Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

Laika1986 wrote: »
    Well lads could anyone tell what's the oldest age for a child's ticket?

I sent an email to Leinster a few months ago asking the same question, apparently you're good all the way up to 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Good to see the ticket sales have passed 45k.. Hope the attendance is up there to break the record... Without the Game of Throne-esque winter conditions we might be allright.

Also, anyone else think that Eoin Reddan's eyebrows are actually sentient beings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

To be honest my nuts have still not defrosted fully after clermont past year.

The cold spread to my special place.

We got back to the pub after and spent a half hour disrobing. We all had about nineteen layers on.

Big win though, after grabbing a losing bp the week before minus bod and dorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

.ak wrote: »
    Good to see the ticket sales have passed 45k.. Hope the attendance is up there to break the record... Without the Game of Throne-esque winter conditions we might be allright.

Also, anyone else think that Eoin Reddan's eyebrows are actually sentient beings?

Fairly sure we're not looking at a couple of years of winter while being besieged by zombies and wraiths.

At least I hope not.

Cian Healy tweeted something yesterday about having a terrible day. Does anyone have the inside scoop on whether he's playing tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

durkadurka wrote: »
    Cian Healy tweeted something yesterday about having a terrible day. Does anyone have the inside scoop on whether he's playing tomorrow?

Indeed, I spotted the same thing on Balls.ie.
    Would be a very interesting one if he didn't start.

Really looking forward to what Joe throws up this week tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

wixfjord wrote: »
    durkadurka wrote: »

Indeed, I spotted the same thing on Balls.ie.
    Would be a very interesting one if he didn't start.

Really looking forward to what Joe throws up this week tbh.

I'd be shocked if (injury permitting) Joe didn't go with

CH, RS, MR, DT, LC, KmcL, SoB, JH
    RK, IN, EoM, GD, LF, ER, JS

A team announced for London Welsh:

15: David Kearney
    14: Andrew Conway
    13: Brendan Macken
    12: Colm O’Shea
    11: Fionn Carr
    10: Noel Reid
    9: John Cooney

1: Jack McGrath CAPTAIN
    2: Aaron Dundon
    3: Jamie Hagan
    4: Neilus Keogh
    5: Mark Flanagan
    6: Ben Marshall
    7: Jordi Murphy
    8: Leo Auva’a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Tom Sexton
    17: Jack O’Connell
    18: Jordan Coghlan
    19: Conor Gilsenan
    20: Luke McGrath
    21: Cathal Marsh
    22: Darren Hudson

Carr should never have come back east. Hagan well below the fitness needed too, hope he's working hard, because I like him, he's got a distance to go, but I think he's at the right place.

: sigh :

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Has Ben Marshall played Flanker before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

A team announced for London Welsh:

15: David Kearney
    14: Andrew Conway
    13: Brendan Macken
    12: Colm O’Shea
    11: Fionn Carr
    10: Noel Reid
    9: John Cooney

1: Jack McGrath CAPTAIN
    2: Aaron Dundon
    3: Jamie Hagan
    4: Neilus Keogh
    5: Mark Flanagan
    6: Ben Marshall
    7: Jordi Murphy
    8: Leo Auva’a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Tom Sexton
    17: Jack O’Connell
    18: Jordan Coghlan
    19: Conor Gilsenan
    20: Luke McGrath
    21: Cathal Marsh
    22: Darren Hudson[/QUOTE]

Delighted to see Conway starting, class player, he'll give Carr a run for his money! Kearney at 15 is interesting!

errlloyd wrote: »
    Has Ben Marshall played Flanker before?

yup, is a pretty decent 8 when I've seen him play there too. Big powerful lad with good hands.

Dare I say it, I might be 3 years early with this statement, but a player in the Hines mould.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Strong team announced:

Leinster: R Kearney; I Nacewa, E O’Malley, F McFadden, L Fitzgerald; J Sexton, E Reddan; H van der Merwe, R Strauss, M Ross; L Cullen (capt), D Toner; S O’Brien, S Jennings, J Heaslip. Replacements: S Cronin, C Healy, N White, K McLaughlin, R Ruddock, I Boss, I Madigan, G D’Arcy.

D'Arcy benched! Must be one of his first times being in the 22 and not starting in years if not months!

Delighted with the BR and subs, we don't need a real second row on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Exciting team! can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

D'Arcy benched! Must be one of his first times being in the 22 and not starting in years if not months!

Got a minor niggle in training during the week apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Love seeing Jennings back, with SOB at 7. Nice looking centre partnership, good to see Ruddock on the bench too. Incredibly strong bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Love seeing Jennings back, with SOB at 7. Nice looking centre partnership, good to see Ruddock on the bench too. Incredibly strong bench.
    SOB at 6 surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Looks like Fitz is consigned to the wing ... wd far rather see him than McFadden at 12. Delighted Reddan is starting, will be a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

Really interesting section on the Last Word (Today FM) on the Leinster match. Brendan Fanning of the Irish Independent compared the two Leinster centres and thought McFadden is best at 13 and is a much better prospect than O'Malley. Frankie Sheehan disagreed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

ambid wrote: »
    Really interesting section on the Last Word (Today FM) on the Leinster match. Brendan Fanning of the Irish Independent compared the two Leinster centres and thought McFadden is best at 13 and is a much better prospect than O'Malley. Frankie Sheehan disagreed.

Was listening to that, he also said EOM was bigger than McFadden, it was if he had the two of them mixed up imo.

danthefan wrote: »
    Was listening to that, he also said EOM was bigger than McFadden, it was if he had the two of them mixed up imo.

Yeah I was thinking that myself, but it'd be a pretty bad mistake for a rugby journalist to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

They'll be talking about the rugby on Newstalk in a minute or two also.

danthefan wrote: »
    They'll be talking about the rugby on Newstalk in a minute or two also.

Cheers. Any excuse to switch off Mark Lawrenson and his "jokes" :P

He was a great player but is a terrible pundit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jasper11

newstalk off the ball rocks for ex pats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Aside from his return from the broken arm where he spent a game or two being eased back in from his year out, the last time he was dropped was in the DK season when Contepomi and BOD were the preferred partnership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Wondeer what's going on with Healy...

Somethings up with him alright...just the niggly arse injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jasper11

bannahan wil be big test for o malley in more ways than one. also wonderng is healy not fully fit?

• Advertisement

Brendan Fanning on Today FM earlier on talking about O Malley and McFadden seemed to get the two of them mixed up completely, or else was talking out of his arse.
    Another of our esteemed media without a clue about our players.

Basically said that McFadden was better at 13, had quick feet, not a big man.
    Said that O Malley was a chunkier individual and a bit stronger.

Not a clue.

Listen here: http://media.todayfm.com/podcasts/popup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement