Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

.ak wrote: »
    Nice team but considering injures I'd like to see....

1. Van Der Merwe
    2. Strauss
    3. White
    4. Browne
    5. Toner
    6. McLoughlin
    7. Jennings (capt)
    8. Auva'a

9. Boss
    10. Madigan
    11. Carr
    12. O'Shea
    13. Macken
    14. Conway (LR said possible, if not Hudson)
    15. Nacewa

16. Dundon 17. McGrath 18. Hagan 19. Flanagan 20. Gilsenan/Ryan 21. Cooney 22. Reid 23. Marsh

Changes bolded.
    Team for tomorrow is out, massive night for Colm O'Shea:

15: Isa Nacewa
    14: Darren Hudson
    13: Brendan Macken
    12: Colm O'Shea
    11: Fionn Carr
    10: Ian Madigan
    9: Isaac Boss

1: Heinke van der Merwe
    2: Richardt Strauss
    3: Nathan White
    4: Damian Browne
    5: Devin Toner
    6: Kevin McLaughlin CAPTAIN
    7: Shane Jennings
    8: Leo Auva'a

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Tom Sexton
    17: Jack McGrath
    18: Jamie Hagan
    19: Mark Flanagan
    20: Jordi Murphy
    21: John Cooney
    22: Noel Reid
    23: Andrew Boyle

A seriously strong pack there.

I know... I'm scared too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

I know... I'm scared too.

you got the captain wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

young, eager and talented.

That's all we need to know at this stage.

Can't wait to see the difference between the starting tight 5 and the subs, hopefully there'll be little to no difference in ability.

i've seen him play a fair bit with clontarf, he's a 12 similar to D'arcy, about 5'10, well built (but still needs to put on 4 or 5 kilos) great strength and power, good defence and strong passing & kicking game.

this will be a serious step up for him and playing alongside an inexperienced 13 wont help, although they've played together a bit for the A's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭roycon

collie oshea is like a slightly faster and slightly bigger omalley. used to be a scrum half and outhalf when he was younger. won an sct with tom sexton and michael keating.hes a great passer and defender but maybe he could do with being bigger and breaking more tackles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

14 point lead in the Pro 12 sure Ospreys have a game in hand but its still a damn impressive lead. While the schedule contains a few tough away trips I think Leinster are pretty much a lock for home final should they win the semi

Scarlets (H) 6N
    Warriors (A) 6N
    Aironi (A) 6N
    Ospreys (H)
    Munster (A)
    Edinburgh (H)
    Ulster (A)
    Dragons (A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

14 point lead in the Pro 12 sure Ospreys have a game in hand but its still a damn impressive lead. While the schedule contains a few tough away trips I think Leinster are pretty much a lock for home final should they win the semi

Scarlets (H) 6N
    Warriors (A) 6N
    Aironi (A) 6N
    Ospreys (H)
    Munster (A)
    Edinburgh (H)
    Ulster (A)
    Dragons (A)

Yeah Glasgow away looks like the only nasty game during the 6n.
    Aironi wiull be without loads of players and Scarlets wont do much in RDS next week.

Should give us enough for that tricky run in where we could easily lose a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

4 tricky away games. Glasgow wont be as affected by us by 6 nations, and firhill / scotland is an awful and tough destination, never easy to win in Italy, and ulster and especially munster away will be extremely difficult debies, very tough home game v ospreys and dragons away, last game of the regular season, nothing to lose and in party pooping mood....

Scarlets and Edinburgh at home we should win, no excuses, the rest are all very tough games.

Keep the heads lads, we're not there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Last night was the first time in a while that I wasn't at the RDS and I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't make it.

Was anyone else impressed with Brendan Macken? This was the best I've seen him play for Leinster. I can see where the hype is coming from. He was solid in defence and made 2 very good breaks. It was an impressive performance for an inexperienced centre in a team missing about 10 first team players.

He was pretty average at the start of the season but he was playing out of position at 12 for a few of those games. He's definitely a much better 13. I can see why some of my mates rate him so highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Missed this because of it being during the week (not to mention a 4am kick off for me!).

Dammit, it looks like I missed a good showing from Leinster. What were the main highlights? Did Madigan show any game control/kicking? How did the two centres fair?

Missed this because of it being during the week (not to mention a 4am kick off for me!).

Dammit, it looks like I missed a good showing from Leinster. What were the main highlights? Did Madigan show any game control/kicking? How did the two centres fair?

Mads had a great day at the office. Delivered some delicious long, cut-outs to the wings that set up a few tries. Scored one of his trademark inside-step tries. But most impressively his kicking from hand was sublime. He added the distance of his place kicking to his tactical kicking and found some serious yardage.

O'Shea was solid. Not as good as he was against Pontypridd for the B&I quarter, but still very good and looked promising. Most importantly he didn't crawl into a shell because of the occasion. Macken was just sublime. He linked up well with Isa and Hudson one more than one occasion.

Was mostly impressed by Reid and Cooney when they came on. They've transferred their form from the B&I cup into the senior team and at the end of the game they looked like the senior players coming off the bench. Some serious skills on display.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Cheers .ak! Might see if I can find highlights later.

Man I can't wait till I get back on Irish time......words cannot describe how much I miss the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Highlights should be up on the leinsterrugby.ie site later!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

For what it's worth Hook now thinks Mads is a serious contendor for the Ireland 10 jersey! Recommends Joe get a kicking coach to have him 'kick his butt off' to compete for the jersey. Now, he did have a great match and he's getting better with each outing but don't we have enough hassle with the Jonny v ROG saga without throwing someone else into it? Did agree with his comment 'tho that 'Nacewa is a class act' - he was electric last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

All season, I've been in agreement with Joe's apparent opinion that the best back three is:
    15: Kearney
    14: Nacewa
    11: Fitzgerald

But after watching Isa very closely last night, I wonder should he reconsider moving him back to FB? I know you have to put it in the context of the opposition last night, but his reading of the game, his positioning, getting involved in absolutely everything; it almost seems like a waste having him out on the wing.
    The only problem then is we're short a right-wing in Horgan's absence, not sure how well R Kearney would play there.

Let's play with two full backs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Whats the story with Eamonn Sheridan? Is he injured all the time or just fallen out of favour?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

profitius wrote: »
    Whats the story with Eamonn Sheridan? Is he injured all the time or just fallen out of favour?

We were just talking about him last night. He got badly injured in the pre-season game against NH but we haven't heard any word on him in a while. The talk early in the season was that he was due back around January.

Yeah. He played against Treviso last year and had a good game if I can remember correctly. Think I heard rumour of him committing to studies as well, not sure tho.

The leinster supporteres club facebooked this morning saying that the Munster away tickets were released today but I cant find any reference to them on the web site - ( I'm a season ticket holder) - anyone any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

profitius wrote: »

Injury. He's a 12 in the modern Welsh mold. If we could get him up and playing, he could be the long term replacement to D'arcy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

durkadurka wrote: »
    The leinster supporteres club facebooked this morning saying that the Munster away tickets were released today but I cant find any reference to them on the web site - ( I'm a season ticket holder) - anyone any info?

An email was sent around yesterday about it. It was from tickets@leinsterrugby.ie check your spam folder it might be in there.

You should've got a mail with the link in your email? I did. Bought my tickets already... Not many left, and they're all single tickets! :(

Unbelievable - my work email seems to have blocked them - got my buddy to mail his to my gmail account - then my gmail smam blocked it too.

got there in the end after considerable drama......

Unbelievable - my work email seems to have blocked them - got my buddy to mail his to my gmail account - then my gmail smam blocked it too.

got there in the end after considerable drama......

Here's hoping there'll be another good leinster contingent there. Always great craic in Thomond, it's my favorite away fixture. Hope we get the result this year tho. :)

Also, speaking of Munster... Looks like the Ruddock deal is a no-go. :)

Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Also, speaking of Munster... Looks like the Ruddock deal is a no-go. :)

Sweet, is that the first official confirmation that there was an offer made?

Sweet, is that the first official confirmation that there was an offer made?

As far as I can tell... I only heard rumors of it here.

Here's hoping there'll be another good leinster contingent there. Always great craic in Thomond, it's my favorite away fixture. Hope we get the result this year tho. :)

I could only get in the north terrace -did you do better than that?

I get my usual seats in the west stand. Great view, and more to the point very accessible bar! :) Also the OLSC same day return bus leaves 45 minutes after the whistle and they park near the west stand so it makes sense. :) But it looks like all the Leinster fans will be pretty spread out as usual.. Hopefully we make some noise!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Myself and two others are in the north terrace too. Looking on Leinsterfans a good few of us are in the north terrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement