Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Shane Byrne putting his 'legend' status on the line on TV3 right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Expensive to travel via Joe Walsh, flights to Biaritz are about 200 and then would need to travel up

FLights direct to Bordeaux are about 600 with Aerlingus, shower of f**ks.....

ALso they wont put on anymore flights, they make no money, nobody on there flights, and when they get a chance to run 2-3 flights full of fans at about 150 a head and make a fortune they turn it down.....useless

Shane Byrne putting his 'legend' status on the line on TV3 right now.

His hair got a slagging:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

What was he doing??

Hagz wrote: »
    What was he doing??

Celebrity Come Dine With Me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 conorr

just priced flights for myself and father , i think they arent too bad:
    From Dublin to Bordeaux
    Fare 193.99
    Taxes and Charges 36.00
    Flight Total 229.99
    From Bordeaux to Dublin
    Fare 13.99
    Taxes and Charges 31.00
    Flight Total 44.99
    Total Price: EUR 274.98

conorr wrote: »
    just priced flights for myself and father , i think they arent too bad:
    From Dublin to Bordeaux
    Fare 193.99
    Taxes and Charges 36.00
    Flight Total 229.99
    From Bordeaux to Dublin
    Fare 13.99
    Taxes and Charges 31.00
    Flight Total 44.99

Total Price: EUR 274.98

Eh? You sure? I'd double check you have the right dates there chief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 conorr

yep that would be coming back on the 2nd of may as its 370 on the 30th and you would surely get a hotel for that much , might as well make a holiday out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

.ak wrote: »
    Really? I thought Reddan did a job for us. Kept the ball moving. Was put under a huge amount of pressure by Cardiff and still kept his cool and kept the team moving. Didn't see much of him in the second half because Cardiff had the ball. But yeah, there's a chance JS will go with Boss for the semi - away, France and all that... But I'd be worried if we play a tight game to be honest. It almost went against us in Montpelier, and look at the way Sarries play and Clermont schooled them at their own game. Their pack is monsterish. I think having Cudmore and Hine is key to their style of play upfront - they bully other teams with their physical presence. Having Thorn helps, but Cullen and Toner just aren't that physical.. We could be under big trouble there.

Something to be said for bringing Browne maybe?

I must watch the game back again as you often miss a lot when you are at it - from memory I thought his first 15 mins was poor and that may have colored my perception for the rest of the game. He had a couple of dodgey kicks as well I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

.ak wrote: »
    Really? I thought Reddan did a job for us. Kept the ball moving. Was put under a huge amount of pressure by Cardiff and still kept his cool and kept the team moving. Didn't see much of him in the second half because Cardiff had the ball. But yeah, there's a chance JS will go with Boss for the semi - away, France and all that... But I'd be worried if we play a tight game to be honest. It almost went against us in Montpelier, and look at the way Sarries play and Clermont schooled them at their own game. Their pack is monsterish. I think having Cudmore and Hine is key to their style of play upfront - they bully other teams with their physical presence. Having Thorn helps, but Cullen and Toner just aren't that physical.. We could be under big trouble there.

Something to be said for bringing Browne maybe?

I think he'll go with Reddan, think Boss has been playing poor since christmas myself. I'd say Cullen will definately start, that'll be a game where you want your captain on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Reading cybervulcans.net reminds me of here! Some posters saying ASM don't have a chance because Leinster are so strong. Others saying Heaslip and D'arcy are rubbish, or that we only have 40 minutes of rugby to offer (as evidenced by Saturday's match).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

tolosenc wrote: »
    Reading cybervulcans.net reminds me of here! Some posters saying ASM don't have a chance because Leinster are so strong. Others saying Heaslip and D'arcy are rubbish, or that we only have 40 minutes of rugby to offer (as evidenced by Saturday's match).

We haven't a chance. We can't live with Fofana and Rougerie. Brock James and Malzieu are rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clermont are going to try to beat us up front. Hines and Cudnore are a very physical pairing and I can see them doing all they can to disrupt the way Leinster play. This is the game that Thorn was bought for imo. He is going to smash everything that moves.

The Clermont backrow will be tasked with slowing down Leinster ball as much as possible. If we get quick ball then we're very dangerous. Slow it down though, then we'll start having problems.

Leinster will have to stop quick ball for Clermont too. Fofana will cause havoc if he gets the right delivery. I think Rougerie is way overrated but he'll still cause problems for us if we don't slow down their ruck ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

If there was ever an Irish team that was made to smash a French team in France in a HC semi it's this Leinster team

Stay positive lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Clegg wrote: »
    Clermont are going to try to beat us up front. Hines and Cudnore are a very physical pairing and I can see them doing all they can to disrupt the way Leinster play. This is the game that Thorn was bought for imo. He is going to smash everything that moves.

The Clermont backrow will be tasked with slowing down Leinster ball as much as possible. If we get quick ball then we're very dangerous. Slow it down though, then we'll start having problems.

Leinster will have to stop quick ball for Clermont too. Fofana will cause havoc if he gets the right delivery. I think Rougerie is way overrated but he'll still cause problems for us if we don't slow down their ruck ball.

The selection of referee will play a huge part.

I presume it'll be a northern hemisphere ref from te international panel, who is not Irish or French.

So Barnes, Owens, Blind Dave or Small.

Barnes is best?

Just wondering do people think there is any debate over the hooker position for the semi-final? Thought Strauss was ropey enough on Saturday; his first throw was picked off by Cardiff, another was a massive overthrow (although we got a penalty for a push on Heaslip, I don't think it made any difference) and then we had a lineout close to their line with the last play of the first half and there was another overthrow. Now, Cronin is not famed for his darts either, and it's easy to blame the hooker when it might be the calls or the jumpers, but still, it wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

tolosenc wrote: »
    Clegg wrote: »

The selection of referee will play a huge part.

I presume it'll be a northern hemisphere ref from te international panel, who is not Irish or French.

So Barnes, Owens, Blind Dave or Small.

Barnes is best?

I'd marginally prefer Owens.

Blind Dave definitely the worst for us, real hometown ref.

Ironically only for the fact he is French i would have gone for Poite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Just wondering do people think there is any debate over the hooker position for the semi-final? Thought Strauss was ropey enough on Saturday; his first throw was picked off by Cardiff, another was a massive overthrow (although we got a penalty for a push on Heaslip, I don't think it made any difference) and then we had a lineout close to their line with the last play of the first half and there was another overthrow. Now, Cronin is not famed for his darts either, and it's easy to blame the hooker when it might be the calls or the jumpers, but still, it wasn't great.

I'd still play Strauss, I don't think up Cronin is up to a start at this level.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Seems the €50 section is where most of our allocation is for the semi. I've got three of us booked there. Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Bookies have the handicap dead even for the Leinster - Clermont game. Don't think I've ever looked forward to a game Munster weren't playing in as much as this one... Has all the makings of a classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

For those of us who are buying tickets for the semi-final, here's a message from OLSC on Facebook:
    Majority of semi final tickets we have received are in €50 zone, there are less in each of the cheaper categories.

I've booked my tickets in the €50 cat as well... Bit out of my budget, but sure feck it... I think the 16th man will be needed. Uber nervous about this now... This may as well be the final in terms of tightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Seems the €50 section is where most of our allocation is for the semi. I've got three of us booked there. Can't wait now!

Leinster seem to be pushing those traveling to get the €50 tickets to keep the fans together. 2 booked. I can start counting down the days now!

How are people getting over to game??? looking for idea's...couple of lads want to go as well but not paying 550 to Aerlingus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Big Nelly wrote: »
    How are people getting over to game??? looking for idea's...couple of lads want to go as well but not paying 550 to Aerlingus

I would look at flying nearly anywhere else in France and getting the TGV. Unfortunately I can't go but I've done that to get to Toulouse and also when going skiiing in France before, it's obviously more awkward and takes longer but you can make good savings.

You cheap b*stard :)

Joe Walsh tours are doing a charter flight, think it's about €300...

Edit: Alternative airports are La Rochelle, Toulouse and Biarritz, if there's a group of you a hired car would probably work out OK.

You cheap b*stard :)

Joe Walsh tours are doing a charter flight, think it's about €300...

Its 375 for flight over and back same day!!!! also then another 50 for ticket....

Already have tickets and flights etc for HC Final so was trying not to spend a fortune on going to semi!!!!

Its 375 for flight over and back same day!!!! also then another 50 for ticket....

Already have tickets and flights etc for HC Final so was trying not to spend a fortune on going to semi!!!!

Ah fair play to you, I ruled it out early on cost grounds. I went to Toulouse in 2006, saved a fortune by going through England.

Just went on to Easyjet.com there, they fly to Bordeaux from Bristol, Liverpool, Gatwick and Luton, all of which are served by Aer Lingus and/or Ryanair. More hassle but you might get a bargain (and probably less hassle than trying to get the TGV from Paris), so do a bit of hunting around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

You could also try and get a flight to Paris and TGV to Bordeaux (roughly three and a half hours) for about €90 return.

Ah fair play to you, I ruled it out early on cost grounds. I went to Toulouse in 2006, saved a fortune by going through England.

Just went on to Easyjet.com there, they fly to Bordeaux from Bristol, Liverpool, Gatwick and Luton, all of which are served by Aer Lingus and/or Ryanair. More hassle but you might get a bargain (and probably less hassle than trying to get the TGV from Paris), so do a bit of hunting around.

For those heading, not sure if I will yet, need to work things out....I got Ryanair flights to Rodez, would be Sat to Tue so would have to make a holiday out of it....they are 61 return(prob a bit more expensive with credit card etc). The train trip is 4 hours and I got for 50UKP on website so not sure how much in euro

Could be worth a look....now I need to work out how I get across. 2 days off work is a no no at this stage!!!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

... for those interested. Prices are actually live as of now. I sent this to a few mates who are also going the same route so wouldn't be surprised if the prices start to swell. This is the least 'hassle' free way that's still relatively cheap. Except for the silly 8 hour wait in Bristol.... :mad:

Here's what I'm doing:

FLIGHTS:

OUTGOING FLIGHTS:

Dublin T1 (DUB) to Bristol (BRS)
    DATE: Saturday, 28/04/12
    TIME: Depart DUB 06:35, Arrive BRS 07:35
    FLIGHT: Ryanair FR504
    TOTAL COST: €20.99 [inc. fees] *

Bristol (BRS) to Bordeaux (BOD)
    DATE: Saturday, 28/04/12
    TIME: Depart BRS 16:50, Arrive BOD 19:25
    FLIGHT: Eazyjet EZY6121
    TOTAL COST: €62.79 [inc. fees] *

RETURN FLIGHTS:

Bordeaux (BOD) to London Gatwick (LGW)
    DATE: Monday, 30/04/12
    TIME: Depart BOD 14:50, Arrive LGW 15:25
    FLIGHT: Eazyjet EZY5014
    TOTAL COST: €64.99 [inc. fees] *

London Gatwick (LGW) to Dublin T2 (DUB)
    DATE: Monday, 30/04/12
    TIME: Depart LGW 20:50, Arrive DUB 22:10
    FLIGHT: Aerlingus EI0249
    TOTAL COST: €40.29 [inc. fees] *

* Costs above are including admin fee/credit card charge. If you can use a debit card you will get these cheaper. Costs shown were live as of 09/04/12.

ACCOMMODATION:

ETAP HOTEL [IBIS] Bordeaux centre Mériadeck
    DATE: Saturday, 28/04/12, Check Out Monday 30/04/12 (2x NIGHTS)
    LOCATION: City Centre, 1.5km from Stade Chaban Delmas [5min car, 15min walk]
    ROOM: Double Room
    TOTAL COST: €101.40 [€50.70 pp]

MATCH-DAY TICKETS:

ASM Clermont Auvergne v Leinster
    DATE: Sun, 29th April 2012
    TIME: KO 16:00 LOCAL
    CATEGORY: PRICE2, 6 *
    TOTAL COST: €53.95 [inc. fees]

* Note on Ticket Category. Tickets are priced as follows: €20, €25, €30, €35, €50 and €60. However within the ticket allocation currently available to Season Ticket Holders (until Friday), the majority of the tickets are in the €50 category (price2,6). So that is where the biggest block of Leinster fans will be. If you are purchasing through a season ticket holder's account, pick the €50 ones and we'll automatically be put in the same section. If you have to wait, wait until we are sent our tickets and I'll tell you exactly what location they are.

Can't wait now... Nervous/excited already...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement