Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I guess not even Paddy Power would take this bet:
    To whom it concerns,

Would you please be able to quote me odds on the following market, in the Heineken Cup fixture between Glasgow and Leinster on Sunday 15th January 2012:

"Sean O'Brien to do something absolutely sensational"

Regards,
    Neil.
    Hi Neil,

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.

Unfortunately, we do not have any prices to offer on this market.

If you have any further queries please click here to avail of our Live Help

Kind Regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

HAha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Ask for odds on Leinster play causing a sky commentator to ejaculate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

durkadurka wrote: »
    Ask for odds on Leinster play causing a sky commentator to ejaculate.

I sit like 13 feet from the tv and certain Leinster plays have made me ejaculate on sky commentators. This mainly happens during analysis because I can't handle the slow motion, different angles, and repeated glory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

:confused:

eh sorry, wrong forum.......ammmmm......... good luck with your personal issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Anyone here anything on how long luke is out for?

I'm hearing he is out for the season with a neck injury

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Heard the same.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ah jesus I hope he isn't... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Can't see us getting past a semi with so many backs missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

The only guaranteed starter missing is BOD, its hardly a crippling inury list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

durkadurka wrote: »
    Can't see us getting past a semi with so many backs missing

Don't be such a pessimist. Wings aplenty.

shuffol wrote: »
    The only guaranteed starter missing is BOD, its hardly a crippling inury list

O'Driscoll and Fitzgerald, our two best defenders.

But still. We should play McFadden on the wing. I still think we can win a Heineken Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

conway and kearney are the business and i would have no problem with them taking the place of horgan and fitzgerald on the wings. we also have rob kearney in at full back who we didnt have last year. keep the faith

toner played excellent rugby today against glasgow. its a tough call for kidney but i think he has to start for ireland now.

Anyone here anything on how long luke is out for?

I'm hearing he is out for the season with a neck injury

poor old fitzgerald has had such a hard time of it recently after having such an over hyped easy time when he first was starting for leinster a few years ago. hopefully he comes through it all and his true quality shines once again

O'Driscoll and Fitzgerald, our two best defenders.

But still. We should play McFadden on the wing. I still think we can win a Heineken Cup.

Yea but he's talking about a HEC semi, all fitz has is a sore backside and crick in his neck, I'm sure both injuries will have recovered by April

... and Shaggy.

If Fitzy is injured then our backs should be as follows for the Quarter...

10. Sexton
    11. Nacewa (always work better in space)
    12. Darce
    13. EoM
    14. McFadden
    15. R. Kearney

22. Madigan
    23. D. Kearney (solid cover)

Ofcourse it depends who we meet in the Q4 and if it's away or home.

darcy and omalley centre partnership is very weak defensively. prefer to have mcfadden at 12 even though hes hardly a monstrous hitter but his defense is more solid than darcys

roycon wrote: »
    conway and kearney are the business and i would have no problem with them taking the place of horgan and fitzgerald on the wings. we also have rob kearney in at full back who we didnt have last year. keep the faith

toner played excellent rugby today against glasgow. its a tough call for kidney but i think he has to start for ireland now.

Conway is the business, but I wouldn't want him playing for us in a quarter final.

Shaggy isnt a guaranteed starter, its a great place to be if you're complaining about a back 3 of Kearney, Fitz and Nacewa

Yea especially since nobody else is really putting their hands up.

• Advertisement

Shaggy isnt a guaranteed starter, its a great place to be if you're complaining about a back 3 of Kearney, Fitz and Nacewa

We're not though!

You're missing the point of the conversation, Fitz is rumoured to be out for the season.

.ak wrote: »
    Conway is the business, but I wouldn't want him playing for us in a quarter final.

He has to be trusted some time! I agree it's unlikely, but I'd love to see it.

darcy and omalley centre partnership is very weak defensively. prefer to have mcfadden at 12 even though hes hardly a monstrous hitter but his defense is more solid than darcys

True, Darce can be hot and cold these days, but he can put in decent stopping tackles, Ferg has a habit of throwing all his weight into the tackle and taking his feet of the ground, so it rarely stops a player in their tracks.

So I'm not 100% convinced McFadden is more solid defensively. In the long run I'd want to see McFadden and EoM develop a partnership in the midfield, it looks very promising. But for the big games this season Schmidt will always play Darce, so that leaves the wing selection if Luke isn't right. Baby Kearns is solid, but I can't see him starting a quarter final... And I definately wouldn't want Carr there either.

We're not though!

You're missing the point of the conversation, Fitz is rumoured to be out for the season.

Eh??? Since when, if thats the case then that is a big loss

Edit: Just saw the other posts, apologies, thats rotten luck on Fitz

He has to be trusted some time! I agree it's unlikely, but I'd love to see it.

Me too, but not during a H-Cup quarter final. He needs to get the 23 shirt for a couple of HEC games first. I think we'll see Conway and Hudson starting for the B&I quarter final next week, hopefully get some big games in the pro12 next season, and with any luck they'll both get a few bench spots in the H-Cup next year.

The idea that McFadden is any more solid defensively than Gordon D'Arcy is laughable tbh. D'Arcy makes a few blunders, but McFadden consistently misses tackles as well.

Eh??? Since when, if thats the case then that is a big loss

That's what we're talking about - Fitzy is rumoured to be out for the season now with his neck thingy.

.ak wrote: »
    Me too, but not during a H-Cup quarter final. He needs to get the 23 shirt for a couple of HEC games first. I think we'll see Conway and Hudson starting for the B&I quarter final next week, hopefully get some big games in the pro12 next season, and with any luck they'll both get a few bench spots in the H-Cup next year.

if theres a position where you can throw someone in for a quarter final its on the wing in my opinion. kearney,conway and carr are all about equally likely to be picked.

if theres a position where you can throw someone in for a quarter final its on the wing in my opinion. kearney,conway and carr are all about equally likely to be picked.

I think it's an important defensive position. McFadden holds his own well on the wing. D. Kearney is questionable when it comes to tackles in the same way his brother is, Carr has been improving but is still quite poor in defence... Actually Conway is the bigger tackler of the three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The idea that McFadden is any more solid defensively than Gordon D'Arcy is laughable tbh. D'Arcy makes a few blunders, but McFadden consistently misses tackles as well.
    I could be wrong but I only notice that when McFadden is at 13 where he makes positioning mistakes and tends to be in the wrong place to make tackles. His defense is much better at 11, 12, or 14

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement