Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

same here only follow the Rabo and HEC might watch the odd T14 game if it on.would think i would cost what a least 100k to sign Caldwell.is a second row a must for leinster or would they be ok for a year and then try to sign Caldwell?
    Cullen, Toner, Browne, and Flanagan are the contracted locks in Leinster. Flanagan looks like a great talent but isn't in the right place from a S&C position at the moment, can that be fixed over the offseason?

Neilus Keogh has trained with the squad and featured in the B&I cup but isn't of the quality required. The two locks in the academy (Ciarán Ruddock and Ben Marshall) are more backrow forwards than locks and I can see either making it in the second row.

To a large degree how much Leinster need a lock depends on Cullen's form over the next few months. He wasn't playing great before his surgery but how much of that was from playing injured?

I think Leinster need a signing, for next year, a big name second row from the SH has to be likely, I rekcon Leinster will pick up someone after the Super 15 finishes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

would thorn stay on if offered or is he set on a return to japan?

would thorn stay on if offered or is he set on a return to japan?
    He is contracted to return to Japan.

He is contracted to return to Japan.

oh right anyways im sure a club like leinster will have no problem in finding someone what to play for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

oh right well ya learn something new everyday still trying to increase my rugby knowledge so if i ask stupid questions i apologize

Your self awareness makes you considerably more enlightened than many on here .....

• Advertisement

durkadurka wrote: »
    Your self awareness makes you considerably more enlightened than many on here .....

haha thanks have always been a rugby fan but have gotten more into it in the last two or three years have to try and get myself to an Ireland game sometime but with not working at the moment the tickets are a little pricey.

haha thanks have always been a rugby fan but have gotten more into it in the last two or three years have to try and get myself to an Ireland game sometime but with not working at the moment the tickets are a little pricey.

Get yourself to some leinster games. Great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm pretty sure Leinster do a return day trip bus from Wexford to the RDS on match days fairly cheap and tickets are extremely reasonable too. It's a great day out if you have a chance to treat yourself sometime. Only 1 home league game left though, but maybe next season. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Get yourself to some leinster games. Great value.

And far more often than not better rugby! Def would encourage people to head to the RDS sooner than Landsdowne Rd. There's a far better vibe about the place. You don't get herded about and can take it nice and handy. Grab a burger and a beer and chill out before the game, and get closer to the action during it.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Leinster do a return day trip bus from Wexford to the RDS on match days fairly cheap and tickets are extremely reasonable too. It's a great day out if you have a chance to treat yourself sometime. Only 1 home league game left though, but maybe next season. :)

thanks for the info you don't have a website about that? doesn't matter if ya don't .ya i`ll defo look into it for next season :)

• Advertisement

just wanted to ask a quick question are leinster bring out a new jersey next season only reason i ask is i was thinking of getting one but if there bring out a new one i was gonna hold off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

just wanted to ask a quick question are leinster bring out a new jersey next season only reason i ask is i was thinking of getting one but if there bring out a new one i was gonna hold off.

I'm not sure but they usually run in two year cycles and if this stays the same then there'll be no new jersey next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I'm not sure but they usually run in two year cycles and if this stays the same then there'll be no new jersey next season.

Yeah they go by 2 year cycles so there shouldn't be any new jerseys until August 2013 - training jerseys being a possible exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

even when they do bring out a new one, they'll bring out several, eg: Rabo pro 12 jersey and a seperate Heineken cup jersey, so unless your willing to shell out some serious cash you won't be able to always match what the lads are wearing on the pitch.

That being said, this isn't soccer so spending money every 2 months on new jerseys isn't essential, and the RDS is full of people wearing everything from the newest kit right back as far as raggy old falling apart "lucky jerseys"

I'd say your best bet is to wait untill after the Heineken cup is over and then get this years one for cheap over the summer. It will do you fine for a couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

even when they do bring out a new one, they'll bring out several, eg: Rabo pro 12 jersey and a seperate Heineken cup jersey, so unless your willing to shell out some serious cash you won't be able to always match what the lads are wearing on the pitch.

That being said, this isn't soccer so spending money every 2 months on new jerseys isn't essential, and the RDS is full of people wearing everything from the newest kit right back as far as raggy old falling apart "lucky jerseys"

I'd say your best bet is to wait untill after the Heineken cup is over and then get this years one for cheap over the summer. It will do you fine for a couple of years

Leinster don't have a H Cup jersey. The sky blue one is being used by the Leinster A team and in friendlies.

Are Leinster wearing new socks? They seems to be wearing a mix of the current compression ones and last years looser and darker navy ones with blue stripes. Now they have blue ones where the white stripes are missing at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

ye i've had a look back over the photos from this year and your right.

Though I do seem to remember them having a light blue jersey for the Heineken cup last year, but that might have just been the away one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Naw, you're right, they had a Heineken Cup one last year.

Best looking jersey they've released in a good while tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Naw, you're right, they had a Heineken Cup one last year.

Best looking jersey they've released in a good while tbh!

I'm not 100% sure but I think they wore four different Jerseys in 9 hc games last year.

I'm not 100% sure but I think they wore four different Jerseys in 9 hc games last year.
    3 different jerseys. They wore one of them five times

We are a week away from the B&I cup semi

I'm thinking for the team
    McGrath Dundon Hagan/White/O'Connell
    Browne Flanagan
    Ruddock A'auva Ryan
    Cooney Berquist
    O'Shea O'Malley
    Carr Conway Kearney

That said a few players could be held back in case of injuries in the senior team. Th prop is liklely to be determined by fitness.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't dave Kearney be fb?
    Or is that what you meant?

And what about Macken and Hudson? Are they fit?

Wouldn't dave Kearney be fb?
    Or is that what you meant?

And what about Macken and Hudson? Are they fit?

could very happen that way, I wasn't sure which way those two would go between 14 and 15. Conway has played a few times at 15 for B&I cup while Kearney has played allmost all of his rugby this season at 14 but is probably more of a 15 than Conway generally.

Macken and Hudson are fit as far as I know, I don't consider Macken as a decent player any other position than 13 which is a shirt EOM must own if he is being pushed out of the senior team. Hudson is fit as well but could you really put him ahead of Carr, Conway or Kearney.

The other thing is will some of these guys be on the reserve list for the qf the next day? Would that prevent them from playing?

The other thing is will some of these guys be on the reserve list for the qf the next day? Would that prevent them from playing?
    Good point, I only thought of the first choice 23 for the HEC. How many players are usually kept back from the As as a reserve list.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Generally the guys held in reserve will play for the As when Heineken Cup games are at home, even when they play before. Harris-Wright was playing full games for the As and coming off the bench for Leinster in Heineken Cup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Generally the guys held in reserve will play for the As when Heineken Cup games are at home, even when they play before. Harris-Wright was playing full games for the As and coming off the bench for Leinster in Heineken Cup!

Now that you mention Harris-Wright, where did he move to ? Anyone know how he's getting on?

Surley wrote: »
    Now that you mention Harris-Wright, where did he move to ? Anyone know how he's getting on?
    Bristol, they are top of the championship but I don't know how he is getting on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

playing with bristol. dont know how he's doing over there

Bristol
    Bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He has barely played. He copped an injury. Them signing another hooker doesn't look good for him though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement