or O'Brien should have started at 7 with the other on the bench. All in all though, 8 out of 15 starters in the national team is probably the most Leinster have had in a long time. Personally I think it should be 10 of 15 with either Toner or Cullen starting and either Ross or O'Brien getting in there too.

I really really hope Reddan has a decent game this weekend. He, we (Leinster) and we (Ireland) need it badly.

I'm getting sick to death of himself and Boss swapping the supersub role.

Why don't we just start with # 21 instead of 9 at scrumhalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Tommy Boew will start in an otherwise all Leinster backline v South Africa.

Excited to see how they get on. Have to say I'm disapointed with the representation of only 2 in the pack. I think Ross can feel hard done by to not even make the bench, and Toner losing out to Mick O'Driscoll is comical, should have been between himself, Cullen & Ryan for starting birth, with one on the bench.

I also think either Leamy or O'Brien should have started at 7 with the other on the bench. All in all though, 8 out of 15 starters in the national team is probably the most Leinster have had in a long time. Personally I think it should be 10 of 15 with either Toner or Cullen starting and either Ross or O'Brien getting in there too.

Interesting that the starting Leinster XV is arguably better than the starting Ireland XV, I know I'd find it hard which to pick. And if you consider Strauss as the project player he is, that Leinster XV has only two non Irish players: Hines and Isa.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Interesting that the starting Leinster XV is arguably better than the starting Ireland XV, I know I'd find it hard which to pick. And if you consider Strauss as the project player he is, that Leinster XV has only two non Irish players: Hines and Isa.

Dream on :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

phog wrote: »
    Dream on :rolleyes:

Not far off though in fairness!

Strauss v Best
    Ross v Buckley
    Hines v. MOD
    Cullen v. DOC
    Jennings v. Ferris
    Wallace v. SOB
    Isa v. Bowe

In my opinion, second rows are far better, SOB is currently better, Strauss is currently better, Ross and Buckley is fairly even overall, each with their own strengths, and the other two are Ireland. Not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Strauss v Best - Best is better.
    Ross v Buckley - Buckley
    Hines v. MOD - Hines
    Cullen v. DOC - Cullen but he is injured
    Jennings v. Ferris - Ferris
    Wallace v. SOB - Wallace is proven world class. SOB has world class potential.
    Isa v. Bowe - Bowe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

profitius wrote: »
    Ross v Buckley - Buckley
    Hines v. MOD - Hines
    Isa v. Bowe - Bowe

Makes sense.

SOB is miles better than Wallace at the minute. Proven generally means past it when a player is not BOD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Ross v Buckley - Buckley
    Hines v. MOD - Hines
    Isa v. Bowe - Bowe

Wallace is a spent force, no way he's anything close to world class anymore. He wouldn't even make the bench for some people, myself included (and nothing to do with Munster).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

wixfjord wrote: »
    Not far off though in fairness!

Strauss v Best
    Ross v Buckley
    Hines v. MOD
    Cullen v. DOC
    Jennings v. Ferris
    Wallace v. SOB
    Isa v. Bowe

In my opinion, second rows are far better, SOB is currently better, Strauss is currently better, Ross and Buckley is fairly even overall, each with their own strengths, and the other two are Ireland. Not bad!

Wouldn't entirely agree with you, I'd give you Hines V MOD, possibly Wallace V SOB but that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Wallace is a spent force, no way he's anything close to world class anymore. He wouldn't even make the bench for some people, myself included (and nothing to do with Munster).

unfortunately, it looks like this spent force will be wearing the 7 jersey come the world cup.

it still annoys me to think Heaslip and Kearney were left behind for the last WC and i can see more ridiculous selections for next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Username37

phog wrote: »
    Wouldn't entirely agree with you, I'd give you Hines V MOD, possibly Wallace V SOB but that's it.

Strauss on current form is also the best hooker in the country. I really hope he plays for Ireland in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

tolosenc wrote: »

Makes sense.

SOB is miles better than Wallace at the minute. Proven generally means past it when a player is not BOD.

Your opinions folks. Wallace was rested for many games, came on as sub against London Irish and made a charge up the pitch (that no other player did) to set up position for Munster to get the bonus point. I don't see any evidence that Wallace has lost any speed or strength.

You might be big SOB fans but theres no need to talk down other players if he's not picked.

By the way, location Cork. Yeah I'm the same person who questioned Corkman DOC's automatic place in the team as well as MOD as well as ROG so its a weak argument to say I'm being biased because I'm from Cork/Munster.

Take it to the sob vs leamy thread.

Decorum please fellows. Let's try not bleed conversation topics into other threads too much.

On a side note, forums need to integrate the ignoring of posts containing quotes of people on your ignore list. I also wish it would not tell me 'this post is hidden cause xxx is on your ignore list'.

Would make browsing here far easier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Wallace was rested for many games, came on as sub against London Irish and made a charge up the pitch (that no other player did) to set up position for Munster to get the bonus point. I don't see any evidence that Wallace has lost any speed or strength.

Jaysus its amazing the mileage that one run is getting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Username37

Jaysus its amazing the mileage that one run is getting!

Ha its actually incredible. I reckon had Wallace gotten three consecutive MOTM performances like O'Brien did we'd probably never hear the end of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement