Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

The first parts of Leinster's new purpose built facility in UCD are now being finished and ready to use. Click on the photos to enlarge.

http://www.3rddimension.ie/news/leinster-rugby-gym/

The gym is seriously impressive. According to Jackass on LF, it has been modelled on Chelsea's set up with NFL set ups providing some input too. With the new administrative centre in the old Phillips building on the way, Leinster really are moving forward off the pitch as much as they are on it.

Interestingly, the set up is going to contain cryotherapy units which I previously didn't know. I think in the top right of the second photo you can see the team video analysis area on the upper level.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

GerM wrote: »
    Yup, good side. However, take out their 7 or so internationals and they're nowhere near as good. To be honest, I'll be very disappointed if we don't get 4 points. We'll have 3 or 4 of our internationals involved and home advantage. Hope we have a cut at them and throw it around a bit if we're in front.

Ah, forgot about the Wales game. That makes things much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hagz wrote: »
    Just recently back from injury. Played in the last two A games and was impressive. Tore it up in one of them.
    Injured again apparently (minor knock against Melrose) was likely to be selected for Treviso but for injury

Supposedly from Edinburgh Munster Treviso Cardiff and the first 4 HEC games Irish internationals (who were in the WC squad) can only play 6 full games. If someone wants to work out who has time available to play 2 HEC games and Cardiff I'm sure they will be able to figure out the team for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I've not heard or seen anything positive from Sykes yet, and he's had issues. He'll be given plenty of time I'm sure to earn a shot at the team, but he's had a bad start.

Yeah, he's been back since the week before the HC games. Just hasn't been picked. People on here have said that he has a bit of an attitude problem and isn't settling in properly, so isn't being picked. Who knows.

He'll be given time though. He looked like a great player back in SA and was brought over for a reason.

Good interview with McFadden this morning.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/1129/1224308280102.html

He's not giving up the 13 jersey without a fight. Also some interesting comments from Feek on Hagan. He's making progress and Feek is complimentary in relation to him highlighting that he's learning as he goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Did anyone else apply for the 6N lottery tickets through their Season Ticket account? The draw was on the 28th I think but still haven't heard anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

.ak wrote: »
    Did anyone else apply for the 6N lottery tickets through their Season Ticket account? The draw was on the 28th I think but still haven't heard anything...

Confusingly, the email said that the draw was happening on "Tuesday, November 28th" so I don't know whether actually meant Monday November 28th or Tuesday, November 29th.

I haven't got any notice yet one way or the other

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Confusingly, the email said that the draw was happening on "Tuesday, November 28th" so I don't know whether actually meant Monday November 28th or Tuesday, November 29th.

I haven't got any notice yet one way or the other

Me neither, but I live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Article on RTE with some positive quotes from Leo Cullen on BOD recovery post neck operation.
    Leinster captain Leo Cullen says he is surprised at the progress made by Brian O'Driscoll, who underwent surgery on his neck just 12 days ago.

Speaking on RTÉ Radio, the double Heineken Cup-winning captain said: "He was in there [with Leinster] yesterday. He only had surgery just under two weeks ago. I was surprised when I saw him because he has no neck brace or anything.

"He has a small scar on his neck. He's up and about, there are no issues. Obviously, he's just got to start back on the road to rehab."

The 33-year-old added that the Ireland captain had been carrying the injury - a trapped nerve in his neck - for some time and had been curtailing his contact training so not to aggravate the problem.

"He's gone for surgery but he has carried that knock for quite a long time. You wouldn't necessarily see it when he plays but he has catered himself in training so he doesn't get another bang, doesn't get that 'stinger' sensation.

"His is a different problem, more stemming from his neck, obviously a disc fusion there. He looks great now after getting it done. I'm sure he'll be back," added Cullen.

RTE Sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

He's a bloody superman when it comes to recovery. Best of luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

He'll be back for the Six Nations, so!

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure he's part divine entity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Apparently nearly 37000 tickets sold for the Bath game, that is seriously good going with two weeks to go IMO. Thought they would have stuggled badly with this one myself.

Spud83 wrote: »
    Apparently nearly 37000 tickets sold for the Bath game, that is seriously good going with two weeks to go IMO. Thought they would have stuggled badly with this one myself.

If they get over 40k I'm happy. Atmosphere will be great.

I only bought my tickets this week and I'm sure there are plenty more only buying now. With it being the week before Christmas there will be a lot of people happy to go along for a bit of fun and as a start to a night out. I would say we're looking at 45k for this which would be a fantastic turn out for opposition that aren't exactly a big draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Got my ticket about a month ago. Took an extra day of paid leave to catch this! Fly in Friday night. Feels like aaaages since I've seen Leinster live. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

tolosenc wrote: »
    He'll be back for the Six Nations, so!

Seriously though, I'm pretty sure he's part divine entity.

On the 7th day, BOD did create man
    On the 8th day BOD won a Grand Slam and 2 Heiniken cups
    On the 9th day he rested. (He claimed injury to appear normal in the eyes of mortals.)

On the 10th day BOD returned rejuvinated and bod help all the bash merchants that have sprung up in his absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

From newstalk.ie

BOD: I’ve got one big season left

Brian O’Driscoll says he’s still hoping to be back playing for Leinster before the end of the season. The Ireland captain has already been ruled-out of the upcoming Six Nations after undergoing surgery on a neck injury that had been toubling him for almost a year. There have been calls for the 32-year-old to consider is future, amid fears that he could end up suffering lasting damage to his body. But, speaking tonight on ‘Off the Ball’ on Newstalk, O’Driscoll says that he’s determined to return as strong as ever. “Just a little over two weeks, since I went under the knife. Feeling pretty good, movement is coming back and it’s just going to be a slow process, so I just have to have a bit of patience,” O’Driscoll said of the injury. The Ireland, Leinster and Lions centre has confirmed that he’s still hoping to be back playing domestic rugby before the end of the season and says he’s got no plans to retire just yet: “I don’t really listen to anyone other than those that are relevent to it – myself, my family and coaches. As long as the desire is still there in me and the buzz for playing is still there and the body is still up to it, I’m going to continue playing. Irrespective of what is written. You know, people are talking about trying to protect the reputation or any of that…I wouldn’t continue playing if I felt I deteriorated so much that I wasn’t doing myself justice or doing the way that I played in the past justice. I still feel that I’ve certainly got a really big year in me next year. If I get to play a little bit more at the end of this year [season) then fantastic. But I really feel as though I've got the hunger and ambition in me still to get really fit and really strong." O'Driscoll added that he's still got his eyes on one last major achievement: "With a bit of luck, have one last hurrah, you know a big year, and then know when to call it quits. But listen, I don't know, maybe in a year's time I'll go 'no no, I'm not ready yet'!"

Brian O'Driscoll: "I've certainly got a really big year in me next year"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He made a couple of interesting points in the interview.

He said he wasn't doing any contact training during the World Cup because of his shoulder. I can't remember if he said he was before it but I don't think so. If during training the team was to do some rucking or tackling he would do some fitness work instead. He said he was holding back a little in the early games but got stuck in fully, or as much as he could, during the Wales game.

He also said he hasn't done much upper body fitness/weights work in the last 3 years because of various shoulder problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Link to the interview?

Morf wrote: »
    Link to the interview?

http://www.newstalk.ie/programmes/all/offtheball/listen-back/
    It was in part 2 of the show

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

Saw on LF that the draw is done, so if we haven't heard by now, well.
    http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20821&p=459553#p459553

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭EKClarke

I'm having a very hard time trying to buy a ticket from the Leinster website for the Cardiff match today. Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kennedmc

not sure re website but I think you can normally get tickets at Spar in Donnybrook

EKClarke wrote: »
    I'm having a very hard time trying to buy a ticket from the Leinster website for the Cardiff match today. Any help?
    I can't see it on the website either, link says tickets on sale here but when you click on it brings you to Bath and Ulster games

EKClarke wrote: »

It won't be sold out TBH. Just get down early... Especially if you're looking for North/South stand.

I was bringing my missus and just found out she won tickets. That means 4 pints of extra Guinness for me. Result.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I can't see it on the website either, link says tickets on sale here but when you click on it brings you to Bath and Ulster games

I got it when I clicked on the link just now...

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004705C6764F97?camefrom=CFC_IE_CLI_LEINSTER_RUGBY_SPCARDIFF&brand=ie_leinster

molloyjh wrote: »
    Thanks the tickets are still on sale ONLINE HERE,link is the problem in here http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/9018.php

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Thanks the tickets are still on sale ONLINE HERE,link is the problem in here http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/matchcentre/9018.php

Ah, I just used the splash page.

Hope it's not too wet tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hey I have a spare ticket, I cant make it, I can transfer I think from Ticketmaster? anyone want me to keep my spot in terrace warm?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Sorry guys, no good, says it cant be forwarded!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement