Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Practically the same team that started the HC final-save Kearney for Shaggy and Thorn for Hines. For all Leinster's squad quality its clear that when everyone is fit Scmidt knows who his starting 15 will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Practically the same team that started the HC final-save Kearney for Shaggy and Thorn for Hines. For all Leinster's squad quality its clear that when everyone is fit Scmidt knows who his starting 15 will be

It won a HC final and blitz most teams in Europe. Why change it when it is not broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What's the latest regarding Fitzgerald?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

What's the latest regarding Fitzgerald?

Schmidt said that they'd be "sitting down" after this weekend to sort it out. Tomorrow would be a good time for Fitz to burn Cuthbert and Halfpenny a couple of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Quint2010 wrote: »

I'm fairly sure Leinster started the same XV for all three knockout games last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Anybody know if kick off times and dates are confirmed for the semi yet? I know we are away in either France or London but will the game be Saturday or Sunday and what time will it kick off. I have stag that weekend want to make sure we are not travelling or go-karting while the game is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Anybody know if kick off times and dates are confirmed for the semi yet? I know we are away in either France or London but will the game be Saturday or Sunday and what time will it kick off. I have stag that weekend want to make sure we are not travelling or go-karting while the game is on.

Someone mentioned to me last night that we have the Sunday fixture. Although I can't see it confirmed anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Blackheath

Surely Leinster can't afford to leave Fitzgerald go after yesterdays performance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Ye the Avila game is the 28th and the Leinster game the 29 th

Ye the Avila game is the 28th and the Leinster game the 29 th

Thanks guys any times yet?

• Advertisement

Blackheath wrote: »
    Surely Leinster can't afford to leave Fitzgerald go after yesterdays performance

Don't think it's Leinster's call yet. Still in the main boys at the IRFU's hands. Wouldn't be surprised to see him not get a central contract, but get a provincial one like SOB.

Thanks guys any times yet?

Don't think so probably waiting for sky sports to confirm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Blackheath wrote: »
    Leinster haven't been allowed negotiate with Fitzgerald yet by the IRFU

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

There are rumours on twitter, its also in the Rugby Paper, that Leinster are signing IQ lock Tom Deton from Leeds.

http://www.leedscarnegie.com/rugby/leeds_carnegie_first_xv.php?includeref=dynamic&player=33441

http://p.twimg.com/Ap8YebWCMAElIso.jpg:large

I don't know much about him but he could be a good signing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

There are rumours on twitter, its also in the Rugby Paper, that Leinster are signing IQ lock Tom Deton from Leeds.

http://www.leedscarnegie.com/rugby/leeds_carnegie_first_xv.php?includeref=dynamic&player=33441

6'6", 17st, red hair, favourite film is snatch.....how can he not be Irish!

What's Jackman doing tweeting stuff like this though?

Would that move put paid to a potential move for a big name?

Would that move put paid to a potential move for a big name?

I think we need to be looking at long term players in that position as we have a lack of depth there so if he is decent it will be a good move. Browne and Toner may not set the world of fire but I'd have faith in 2 of them going forward.

I think the issue for us is the lack of an 'enforcer' type player rocky, Hines, Thorne but doesn't have to be a 2nd row

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'd be happy to be bringing in a younger Irish guy for next season.

Soon we'll see Cullen and Browne go. Our 2nd rows will be Toner, this chap, Flanagan... at that point I think we'll see Leinster bring in a big name NIQ 2nd row as Munster and Ulster will have plenty of IQ 2nd rows.

Until then, Cullen/Toner/Browne/Deton next season should be more than enough with Flanagan seeing more time in the lesser games.

Has Browne signed an extension (yet)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ambid

...Soon we'll see Cullen and Browne go...

Why Browne? He turns 32 next month but should have two or three years left and, if not test standard, he has played at a good level this season.

• Advertisement

ambid wrote: »
    Why Browne? He turns 32 next month but should have two or three years left and, if not test standard, he has played at a good level this season.

I rate him very highly but he has a lot of miles on the clock for the type of player he is. I don't think he'd last as long as say Cullen has. I'd say he has two seasons max left at the top level, which means Leinster will need to start replacing him after next season imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

I would much rather Copeland to be honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Clermont's next two Top14 games are:

Sat 14 April Clermont Auvergne v Stade Français. Stade are currently 7th.

Fri 20 April Clermont Auvergne v Montpellier. Montpellier are currently 4th.

Clermont are currently second and are 9 points ahead of third.

After the HEC Semi their remaining Top 14 games are:

Sat 5 May Castres v Clermont Auvergne. Castres are currently 5th.

Sat 12 May Clermont Auvergne v Brive. Brive are currently 9th and are 12 points off the playoff spots.

So while they have a squad to rotate players in preparation of the HEC Semi they also have the fixtures!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

No hiding the fact that the result today was bad from a Leinster perspective - it's somewhat balanced out in the long run by Toulouse and Munster both losing but we need to get to the final for that to matter....

I had high hopes for Saracans at home today :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

I would much rather Copeland to be honest.

agreed but he's signed for Cardiff. been watching his career since he went to england, he's doing very well in 2nd row and at 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Going to be a very tough trip to Bordeaux. Given how close we ran them last season in the Marcel Michelin, and that we had injuries to players like BOD, I think we might just have enough to win it this time.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Going to be a very tough trip to Bordeaux. Given how close we ran them last season in the Marcel Michelin, and that we had injuries to players like BOD, I think we might just have enough to win it this time.

Hines will know our line out inside out though and joe won't have as much knowledge of Clermont as he had. Be very hard they are a physical team Healy, Ross will need huge games and this is the type of game we signed Thorn for! Can't wait lets hope everyone keeps fit between this and then!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

So... Anyone else looking at travel to Bordeaux? Looks to be silly expensive. :(

299 for the day trip, 399 for the 1 night stay with Joe Walsh I belive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Go via London or Paris and train. Direct flights are always silly money. Can also fly into Biarritz or La Rochelle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement